Lanze des Sieges

Nobunaga's Ambition DLC

This is a project that started somewhere last year when I had the idea to make a fanfic of Yugioh based on the spirit world and quickly devolved into scrapping together a GX era deck, which further devolved into building a deck around the tale (and life, I suppose) of Oda Nobunaga, and finally, after realizing just how annoying and obnoxious using a real deck of cards and an excel spreadsheet to simulate draws was, I said "Then why not just hack the cards into the game?".

It was doable and this was the result.

Initial release:

Main Deck Monsters:

Spoiler

CvPRplp.png

Effect: Cheerful troublemaker, she dreams of one day uniting her nation.

Comment: My Pride and my Soul, that one normal monster that I sometimes get to use.

3QTfQEE.png

Effect: This card is treated as "Fool of Owari" while it is in the Field or GY. If this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon a Level 3 or lower Normal Monster from your hand or GY. If this card is sent to the GY by card effect: Target 1 Spell/Trap card in your GY that lists 'Fool of Owari" in its text and set it on your field. You can only use each effect of "Demon of Oda" once per turn.

Comment: Solid combo starter and key piece, run 4 copies, nobody's going to notice.

9qRSADF.png

Effect: This card is treated as a Normal Monster while it is in the Hand or GY. When this card is Special Summoned add 1 "Polymerization" or "Burning Fusion" from your Deck to your hand.

Comment: Very useful searcher and a +2 for a few turns. I lost the artwork for this one and just noticed the mistake on the print, should be "Hand or GY" to prevent it from being a dead card in the opening hand, not that it makes much difference since you should try to mill this thing from the deck.

vMYm6st.png

Effect: If you control a "Fool of Owari" you can Special Summon this card from your hand or GY, then if you Summoned it from the GY by this effect: Banish it when it leaves the field. If this card is sent from the field to the GY by card effect: Target 1 "Fool of Owari" you control, it gains 1000 ATK until the End Phase. You can only use each effect of "Demon Musashi" once per turn.

Comment: Mai Boi Mori Nagayoshi being both a beatstick and good support to make any Nobu a beatstick for the turn. Protip: You have access to the Rank 4 pool, have fun.

Extra Deck Monsters:

Spoiler

cItbqhf.png

Effect: "Fool of Owari" + "Soul of Fire"
Treat this card name as "Fool of Owari" while in the field or GY. If this card is Fusion Summoned: You can add 1 Spell/Trap card from your Deck to your hand that lists the card "Fool of Owari" in its text. If this card was sent from the field to the GY you can add a FIRE monster from your GY to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Demon King Oda Nobunaga" once per turn.

Comment: Arguably the best Fool despite activating the search on a Fusion Summon, best used as a combo extender. Originally used "Hinotama soul" as material.

vRqpgUi.png

Effect: "Fool of Owari" + "Crimson King of the Abyss"
Treat this card name as "Fool of Owari" while in the field or GY. If this card is Fusion Summoned you can destroy as many Spell/Trap cards on the field as possible, this card gains ATK equal to the number of cards destroyed x 500. If this card is sent from the field to the GY you can Special Summon 1 "Fool of Owari" from your GY with a Level other than 6. You can only use each effect of "Demon king of the Sixth Heaven" once per turn.

Comment: This card has a lot of potential, capping at 8200 ATK on a full board wipe, but realistically its main use is popping backrow once and then milking its GY effect. Originally had "Dark King of the Abyss" as material and didn't really see a lot of play because of that.

ypBF8Cu.png

Effect: "Fool of Owari" + 1 Warrior monster
Treat this card name as "Fool of Owari" while in the field or GY. When this card is Special Summoned you can destroy one card in the field. If this card was sent from the field to the GY you can add a "Fool of Owari" or a card that lists it in its text from your GY to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Ambitious Nobunaga" once per turn.

Comment: Incredibly easy to summon, also the best target for "Demon King Ambition" effect allowing you to pop one card every turn.

hsMw6DX.png

Effect: "Fool of Owari" + 1 "Fool of Owari" Fusion monster
Must be Fusion Summoned. Treat this card name as "Fool of Owari" while in the field or GY. Negate the effect of any monster that battle this card until the end of the Damage Step. When this card is Special Summoned you can banish all the monsters your opponent controls that were Special Summoned from the Extra Deck. If this card was sent from the field to the GY you can add a card that lists "Fool of Owari" in its text from your GY to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Demon King of Ten Thousand Worlds" once per turn.

Comment: Scary looking card used more for its spook factor than its busted effect since it requires a lot of effort while having virtually no protection. Originally only had the battle negate when fused from the Extra Deck but since "Utopia - The Lighting" did the same for much less effort I removed that clause. Also I wanted to cry after seeing how useless the mass removal ended up being against meta decks.

s1RhYdD.png

Effect: "Fool of Owari" + "Pacified Soul"

Treat this card name as "Fool of Owari" while in the field or GY. Once per turn, when this card would be destroyed, it is not destroyed. Once per turn you can Tribute 1 other monster, increase this card ATK by 500.

Comment: I regret nothing, also, I lost the artwork for this one too. In all seriousness this one ended up being a decent budget boss monster when summoned by Instant Fusion since is not destroyed on the End Phase, not particularly useful on a meta level nowadays.

Spell Cards:

Spoiler

gJVQoPg.png

Effect: Fusion Summon 1 Fusion monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand or field as Fusion Material. If you Fusion Summoned "Fool of Owari" by this effect: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to its level x 100.

Comment: The main method of fusing of the archetype since it can be searched by other cards. I haven't really tried to break this card but it can probably be abused for burn decks, specially with the new support cards I'll be making, hopefully I don't have to go back and slap a hard once per turn on it, as that would be a hard blow for the archetype.

dyr6UVR.png

Effect: Reveal the top 5 cards of your Deck, add to your hand 1 "Polymerization" or a card that lists "Fool of Owari" in its text, and if you do, send the remaining cards to the GY. Otherwise, shuffle them into the Deck. You can only activate "Demon King Strategy" once per turn.

Comment: Funny note, this is actually the fifth version of this card. It always had more or less the same effect, the problem was that the previous versions were either too strong, too weak, or outright benefited other decks more than this one.

Trap Cards:

Spoiler

20Nw3uW.png

Effect: During the Main Phase: Tribute 1 monster you control to Special summon a "Fool of Owari" Fusion Monster from the GY. When this card is sent from the field to the GY: You can Special Summon from your Deck 1 monster that lists "Fool of Owari" in its text, destroy it during the End Phase. You can only use each effect of "Demon King's Ambition" once per turn.

Now let's give a single slow clap to the unsung heroes that helped to flesh out the archetype:

Spoiler

96851799.jpg4920010.jpg53375573.jpg

A particularly slow one for Hinotama Soul since it got retrained almost immediately

Rest well sweet child you will not be missed~

And neither will the other two~

At this point I switched jobs and my free time became non existent, I did however manage to sporadically squeeze a few games here and there with some friends to test the cards I had and polish them a bit. In the end I had made a decent deck that could go toe to toe against some of the meta decks my friends played (Orcust, Altergeist, Time Thief, that one Draco-Alistair abomination), specially after realizing the potential that the deck had for Xyz and Links plays, thankfully I managed to nab a new, more forgiving job and now have more time to sink in this useless but incredibly rewarding pastime of mine.

If you play on Project Ignis (or a similar EDOPro) you can actually use this cards yourself, here is a link to the expansion:

Spoiler

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xuFREkKBpVIGZHx8JkxcerWXWbUr1jJ7/view?usp=sharing

Do note that this is the old version so only the card in the "Initial Release" are in it (as I haven't coded the rest yet).

How to "Install":

Extract the .rar in the Project Ignis folder you're using (the one that has EDOPro.exe) and that's all, the cards should now appear in the deck editor.

You could also extract the .rar somewhere else and manually copy the files to the respective folder (pics to pics, expansions to expansions and script to script)

So far I have only tested the cards on Project Ignis but rational deduction tells me that they should work on any similar EDOPro based Yugioh (Don't quote me on that though)

Multiplayer

You can use the cards for online play, Lan play and vs AI opponent, however, if one of the players does not have the expansion they naturally won't be able to see the cards (They look like blank cards with no effect)

Personal note: Use it, don't use it, share it or don't, do as you like. It costed me nothing and I expect nothing for it.

The second wave of support: (work in progress)

Main Deck Monsters:

Spoiler

9jxHbOt.png

Effect: This card is always treated as "Fool of Owari". This card is treated as a Normal Monster while in the graveyard. When this card is Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 monster from your hand that lists "Fool of Owari" in its text. You can only use this effect of "Demon King Successor" once per turn.

Comment: Here comes Nobukatsu to make mommy proud. This card literally replaces the Non-Effect "Fool of Owari" since it counts for the 3 card limit on the Deck, wich has pros and cons. Probably.

pjYnagU.png

Effect: This card is treated as a normal monster while in the hand or GY. You can target 1 Level 4 or lower Normal Monster in your GY, discard this card and special summon that monster.

Comment: Bit of a jump from the OG card artwork but it is what I found.

6tFMRFA.png

Effect: This card is treated as a Normal Monster while in the hand or GY. You can discard this card to target 1 fusion monster in your Extra Deck that lists "Fool of Owari" in its text, special summon from your deck 1 monster that is listed as a fusion material for that card. You can only use the effect of "Crimson King of the Abyss" once per turn.

Comment: The searcher I wanted but everyone will hate.

PfO06jk.png

Effect: When this card is Summoned you can add 1 monster that lists "Fool of Owari" in its text from your deck to your hand. During the Main Phase you can Fusion Summon a monster that lists "Fool of Owari" as one of its materials by using monsters on your side of the field. You can only use each of "Demon Tactician" effects once per turn.

Comment: This one is actually Giyuu from Demon Slayer, I had no Idea until I went back to check the artist name, fits the general aesthetic pretty well though.

p7vNp4M.png

Effect: If you control a "Fool of Owari" or if only your opponent controls a monster you can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is sent from the field to the GY: You can destroy 1 face-up monster your opponent controls. You can activate each effect of "Demon Killer" once per turn.

Comment: This one marks the start of the more... generic ones, the idea is to make a sub-archetype for other nasuverse characters that aren't really connected but work well together. The name however may change at some point.

r05mKhK.png

Effect: When this card is Normal Summoned you can add 1 "Fool of Owari" or 1 level 9 Dragon monster from your deck or GY to your hand. If this card is sent from the field to the GY: You can Special Summon 1 "Fool of Owari" or 1 level 9 monster from your GY but you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck for the rest of the turn. You can only use each effect of "Demon's Diplomat" once per turn.

Comment: Candidate #1 for being sent to the limited list, will likely get an errata and a different name at some point.

M1IzD2v.png

Effect: When a monster you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect you can discard this card instead. You can target 1 "Demon's Diplomat" you control, Special Summon this card from your hand in face-up Defense Position and if you do change the level of that monster to 9. You can only use each effect of "Oryou-San" once per turn.

Comment: Funnily enough Oryou-san dragon form fits much more with yugioh Wyrms than Dragons but if I made her a Wyrm I may as well go back and name Ryouma as "Sakamoto Ryouma, the True Dracosummoner"... Is not that bad an idea actually.

Extra Deck Monsters:

Spoiler

bSIztNP.png

Effect: 2 Level 3 Warrior monsters.
You can also summon this card by using an "Fool of Owari" Fusion Monster you control. Treat this card name as "Fool of Owari" while in the field or GY. This card gains 600 ATK for each "Fool of Owari" in your GY. During either player main phase you can detach 1 material from this card, target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; this turn its effect is negated. You can only use this effect of "Enraged Nobukatsu" once per turn.

Comment: The long overdue targeted negate.

q5d9quV.png

Effect: 2 level 9 DARK monsters.
Your opponent cannot target monsters you control for battle or card effects except this card. If this card would be destroyed by battle or card effect you can send all its materials to the GY instead. When a monster your opponent controls declares an attack while this card is in your GY: you can banish this card to negate that attack and end the Battle Phase. You can only use this effect of "Soaring Oryou" once per Duel.

Comment: This card was incredibly frustrating to make as I could not find a genuine reason to run this instead of "True King of all Calamities", in the end I went for the gimmick of protection which is both useful for decks like Nobu and is far cheaper than an I:P-Avramax.

Magic Cards:

Spoiler

5Dz8DUM.png

Effect: Tribute 1 "Fool of Owari" Fusion Monster you control to destroy as many Spell/Trap cards on the field as possible, and if you do, take damage equal to the number of cards destroyed x 500, then inflict damage to your opponent equal to the damage you took.

Comment: The effect of "Demon King of the Sixth Heaven" on demand, though its main use would be to pop the new continuous card.

nPEPiCC.png

Effect: When this card is activated: You can target 1 "Fool of Owari" in your GY; Special Summon it. When a "Fool of Owari" is Fusion Summoned: You can target 1 Spell/Trap in your GY that lists "Fool of Owari" in its text; shuffle it into the Deck and if you do draw 1 card. When this card is sent from the field to the GY: Target 1 "Fool of Owari" in your GY; Special Summon it. You can only activate each effect of "Demon King Forever" once per turn.

Comment: I admit that I maaaaay have overcompensated here, is a hard once per turn on each effect but that's still a tentative +3 if you trigger them all.

Trap Cards:

Spoiler

BLapsgj.png

Effect: Return any number of "Fool of Owari" you control to the hand or Extra Deck to target up to that many monsters in your GY that list "Fool of Owari" in their text, add them to your hand. You can only activate "Strategic Retreat" once per turn.

Comment: Now you can get your "Demon King Oda Nobunaga" back to the Extra Deck while also getting its materials for the next turn. Also the most hilarious artwork I found that still meshed with the Deck (The Lore!)

QVmBA81.png

Effect: Target 1 Warrior monster you control, Special Summon 1 Fusion, Synchro or Xyz monster from your Extra Deck by using that monster as one of its materials, also for the rest of this turn you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck, except monsters with the same monster card type (Fusion, Synchro, Xyz) as the one summoned by this card effect.

Comment: A better Instant Fusion but worse Super Poly, do note that the Special Summon does not count as either Fusion, Synchro or Xyz summoning. Following the trend of the rest of the Ryouma related cards this one fought tooth and nail, it originally was a quick spell and required a discard but I'll see how this works out in the gameplay and tweak it there.

And that's all for now folks, on the third wave I plan on adding some more Koha Ace servants, including Okita as her own sub-archetype similarly to what I did with Ryouma and Izou, more Warrior support, some Spellcasters and maybe some from other franchises.

I'll be releasing the new cards after I finish scripting them, not out of obligation, but because I can, and I figured why not share.

Edited by Lanze des Sieges
Finished post