Sign in to follow this  
Summer Darj

[Written] Wonder Evolution Pill

Wonder Evolution Pill
Normal Spell
Apply 1 of these effects.
• Destroy 1 Reptile, Sea Serpent or Winged Beast monster you control or in your hand, and if you do, Special Summon, from your Deck, hand or GY, 1 Dinosaur monster whose Level is equal or 1 higher than the original Level of the destroyed monster.
• Destroy 1 Dinosaur monster you control or in your hand, and if you do, Special Summon, from your Deck, hand or GY, 1 Dragon monster whose Level is equal or 1 higher than the original Level of the destroyed monster.
• Destroy 1 Dragon monster you control or in your hand, and if you do, Special Summon, from your Deck, hand or GY, 1 Wyrm monster whose Level is equal or 1 higher than the original Level of the destroyed monster.
You can only activate 1 "Wonder Evolution Pill" per turn.

Got inspiration from Jewel Beast - Argosaurus. Basically a Transmodify of sorts that can be used to trigger some floaty effects of Reptiles, Sea Serpents, Winged Beasts, Dinosaurs and Dragons. Dinos can play it along Oviraptor, Diagram, Argosaurus, etc. to extend their pop combos, although they would have to run Dragons with the appropriate Level to make it live.

Thoughts?

It feels uncomfortable to me whenever you list Deck before hand in your "hand, Deck, or GY" phrasing... Just thought I had to at least mention that.

The first thing I confess this card made me wanna use it on, was Bastion's chemical deck (Oxigeddon, Hydrogeddon, Duoterion) because Oviraptor is not enough to bring out the pieces. Though Evolite sounds good with these and I bet it was the first thing in mind when making the card to support.

Kagetokage and/or Sacred Crane with this sounds tempting, or even teching Deepsea Diva for extended Synchro plays in a Dino build though it conflicts with the EARTH theme they have going on via Dragonic Diagram sacrificing a bunch of Triceratop babies to a spirit of calamity.

Dinos for Dragons doesn't have a real theme right now but it opens the doors. Stuff like Laggia and Dolka as the dragons in the dino archetype are not exactly compatible with it but it's fine. Same for Dragons into Wyrms, I don't really think there's a niche there at the moment, though maybe if that one "Tributed" instead of destroying you could try something out in Hyeratics, IDK.

Overall I'm a fan of Transmodify-like cards, and this is no exception. Evolution Pills in the game have gone a long way.