Sign in to follow this  
Dova

Silent (One): Token Tribute Summoning (12/12)

Tribute Summoning archetype, revolving around getting into the Link Monsters without using the multitude of Tokens it can bring out. Tribute Summoning and Link Summoning, two of the clearly least broken and underused mechanics these days, but this is an archetype from just after Link Summoning just came out. Rather more updated, but anyway...

Main Deck Monsters: (5/5)

Spoiler

Rihka, Silent One
LIGHT - ✪✪✪✪✪✪ - Zombie/Effect - 2500/0

You can send this card from your hand to the GY; Special Summon 1 “Silent Token” (Fairy/LIGHT/Level 2/ATK 1000/DEF 1000) to your field, but it cannot be used as a material for a Summon. You can only use this effect of this card’s name once per turn. If this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 Zombie monster in your GY; add it to your hand.

Thahi, Silent One
LIGHT - ✪✪✪✪✪✪ - Zombie/Effect - 2000/1500

During the turn this card was this card was Normal Summoned, you can Normal Summon 1 “Silent One” monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) If you Normal Summon another “Silent” monster: Special Summon 1 "Silent Token" (Fairy-Type/LIGHT/Level 2/ATK 1000/DEF 1000) to each field.

Snun, Silent One
LIGHT - ✪✪✪✪✪✪ - Zombie/Effect - 2000/1000

You can Normal Summon this card without Tributing, but its original ATK and DEF are halved. If this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 “Silent” card from your Deck to your hand. During the Main Phase (Quick Effect): You can Tribute 1 Token you control; add this card to your hand. You can only use this effect of ‘Snun, Silent One” once per turn.

Comti, Silent One
LIGHT - ✪✪✪✪✪✪ - Zombie/Effect - 2000/2000

Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 face-up card your opponent controls, and 1 other face-up card you control; return those targets to the hand. If this card is sent to the GY: Special Summon 1 “Silent Token” (Fairy/LIGHT/Level 2/ATK 1000/DEF 1000) to each field.

Spells/Traps: (4/4)

Spoiler

Silent Judgement
Normal Spell

If your opponent controls more monsters than you do, and you control a “Silent One” monster(s): You can target cards your opponent controls equal to the deficit; send them to the GY, also your opponent takes no damage until their next End Phase. You can only activate 1 “Silent Judgement” per turn. If you would Tribute Summon a “Silent One” monster and this card was not sent to the GY this turn, you can shuffle this card from your GY into your Deck as 1 Tribute for that Summon.

Silent Demarcation
Continuous Spell

Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 “Silent Token” (Zombie/LIGHT/Level 2/ATK 1000/DEF 1000) to either side of the field, but it cannot be used as a material for a Summon. Once per turn, during the End Phase, if you control more monsters than your opponent: Target 1 “Silent” monster you control and 1 card your opponent controls; send those cards to the GY. You can only control 1 face-up “Silent Regime”.

Silent Rift
Quick-Play Spell

Immediately after this effect resolves, Normal Summon 1 “Silent One” monster from your hand, and if you do, add 1 Level 5 or higher Zombie monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate 1 “Silent Rift” per turn. If this card was not sent to the GY this turn: You can shuffle this card and 1 Fairy monster from your GY into your Deck; Special Summon 1 “Silent Token” (Zombie/LIGHT/Level 2/ATK 1000/DEF 1000) to each player’s field.

Silent Curfew
Continuous Trap

Once per turn, if a player Special Summons a monster(s) while their opponent controls no Tokens: Special Summon 1 “Silent Token” (Fairy/LIGHT/Level 2/ATK 1000/DEF 1000) to their opponent’s field. Once per turn, during the End Phase, if the turn player controls more cards than their opponent: Draw 1 card.

Extra Deck Monsters: (4/4)

Spoiler

Envoy of the Silent
LIGHT - Link 1 - Fairy/Link/Effect - 0

1 Level 5 or higher Tribute Summoned monster
During your Main Phase: You can Special Summon as many “Silent Tokens” (Type/LIGHT/Level 2/ATK 1000/DEF 1000) as possible (max. 1 on each side), but they cannot be used as a material for a Summon. You can only use this effect of “Envoy of the Silent” once per turn.

Traniu, Silent One
LIGHT - Link 2 - Fairy/Link/Effect - 1500
↓ - →

2 monsters with different Types but the same Attribute
You can target 1 other monster on the field; send it to the GY, and if you do, immediately after this effect resolves, that monster’s controller can Normal Summon 1 monster from their hand. You can only use this effect of “Traniu, Silent One” per turn. If a Link monster(s) would be destroyed by an opponent’s card, you can shuffle 1 “Silent” Spell/Trap from your GY into your Deck instead.

Kratun, Silent One
LIGHT - Link 3 - Fairy/Link/Effect - 2500
← - ↑ - →

2+ LIGHT monsters
You can shuffle 1 Zombie monster from your GY into your Deck; add 1 “Silent” card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of this “Kratun, Silent One” one per turn. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon 1 “Silent Token” (Zombie/LIGHT/Level 2/ATK 1000/DEF 1000) to your opponent’s field, and if you do, destroy 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls.

Nangfa, Silent One
LIGHT - Link 4 - Fairy/Link/Effect - 3000
← - ↑ - ↓ - →

2+ “Silent” monsters
If this card was Link Summoned by using 3 or more monsters, it cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent’s card effects. This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can tribute 1 Token on the field; draw 1 card. If you control less monsters than your opponent: You can target 1 card your opponent controls; shuffle it into their Deck.

I can see Snun is the monster that carries the deck with its searching & recycling.
Comti is too generic and gives me Majespecter Kirin flashbacks. You may have to change that.

Their Spell/Traps really give them a control, stun-ish vibe, especially Judgment. Rift may allow them to tech big Zombies like Balerdroch. At this rate they may not need an ED at all and focus on stunning with the Monarch floodgates. I don't see which Fairy are you supposed to run or tech to use the 2nd effect of Rift.

Envoy of Silent does not look okay. Clogging the field with Tokens that cannot be used as Summon fodder it's too much of an advantage if the opponent doesn't happen to have anything to get rid of them, while yo most likely will be running cards that spend them.

Seems Rift is intended to recycle the archetype Links, but I'm not sure if text-wise it's possible since the Links would be returned to the Extra Deck instead of Deck, and thus technically the effect cannot apply on them. But I would have to check on rulings related to spinning cards into the Deck/Extra Deck.

Overall these look good. IDK if they would be better than the more typical Zombie strategies, but these seem to merge well with stun and and anti-meta tools that True Dracos have shown to use well, and that ought to give them a shot as a potential anti-meta deck, even against the current top tiers.
Giving the monsters more Monarch-like stats can allow them to mesh better with Monarch support.

Edited by Darj

9 hours ago, Darj said:

I can see Snun is the monster that carries the deck with its searching & recycling.
Comti is too generic and gives me Majespecter Kirin flashbacks. You may have to change that.

Their Spell/Traps really give them a control, stun-ish vibe, especially Judgment. Rift may allow them to tech big Zombies like Balerdroch. At this rate they may not need an ED at all and focus on stunning with the Monarch floodgates. I don't see which Fairy are you supposed to run or tech to use the 2nd effect of Rift.

Envoy of Silent does not look okay. Clogging the field with Tokens that cannot be used as Summon fodder it's too much of an advantage if the opponent doesn't happen to have anything to get rid of them, while yo most likely will be running cards that spend them.

Seems Rift is intended to recycle the archetype Links, but I'm not sure if text-wise it's possible since the Links would be returned to the Extra Deck instead of Deck, and thus technically the effect cannot apply on them. But I would have to check on rulings related to spinning cards into the Deck/Extra Deck.

Overall these look good. IDK if they would be better than the more typical Zombie strategies, but these seem to merge well with stun and and anti-meta tools that True Dracos have shown to use well, and that ought to give them a shot as a potential anti-meta deck, even against the current top tiers.
Giving the monsters more Monarch-like stats can allow them to mesh better with Monarch support.

Rift does work with the Extra Deck monsters, as it does not specify "Main Deck". Weird, I know, but returning to the Extra Deck does count as returning to the Deck.

Envoy can only Summon 1 monster to each side. It says "as many Silent Tokens as possible", but follows it with "max. 1 on each side". It's a remnant from an old effect that was on most of the cards, that was an attempt to create an effect that could SS a token to each side, but it could still work if either your field or opponent's field was full or you couldn't otherwise Summon a monster there.

Zombie/Fairy typing was from initial lore/flavour, that featured these as old, faceless guardians from bygone times bringing order to a chaotic world. Kind of like the Qliphorts, but actually live. Another flavour thing is having their stats in multiples of 500, but to grab that Monarch support, I could very easily adjust it to something like multiples of 200.

Thanks for the review!

Oh right, I didn't process the (max. 1) restriction there. Then it should be fine.
Comti still shouldn't be too generic, though, at least IMO.

I like the Zombies are LIGHT, yeah.