Sign in to follow this  
Thomas★Zero

Pot of Diversity

Pot of Diversity
Spell Card
During your Main Phase 1: Target 3 monsters with the same type but different Attributes; shuffle all 3 into the deck, then draw 1 card. If you return 2 or more cards into the Extra Deck this way, draw 2 cards instead. You can only activate "Pot of Diversity" once per turn.

So Pot of Diversity is a new pot card where it focus's on same type archetype that use multiple attributes like Yang Zing, Altergeists, E-HERO, B.E.S and Duston. Firstly this can recycle monsters in those decks to draw 1 but with decks like Yang Zing, Altergeists and E-HERO if you manage to return 2 or more cards to the Extra Deck with this enables you to draw 2 cards instead making it a good power draw card.

Edited by Thomas★Zero

A card with the words "Pot" and "Diversity" in the title.. I could make a political joke, but I'll refrain. 

That aside, did you mean something like "Target 3 monsters with the same type but different Attributes in your GY" ? Because if its hitting monsters on the field, this card could either be a pretty big minus (if you only target your own monsters) or pretty busted (if you can target your opponent's). I mean imagine wiping your opponent's monsters off the board then getting a draw on top of that.. especially since shuffling an opponent's stuff into the deck is almost as good as banishing facedown, really. 

Though assuming you meant for it to target stuff in the GY, then I think the card is pretty reasonable. Not every deck can play it, but in those that can it'd probably be really good. There's always the risk that you can draw it too early and it just being a dead card in the hand, but that's just the nature of the game. If anything, I think that risk helps to balance it even more. 

Edited by weeb

I hope it targets monsters in the GY,otherwise you could target monsters your opponent controls too for the spins + draw.
Funnily enough, I would expect a card with "Diversity" in its name to be associated with different Types, rather than Attributes. How about "Pot of Elementarity" instead? xD
Anyway, this card is fine but there are better drawing "Pot" Spells for decks already, like Desires and Extravagance depending on the deck. Also OCG has "Pot of Avarice" available already, which arguably is a more flexible version of this. I blame TCG for not unbanning it when OCG has it unbanned for a while and has proven to not be of high impact.