Larry The Cucumber

Poll: Do Vegetables (And Fruits) Have Souls?

Do Vegetables (and Fruits) Have Souls?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Do Vegetables (and Fruits) Have Souls?

• Yes, Fruits and Vegetables Have Souls
    • No, Fruits and Vegetables Do Not Have Souls
    • Fruits And Vegetables Have Souls, But Only If They Move Around And Talk

Hey everyone!

So, what we're about to discuss is something I think about a lot, and it's something that's actually a pretty big debate behind the scenes here at Veggietales. You see, some people on staff think that Bob, myself, and my other cast members don't have souls because we're not human, and therefore cannot have any relationship with God unless we're playing a character who does (see: Daniel in our first episode, played by me!)

We had to make a few changes to the show because of this, actually. That line in my signature, that line that we say at the end of almost every show? For those that have signatures hidden, it's "Remember, God made you special, and He loves you very much." It's a concession we had to make to those exact people.

But to other memebers of the staff, well, they quote Saint Thomas Aquinas a lot, and I'm sure I'm getting this a little bit wrong, but they argue that because we move around and talk, we must also therefore have a soul.

So what do you all think?

I'd argue that because they lack the same level of consciousness as animals, plants don't really have souls (which explains vegans) because they can't do anything with it so why give it to them? Of course, you and the rest of the cast clearly do exhibit that quality, what with the moving around, talking, singing silly songs, etc. If any plants have souls, it's the cast of VeggieTales.