Sign in to follow this  
Ultimagamer

Union Support

A couple union supports I thought of ( somewhat focuses on ABCs but can be applied generically as well ). 

Please leave your thoughts below. ?

Heavy Union Support Transport 

Level 4 / Light / Machine / Union / Effect 

1000 attack / 1000 defense 

During the turn this card is Normal Summoned, you can Normal Summon 1 Union Monster in addition to your Normal Summon ( you can only gain this effect once per turn ). Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 Union Monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it. If a Monster equipped with this card would be affected by an opponent's card effect, you can destroy this card instead of applying that effect. 

Super Union Orgranizer 

Link 2 / Light / Warrior / Link / Effect 

Link Materials: 2 Monsters, including a Union Monster 

Link Markers: Bottom Left, Bottom Right 

1200 attack 

Cannot be used as Link Material during the turn it is Link Summoned. If this card is Link Summoned: You can add 1 Union Monster from your Deck to your hand, then you can send 1 Normal Monster from your Deck to your GY. During your Main Phase: You can reveal 1 Union Monster in your hand; Special Summon 1 Monster from your hand or GY that can be equipped with the revealed Union Monster, then Equip the revealed Union Monster from your hand to the Summoned Monster ( Treat this equip as if it were done by the Monster's effect ). You can only use each effect of "Super Union Organizer" once per turn. 

Edited by Ultimagamer
Make These Cards Better

Heavy Union Support Platform
It's decent I guess. The extra NS is not any more helpful than Silver/Gold Gadgets and its Level 3 may clash with Rank4 summon attempts. The GY effect is fin to fall back into, becoming a floater at worst, or netting some pluses with milling strategies. ABCs got their toys unlimited in TCG's latest banlist though, so they may not want this card too much.

Super Union Combination Machine
Not a fan of this one. I don't like that it is so specific at protecting contact Fusions. The effect is fine but probably can be written in a classier way, or at least not this blatant. For instance, you may as well protect all Fusions and get rid of the "that do not use a card effect for that Summon" text.
Then, the other effect is a bit overpowering, IMO. Normally summoning an Union from Deck and equipping an appropriate Union from GY or banished would be fine in a vacuum... but ABCs are a thing, and 2 of their Union members are floaters as you should know, so this can easily translate into additional pluses depending on what you Summon and equip.

Hey there,

Heavy Union Support Transport seems fine, if a little generic. Although I think you made a little mistake in its effect since its not a Union monster, making it impossible for it to target itself with its own effect.

I gotta admit I an also not a fan of Super Union Combination Machine either. It seem to be catering way to much for the ABC Archetype even though they really dont need it. I would prefer if this card would support lesser known Union monsters. Knoami made a bunch back in the day and it would be fun to see those make a comeback.

Edited by The Old Charlelot

16 hours ago, Darj said:

Heavy Union Support Platform
It's decent I guess. The extra NS is not any more helpful than Silver/Gold Gadgets and its Level 3 may clash with Rank4 summon attempts. The GY effect is fin to fall back into, becoming a floater at worst, or netting some pluses with milling strategies. ABCs got their toys unlimited in TCG's latest banlist though, so they may not want this card too much.

Super Union Combination Machine
Not a fan of this one. I don't like that it is so specific at protecting contact Fusions. The effect is fine but probably can be written in a classier way, or at least not this blatant. For instance, you may as well protect all Fusions and get rid of the "that do not use a card effect for that Summon" text.
Then, the other effect is a bit overpowering, IMO. Normally summoning an Union from Deck and equipping an appropriate Union from GY or banished would be fine in a vacuum... but ABCs are a thing, and 2 of their Union members are floaters as you should know, so this can easily translate into additional pluses depending on what you Summon and equip.

14 hours ago, The Old Charlelot said:

Hey there,

Heavy Union Support Transport seems fine, if a little generic. Although I think you made a little mistake in its effect since its not a Union monster, making it impossible for it to target itself with its own effect.

I gotta admit I an also not a fan of Super Union Combination Machine either. It seem to be catering way to much for the ABC Archetype even though they really dont need it. I would prefer if this card would support lesser known Union monsters. Knoami made a bunch back in the day and it would be fun to see those make a comeback.

I see what you guys are sayin. These cards apply too specifically to ABCs. It's true. While they may be the best Unions, we should probably make generic Union support that supports all of the Unions, mhm. 

Edited both monsters to make them better. 

Changes 

First Monster 

- No longer has a GY effect 

- Now is a Union monster with Union effects 

- Now is level 4 

Link Monster 

- Now interacts generically with Union monsters 

- No longer protects contact Fusion monsters 

- Now allows for normal monster interactions 

Edited by Ultimagamer
Clarifying OP Edits