Sign in to follow this  
VCR_CAT

Infinitrack Support [9/6] [Written]

I've been playing a lot of Master Duel lately, and of course (to nobody's surprise I'm sure) my deck of choice has been EARTH Machine. As my ADHD hyper-focus on this game has returned, so, too, has a strong desire to see vacant niches within this archetype filled that I cannot ignore. Without further ado, these are 5 cards that I feel would really flesh out Infinitracks and boost them to be a properly competitive theme.

Spoiler

Infinitrack Ice Ranger
Level 1 - EARTH
Machine/Effect

Cannot be used as a Synchro Material. If you control no monsters, or only “Infinitrack” monsters: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is Tributed for an “Infinitrack” card’s effect: You can declare a Level from 1-5; Special Summon this card from your GY, and if you do, its Level becomes that declared Level, but banish this card if it leaves the field or would be sent to the GY as an Xyz Material. You can only use each effect of “Infinitrack Ice Ranger” once per turn.
ATK 800 | DEF 500

Based off of tracked arctic exploration vehicles, this card fills a niche that I feel is the most dire for Infinitracks to have filled: a combo starter that isn't a Normal Summon. While it doesn't search like a Harvester or combine levels on its own, I feel like a card of this function would greatly improve the deck's base consistency, ability to play through even the most common and simple disruptions, and give a starting move that isn't the same card or the same play every time, without being in itself a one-card combo. Really, with this deck, designing another one-card combo like Harvester that's also a self-summon would be utterly insane, though this card is already quite strong in all honesty.

Infinitrack Land Ridger
Level 3 - EARTH
Machine/Effect

If an EARTH Machine monster is Tributed, or banished face-up: You can Special Summon this card from the GY (if it was there when the monster was Tributed or banished) or hand (even if not), but banish it when it leaves the field. You can only use this effect of "Infinitrack Land Ridger" once per turn. An Xyz Monster whose original Type is Machine and has this card as material gains this effect.
● If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage.
ATK 1200 | DEF 500

Based off the humble farm plough. Land Ridger is, again, simply meant to add more options for reaching various levels in the Infinitrack theme and even out the main monster line. There's a lot in the Level 5 department, and I think branching out would help really round out the options between micro-engines and more pure decks. I copied the mechanics from Road Roller to help better balance out the use of mechanics in the theme.

Infinitrack Crawler Carrier
Level 6 - EARTH
Machine/Effect

If you Normal Summon an EARTH Machine monster: You can Special Summon this card from your hand in Defense Position, and if you do, you can Tribute 1 other Machine monster you control, otherwise this card's original Level becomes 2. You can target up to 2 other Machine monsters you control; the Levels of those monster(s) and this card become the combined original Levels of the first target and this card, until the end of this turn. You can only use each effect of Infinitrack Crawler Carrier once per turn.
ATK 2500 | DEF 500

Based off of articulated tracked transports that have trailers. Deep down I knew I kind of wanted a Level 6 monster, but I didn't quite know how to best implement the card or what it would do to add something new to the table. One thing I did to set this card apart from the other level copiers is to add the ability to create triple-material monsters, to grant an in-theme way of summoning Giga Platform without using its Rank-Up effect, but also to expand the potential toolbox of monsters this theme can create.

Infinitrack Kujata
EARTH - Bottom Left
Machine/Link/Effect

1 non-Link "Infinitrack" monster
If this card is sent from the field to the GY: You can target 1 Xyz Monster you control; attach this card to that monster as material. You can only use this effect of "Infinitrack Kujata" once per turn. An Xyz Monster whose original Type is Machine and has this card as material gains this effect.
● This card gains 900 ATK/DEF.
ATK 900 | LINK-1
Not based on anything in particular. This card is, honestly, a bit of a shameless Goliath copy, but also something that the deck would be happy to have in all honesty. Could this card not exist and the theme be fine for it? Yeah. Can I leave a mechanic or idea that doesn't feel properly fleshed out well enough alone for the sake of simplicity? Probably not. I went with a stat boost, 900 specifically because that brings Mountain Smasher and Earth Slicer into nice, big, round numbers, but I felt full battle protection would be a bit much considering some cards that this could end up being used on.

Infinitrack Gilgamesh
EARTH - Left | Right
Machine/Link/Effect

2 EARTH Machine monsters
(Quick Effect): You can target 2 “Infinitrack” monsters in your GY; Special Summon in face-up Defense Position, from your Extra Deck, 1 EARTH Machine Xyz Monster whose Rank equals the combined Level of the targeted monsters using this face-up card you control as material. (This is treated as an Xyz Summon.) You can only use this effect of “Infinitrack Gilgamesh” once per turn. If an EARTH Machine Xyz Monster has this card as material, its effect(s) that are activated by detaching its material(s) become Quick Effects.
ATK 1000 | LINK-2

To be perfectly honest, I do not know what this card would look like as it's not based off of any real-world vehicle. I figure it would be some sort of abstract construction/utility vehicle. Anyways, while I've looked through the current roster of EARTH Machine Xyz Monsters, I do realize this isn't the most future-proofed card as it makes summoning out what would otherwise be a difficult to summon boss monster quite easily. But, this isn't a real card so also what the hey, if it were and I had any sort of say in cards that were made I know this card could easily be designed around without ruining the functionality of future cards. The intent in this card was to add some additional versatility and expand upon the "Link and Xyz Summoning" aspect of Infinitracks, which I feel is under-utilized. This would help turns feel less rail-roaded (lol) into certain options and with even tight resources you could still do a bit more. As for the quick-effect changing effect, I thought a Quick Effect Gustav could be funny.

Infinitrack Fortress Megaggressor
EARTH - Down-Left | Down-Right
Machine/Link/Effect

2 Machine Xyz Monsters
This card gains ATK equal to the number of materials attached to the Xyz Monsters used as Link Materials for this card's Link Summon x1000. Cannot be targeted or destroyed by monster effects, except by the effects of Xyz Monsters. (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 material from an Xyz Monster you control and target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; negate its effects, and if you do, banish that target. You can only use this effect of "Infinitrack Fortress Megaggressor" once per turn.

ATK 500 | LINK-2
Something to, again, add more boss monsters to the theme and round out its balance of "Link and Xyz interactions". I felt like a Link 2 boss could be good, and while Megaclops has a role in oppressively shifting the balance in field presence and advantage, Megaggressor acts as more of a disruptive option, with an ability to be potentially stronger in the ATK department depending on how much effort you put into summoning it, but overall a bit easier to get rid of.

Infinitrack Mighty Hauler
Rank 3 - EARTH
Machine/Xyz/Effect

2 Level 3 monsters
When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can attach that monster to this card as material. You can only use each of the following effects of "Infinitrack Mighty Hauler" once per turn.
● You can detach 1 material from this card: Special Summon 1 Rank 9 or lower "Infinitrack" Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck in Defense Position.
● If this card is in your GY: You can Tribute 1 Machine Link Monster; Special Summon this card in Defense Position.
ATK 2100 | DEF 1400

Based off of a tracked cargo vehicle, Mighty Hauler is what I decided upon to work as a Rank 3. Since I designed the Level 1 to not be a level combiner like Harvester or Anchor Drill, this would be the Xyz that would work if you were to use on Harvester's effect on Ice Ranger. To help diversify the Infinitrack extra-deck, I expanded on its engine and combo options by adding this card. My initial idea was a simple grave summon, but the more I thought about the theme and its cards and especially Fortress Megaclops, I realized that the deck needed something to help facilitate that card's summon. As such, I came up with the idea of this card being able to summon an Infinitrack Xyz from the Extra Deck, but without negating its effects. However, providing it with no materials and making in defense position works with having to choose between using it as an attack piece and gaining a material using its own effect, or using the spell card to activate it immediately.

Infinitrack Giga Platform
Rank 11 - EARTH
Machine/Xyz/Effect

3 Level 11 monsters
Once per turn, you can also Xyz Summon “Infinitrack Giga Platform” using 1 Rank 9 or lower “Infinitrack” Xyz Monster you control with 3 or more materials as material. (Transfer its materials to this card.) You can only use one of the following effects of "Infinitrack Giga Platform" per turn, and only once that turn.
● You can detach any number of materials from this card, then target that many cards that are banished; shuffle them into the Deck, and if you do, inflict 300 damage to your opponent for each card, then if you detached an opponent’s card to activate this effect, inflict an additional 300 damage to your opponent for each target.
● (Quick Effect): Target 1 card in either GY; attach it to this card.
ATK: 3300 | DEF: 4200

Based off a mobile launch platform, this card is meant to fulfill a recycling and boss niche that the theme lacks all on its own. With both its effect and summoning mechanic, I wanted to put additional focus onto the baked mechanic that all Infinitrack Xyz's have in their ability to attach monsters they kill as materials. However, with this card, I broke a couple molds with the Xyz monster patterns for this theme in that it has no self-summoning effect from the grave, and can only use one of its primary effects per turn. Still, I feel like both of this card's effects could be potentially quite dangerous in a duel without being overtly oppressive or boring.

Retread Refit
Continuous Trap

When this card is activated: You can add 1 “Infinitrack” monster from your GY to your hand, and if that monster was a Link or Xyz Monster, draw 1 card. Once per turn: You can target 1 Machine Xyz Monster you control, then activate 1 of these effects;
● Attach this card, or 1 "Infinitrack" card from your GY, to that it as material.
● Change its battle position.
You can only activate 1 “Retread Refit” per turn.

An additional support card that I feel would fully tie together the Spell/Trap line-up for the archetype. Retread Refit is meant to, in a flavor sense, be about repairing / restoring damaged, junked or scrapped vehicles. I chose the draw 1 card for the Extra Deck recycle to help balance out that strategic choice of recycling Extra Deck options without missing out on the additional card advantage that pulling a main-deck monster from the Graveyard would provide. The other effects are meant to place the card in line with how Heavy Forward functions, with the additional grave attach being something to help improve this card despite it being a continuous trap. Of course, the choice of being a continuous trap being one to help prevent the deck from being an incredibly fast and hard combo deck. Granted, having it be easily searched would make that quite a problem.

The intention of these designs is to help make the deck into something that can, honestly, compete with higher tier power levels in the current modern game. At least, in terms of a Master Duel sense. I really only say that because I haven't played the full up-to-date formats in a couple years. Another intention is help improve the deck so that more built varieties can be made. At the moment, a pure Infinitrack Deck feels neither viable nor practical to make, and the only proper iterations are always combined with other themes and archetypes. Not that combining is necessarily a bad thing, but I think that having the ability to create a more pure build of the deck and adding more options to how a theme is built and played is never a bad thing.

Edited by VCR_CAT
Added 3 new cards; made Giga Platform a 3-material monster.

Updated! Added 3 additional cards and made Giga Platform a 3-material monster.