Sign in to follow this  
agloup

Infinity and beyond

When playing infinity in ancient gears is too mainstream for you:

orHERQQ.png

If this card is in your graveyard and you have two level five monsters on the field you can add a copy of it to your hand to your hand. Turn all level five monsters on the field into LIGHT machine-type monsters, you can only summon machine-type monsters this turn.

Edited by agloup

I don't support this card. I have no problems with turning your Level 5s into LIGHT Machines and going right away into CyDra Nova/Infinity or even Pleiades, and it's kind of similar to CyDra Drei already. But the protection from negation is an overkill. However, the worst part IMO is the first effect since it makes it into a self-searchable card, and that's disgusting. The only cards I know can do that are the Metal forms of REBD and Zoa, as well as one of the forms of the Charmers, but those often are impractical to set up, and I dread to see the day YGO evolves into a game of self-searching cards.

I would rather keep the anti-negation protection as long as you remove the self-search effect. And even then, you may have to consider restricting your Summons into only Machines so you can't try funny plays with Pleaides or other non-CyDra Xyzs. Alternatively, replace both the self-search and anti-negation effects with some other effect that keeps the card good without going too far. Maybe something like the "insurance" effect of Cyber Emergency to discourage the opponent from negating this card.

I gotta say I agree with you on the whole self-search issue. it's a symbol of things going too far in power-creep. that said this card was originally an "achievement unlocked" card for me, a way to say "yeah i made infinity in shiranui wat u gonna do about it?". And in creating this card my memories from years an undetermined amount of time trying to summon infinity in that deck may have resurfaced. I removed the protection from the card and changed the search from a self search to a self search (it now searches more of itself).