Sign in to follow this  
Tinkerer

2 Link Monsters

Beast King Savage Barbaros
FIRE Links: SW S SE
Beast/Link/Effect
3 Effect monsters
The effects of monsters on the field whose ATK is less than the combined ATK of all monsters this card points to cannot be activated. Once per turn: You can Tribute 3 monsters this card points to; destroy all cards your opponent controls, but if you do, only this card can declare an attack this turn.
3000/LINK 3

A really powerful Link 3 that is tough to Summon and maintain easily. It has its own weaknesses, but we haven't gotten too many Link 3s that are specifically good to end on. Honestly, I'm not sure about this one though. It could be too difficult to use or too powerful and I'm having a tough time gauging which.

Xtra HERO Marvelous
LIGHT Links: S
Warrior/Link/Effect
1 monster
You can only Special Summon this monster if your opponent controls more monsters than you do. This card's ATK equals the ATK of the highest ATK monster your opponent controls. You can only Summon a monster to a Zone this card points to. If this card declares an attack: Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. This card's effects cannot be negated.
?/LINK 1

...And here's a Link 1 that I wanted to design to help bring some balance to the force game. The lock to the area you can summon is designed to make it difficult for you to ladder with it (if it is pointing to a monster already, you can't use it to Summon a Link 2, a la Rivalry/Gozen Match rulings). Instead, it is supposed to act as another Utopia the Lightning in being a means of removal by battle. If you ram it into your opponent's high ATK monster, you'll reopen yourself to Summon w/e in your MP2 - an always accessible though much weaker Evenly Matched if you will.

Edited by Tinkerer

Any particular reason to make the 2nd Link a Xtra HERO?
Also, I don't like the genericness of its requirements. I would rather leave it to Konami to introduce first a Link1 that requires any monster. Regardless, it may be too good for a generic Link1. Even with the Verz Mandragora restriction, it still is such an accessible problem solver.

18 minutes ago, Darj said:

Any particular reason to make the 2nd Link a Xtra HERO?
Also, I don't like the genericness of its requirements. I would rather leave it to Konami to introduce first a Link1 that requires any monster. Regardless, it may be too good for a generic Link1. Even with the Verz Mandragora restriction, it still is such an accessible problem solver.

Not particularly.  Felt like tossing a bone to HEROs considering their current link lineup isn't good. HEROs don't particularly benefit from it in any way.

Is an accessible problem solver such a bad thing?  You're essentially skipping your Main 1 + Battle Phase in order to out 1 monster so you can open up a counter play.  Even with its accessibility, that is a pretty big cost.  You also can't really ladder with it effectively, so it can't be abused in that way either.  Unlike generics like PoG, this kind of generic actively works better against stronger decks than weaker ones.  Is it so bad to bring disparate decks to a closer medium?

Then again, I'm looking at it through the eyes of a creator; I'll be more than willing to rework it if there's some really gross flaw in its premise that I'm misunderstanding.

Im retrospect, yeah, it may not be that potent. It does take your BP if you want to deal with a problem monster, and Extra Deck slots are precious in most decks. Should be fine, then. I still find odd that it's a generic HERO Link. Thankfully it's not DARK for Law Mask Change xD

inb4 Lair of Darkness combo :v