ycwc YGO Card Waifu Clash Match 1-28

Maiden of the Aqua vs. Familiar-Possessed - Wynn  

14 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Maiden of the Aqua vs. Familiar-Possessed - Wynn

• Maiden of the Aqua
    • Familiar-Possessed - Wynn
    • Abstain / Remove Vote

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/28/2019 at 04:00 AM

Damn, years ago I would have voted for Maiden of the Aqua, but now that I'm older I have shifted my interest from big plots to smaller ones, and appreciating instead on other features, such as cuteness/prettiness. Thus, Wynn gets my vote in this Match. However, I wanted to treat the Charmers equally and either always vote for them, or vote for none, but seems this Match breaks my stance.

18 hours ago, Darj said:

Damn, years ago I would have voted for Maiden of the Aqua, but now that I'm older I have shifted my interest from big plots to smaller ones, and appreciating instead on other features, such as cuteness/prettiness. Thus, Wynn gets my vote in this Match. However, I wanted to treat the Charmers equally and either always vote for them, or vote for none, but seems this Match breaks my stance.

That's interesting tbh. I always thought Maiden was kind of a generic art, I never was super enthusiastic about it. That's one of the things I am not super crazy about with *some* older monster designs. Back in DM days, we wouldn't have had a black dragon with a flail for a tail and axes for wings, I think the difference between these two sort of illustrates the next step forward. We got more of that down the line, such as with 5D's era expanding into more full stories told within the cards. It's one of the many evolutions this game has gone besides just effects and mechanics. That's why Wynn gets my vote, IMO it is one of the highlights of the GX era and probably my favorite alongside Hiita of the familiar possessed, that odd pose works better for it than say Lyna or Dharc.