Sethera

[Suggestion] Move "Insert other media" button

Question

The fact it's right above the "submit topic / reply" button is really unintuitive. It's really easy for people like me who are in a hurry or not paying attention to accidentally post when they're trying to insert an image instead. In fact, I've already had three accidental posts on this forum, one of which was a thread. It could be I just haven't gotten used to it, but if it's possible I'd like to suggest moving it elsewhere, like to the left, or to just make an icon for it at the top of the post editor like YCM had.

Edited by Sethera

3 answers to this question

You can apparently just paste the direct link to an image and it'll appear in the editor. I just found out because I didn't want to wait for the thing that comes up to come up many times for something I'm doing. I was going to use a code, but it seemed to be pointless because as I said, the image just appears when you paste the link.

Um, I hope that helps.

Thanks for the tip, Mirei. Yeah, I have pasted the direct link before, but when I did, the image came up skewed on mobile view. So I switched back to using the button and the image came up fine again. So I figure there must be something about pasting it directly that makes the image a little different than using the button. It's a small difference, but it's there.

I appreciate you guys looking into it though.