Summer Damian

Nakantana, akuga!

Thunder Cross Split Attack

Quick-Play Spell Card"When a monster you control declares an attack on a monster your opponent controls with higher ATK, you can activate this card from your hand. When a monster you control battles a monster your opponent controls: Use your monster's ATK and half of your opponent's monster's original DEF for damage calculation. (The original DEF of Link Monsters is treated as 0.) Until the end of the battle, your opponent cannot activate or use monster cards or effects, and the effects of the battling monster they control are negated. If your opponent takes battle damage from this battle, they take 500 more damage."

edit:

Thunder Cross Split Attack

Quick-Play Spell

If a monster you control battles an opponent's monster: Until the end of the battle, your opponent cannot activate monster effects and the effect of your opponent's battling monster is negated. Also, half your opponent's battling monster's original DEF is used for damage calculation, and your monster gains 500 ATK during Damage Calculation only.

It's good for removal and does some serious damage, but really, it's just a meme.

Edited by Damian Thorne

The first bit is a bit too wordy. If it is your monster that is attacking, it means it is your turn so ALL Quick Play Spells can be activated from your hand when it is your turn.... Also, I think if you write the DEF changing effect after the "no effects can be used" effect, your first effect will always be live, while the second one won't matter if it does or doesn't so you won't need to specify anything about a Link's lack of DEF

All in all the effect could look more or less like this:

If a monster you control battles an opponent's monster: Until the end of the battle, your opponent cannot activate monster effects and the effect of your opponent's battling monster is negated. Also, your monster gains ATK equal to half of the battling monster's original DEF (if any) +500, during Damage Calculation only.

I went ahead and put the 500 at the end as part of the ATK to help your monster a little bit to survive more often, and because you needing to inflict battle damage to make 500 effect damage afterwards doesn't really benefit from jumping over the battle damage reductors like Waboku or Kuriboh anyways. The way you had it could trigger effects that work off effect damage taking place but stuff like "Dark Room of Nightmare" isn't very promising on its own in my opinion....

All in all, the card is pretty solid. We are looking at consistent +1000 or 2000 ATK and the same effect cancellation from Odd-Eyes Meteorburst Dragon, which are pretty potent.

On 3/23/2020 at 8:01 PM, Sleepy said:

The first bit is a bit too wordy. If it is your monster that is attacking, it means it is your turn so ALL Quick Play Spells can be activated from your hand when it is your turn.... Also, I think if you write the DEF changing effect after the "no effects can be used" effect, your first effect will always be live, while the second one won't matter if it does or doesn't so you won't need to specify anything about a Link's lack of DEF

All in all the effect could look more or less like this:

If a monster you control battles an opponent's monster: Until the end of the battle, your opponent cannot activate monster effects and the effect of your opponent's battling monster is negated. Also, your monster gains ATK equal to half of the battling monster's original DEF (if any) +500, during Damage Calculation only.

I went ahead and put the 500 at the end as part of the ATK to help your monster a little bit to survive more often, and because you needing to inflict battle damage to make 500 effect damage afterwards doesn't really benefit from jumping over the battle damage reductors like Waboku or Kuriboh anyways. The way you had it could trigger effects that work off effect damage taking place but stuff like "Dark Room of Nightmare" isn't very promising on its own in my opinion....

All in all, the card is pretty solid. We are looking at consistent +1000 or 2000 ATK and the same effect cancellation from Odd-Eyes Meteorburst Dragon, which are pretty potent.

My intent was to change the value used for your opponent's monster's damage calculation from the opponent's monster's ATK to half their original DEF, which fits with the principle of the JoJo's technique this card was based on: locking up your opponent's arms and striking while they're weak. I would like to keep that aspect of the card, just for that sweet sweet flavor, and so it can be used against high-ATK-no-DEF and Link monsters

Other than that, though, your criticism is valid. The card is a bit too wordy, and I will work on changing it.