Sign in to follow this  
Unlisted Member

Based on how the effect is worded, I'm gonna guess the Synchro Material list is a typo, because it kind of sounds like you can only use 1 tuner and 1 non-tuner.

I like how it is the absolute lowest possible Level that still allows you to max out on number of Materials... Instant Fusion into Thousand Eyes at Extra Monster Zone + 5 Level 1 monsters in Main Monster Zones, including the Tuner... something like a Glow-Up Bulb. 

Doesn't need to attack monsters so it's like that Frightfur Wolf Fusion. This Synchro being capable of hitting for 15,000 damage if maxed out with no boosts.
It is a nice alternative to White Aura Dolphin, which is also a Level 6 Synchro that halves a monster's ATK, but this one doesn't multi-attack and needs to target and go Spell Speed 1 on the effect OPT..... and can revive itself in WATER decks but from experience, the float effect from the Dolphin doesn't actually see much use in practice.

37 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

Based on how the effect is worded, I'm gonna guess the Synchro Material list is a typo, because it kind of sounds like you can only use 1 tuner and 1 non-tuner.

Whoops... Yes that is indeed a typo. I was looking at more modern Synchro for examples on how they word things these days... And I overlooked the additional + sign after the number of non-Tuners. XD

37 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

It is a nice alternative to White Aura Dolphin, which is also a Level 6 Synchro that halves a monster's ATK, but this one doesn't multi-attack and needs to target and go Spell Speed 1 on the effect OPT..... and can revive itself in WATER decks but from experience, the float effect from the Dolphin doesn't actually see much use in practice.

Hmmmmmm.... Should I make this Synchro more exclusive do you think? XD Maybe make the non-Tuner requirement Beast? Although Dolphin isn't the most practical Level 6 Synchro... I have a mild suspicion that maybe this is too much for a generic Level 6 Synch, considering a lot of them are tool-boxish (have specific niches that tend to not be too devastating) in nature.

Edited by BGMキャノン

1 hour ago, BGMキャノン said:

Whoops... Yes that is indeed a typo. I was looking at more modern Synchro for examples on how they word things these days... And I overlooked the additional + sign after the number of non-Tuners. XD

Hmmmmmm.... Should I make this Synchro more exclusive do you think? XD Maybe make the non-Tuner requirement Beast? Although Dolphin isn't the most practical Level 6 Synchro... I have a mild suspicion that maybe this is too much for a generic Level 6 Synch, considering a lot of them are tool-boxish (have specific niches that tend to not be too devastating) in nature.

Hmm hard to tell.... A "half all ATKs is pretty decent already.
Then you need 3+ materials before you start using the other effect.... Oh, I miscalculated my previous post a little bit because I counted the Tuner for the number of attacks...
I'm sure a Level 6 requiring 3+ monsters is already kind of niche, and it'd take something like Obedience Schooled decks to pull off.
4 materials is outrageous... maybe something like Ghostrick or a Kuriboh deck can pull it off.

The Frightful Wolf is far from the best Fusion for that theme, and White Aura Dolphin is far from the go-to Level 6 Synchro. There's stuff like Coral Dragon, Stardust Warrior, or Methaphys Horus. I think the balance is fine after this post that is essentially me thinking out loud xD

Oh, it's true, there isn't ant generic Beast Synchro6, not even for the plethora of EARTH Level 1~2 Beasts. You could be silly and run Nimble Beaver or Sea Otter to drop Dewloren under Obdedience Schooled, but that's barely a power play without anything to bounce and loop.
Card looks mostly fine. The more non-Tuners you use for it, the more OTK power it has. It can pack a punch but other cards nowadays do too, namely the Tenyi Synchro8 and the more common Borrelsword. As Sleepy pointed out, the Level allows for its Summon by using a field full of Level 1s and maximize the number of attacks it can make, which I find amusing. The only thing that bugs me is that is has an above-average ATK for a generic Synchro6 with an stat-lowering effect. I would be more comfortable with it if it had less ATK, similar to how Frightfur Wolf has an original ATK of 2000, or require at least 2 non-Tuners to compensate for it.