Summer Darj

Knightmare Gryphon

HGnLyE5.png
Knightmare Gryphon
LIGHT/Fiend/Link/Effect/Rating 4
ATK: 2500
Markers: top, left, right, bottom
2+ monsters with different names
If this card is Link Summoned: You can discard 1 card, then target 1 Spell/Trap in your GY; Set it to your field, but it cannot be activated this turn, then, if this card was co-linked when this effect was activated, you can draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Knightmare Gryphon" once per turn. Special Summoned monsters on the field cannot activate their effects, unless they are linked.

I often say I would staple this in every deck along Phoenix and Unicorn if there is spare Extra Deck space, since its requirements are flexible, you can potentially follow up into it from Unicorn, it is perhaps one of the best Link4s to go into when going first for stun purposes, and depending on what Spell/Trap you grab, it can be a potent play. However, I have yet to try this because of the lack of spare ED space in the decks I build. I'm curious on the opinion of NCM in this regard. Also, personally I appreciate its LIGHT/Fiend typing, which is not as common as the DARK/Fiend that Unicorn got instead, despite what their colors would imply.

Thoughts?