gwt Grand Wii Tournament Third Place Match

Long names, long journeys   

11 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Zelda vs Xenoblade

• The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    • Xenoblade Chronicles

God, this match is a tough one for me.

I love Twilight Princess, and it was one of the games that made me really want a Wii, since I didn't have a GameCube. I know that it was a controversial game at the time of its release, but I've always loved it.

I've been playing more of Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition in anticipation of XC3 at the end of the month, so that game is much more fresh in my mind right now. That game is big, but even just looking at the Wii version, it pushed the limits of that console. While its art style was outdated even by the standards of its time, including contemporaries on the Wii, it wasn't too hard to look past that. The story is insanely good, the gameplay felt unique, though I realize that it's certainly not a game you'd recommend as someone's first JRPG. Operation Rainfall was an unusual but impressive campaign, and this was far and away the best of the three games the campaign was dedicated to. The sheer scale of the sidequests and affinity chart made me want to explore everything.

Xenoblade is absolutely incredible, and I'm glad it's becoming such a bigger series now.