TKk

Naturia Geogecko

AIqV9ay.png

2 Insect and/or Plant monsters, including at least 1 "Naturia" monster
Cannot be destroyed by battle with a non-EARTH monster. During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon 1 Insect or Plant monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) If the original ATK of a "Naturia" monster you control is lower than this card's ATK, your opponent cannot target it for attacks or with card effects.

Hi all. This is my first post on the new forum!! ?

I love coming up with (mostly) competitive legacy support for decks I enjoyed playing many years ago. Although most of these archetypes are less than ideal, they still often have fun mechanics that Konami sadly forgot about (or they wait a good 5-10 years). That's the core concept behind this card. It may appear OP at first, but really its just a reliable way to give Naturias SOME chance of doing what they do without making it a generic spam deck that throws away flavor and fun for thoughtless power.

Hopefully everyone here will enjoy this idea as much as I enjoyed designing it (and attempting artwork ?).

I find sucky that it won't let you use Rock Naturias and Cliff is or was a good Naturia to run due to its floatiness. You could change the requirement to "2 monsters including at least 1 Naturia".
The support this card offers to Naturias is... strange. I find the markers awkward, in particular the upper-right one, and only enabling 1 MM Zone for ED summoning seems undesirable, although AFAIK pure-Naturias don't exactly spam ED monsters anyway. Then, the effect, an extra NS is welcomed and seems Bamboshoot builds would capitalize on it the most, but it doesn't really encourage them to go for their Synchros. I mean, you can do it, but it would be as a standard 2-for-1 Synchro Summon, and thus would require resources that AFAIK Naturias have a hard time coming by, specially if they already invested 2 monsters on this. In other words, they would appreciate if this card generated pluses instead (e.g. reviving a monser) to offset the investments on summoning it and any follow-up Summons. On the other hand, it lets you extra NS any Plant or Insect, so the card may actually have more success if either you tech clever Plants/Insects (e.g. Lonefire Blossom, Aromage Jasmine) in Naturia decks, or tech Naturias into Plant/Insect decks to access this card.

Edited by A Crap Guide to CC