YuGiOhFan

Your Thoughts?

Since I don't know how to post pictures, I'm doing it in words...

Your thoughts?

--

LORD OF THE SEAS

Level 5 / Beast / Water / Effect

1500 attack / 1000 defence

Send this card to the Graveyard to summon one monster of WATER with an attack of 1500 or under to the field in face down defence position.

--

THE MERMAID WHO MAKES STORMS

Level 5 / Beast / Water / Effect

2100 attack / 0000 defence

For every turn this card is on the field, sacrifice 100 life points to increase its attack by the same amount.

--

THE SUPREMELY EVIL SEA QUEEN

Level 8 / Fusion / Beast / Water / Effect

LORD OF THE SEAS + THE MERMAID WHO MAKES STORMS

3000 attack 2500 defence

If this card is bought to the field in any way other than fusion summoning, sacrifice 1000 life points to increase its attack and defence by 500 each.

Edited by YuGiOhFan

Hey there,

First off, I see quite a few problems with the language used for each of the individual card effects. They feel more like anime or manga descriptions rather than usable modern cards. If I correctly understand what you were trying to to with these cards, their effects should be something like this:

Lord of the Seas

You can send this card you control to the GY, then select 1 WATER Monster with 1500 or less DEF from your Deck; Set it to your field.

Mermaid

Once per turn, you can pay 100 LP; this card gains 100 ATK.

Evil Sea Queen

If this card is Special Summoned from your Extra Deck or GY, except by a Fusion Summon; you can pay 1000 LP, and if you do, increase this card's ATK and DEF by 500.

ALright, now for the critique. I personally think Lord of the Seas can be OP, since it does not have any drawbacks and allows you to basically place a monster from your Deck to the field for free. Furthermore, there are no restrictions on the number of times per turn in which you can use its effect. That makes it dangerous and unbalanced. The other two cards on the other hand, are incredibly weak by today's standards and are not part of a well defined archetype or any card series I can think of. This greatly limits their potential use in a modern duel and unless there is a really cool story behind them or some kickass artwork, I can't really see why those cards need to exist right now. I don't mean to sound harsh but thats my honest opinion.

In any case, keep at it and have a good day.