ChaosKnux

Alien Homeworld

80knrKb.jpg

Alien Homeworld
Field Spell

1. If a monster with an A-Counter(s) battles an "Alien" monster, it loses 300 ATK/DEF for each A-Counter during damage calculation only.
  2. Once per turn: you can remove 2 A-Counters from anywhere on the field; Special Summon 1 "Alien" monster, 1 Reptile "Cosmic" monster, or 1 "Flying Saucer Muusik'i" from your Deck or GY.
  3. When an "Alien" monster is Summoned, place 1 A-Counter on this card.
  4. While you control at least 1 "Alien" monster, 1 Reptile "Cosmic" monster, or 1 "Flying Saucer Muusik'i", this card cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects.

Honestly after the disappointment that was /Mighty Frame, I felt the Aliens could use a support that actually did something for them they couldn't already. So... I made a better version of their Field Spell: Otherworld - The "A" Zone. Instead of just the basic A-Counter reduction that isn't even on every counter generator (which means it's not a property of the counters themselves for some reason.) It:

1. Inflicts an enhanced version of the standard A-Counter debuff, stacking for each A-Counter that the victim holds for the first time since the mechanic began.
  2. Adds consistency by removing 2 A-Counters to search the entire monster lineup. Soft OPT rather than hard on this effect to enable power-plays with multiple copies, since I feel Aliens might have been powercrept far enough to get away with that. 
  3. Generates counters on any Summon of an "Alien" monster.
  4. Protects itself while any monster in the lineup is on-board with it.
  5. Includes Flying Saucer Muusik'i which further enhances the Deck's consistency while on-board.
  6. Includes Gangi'el and Gol'gar, without other monsters who happen to have "Cosmic" in their names.
Edited by ChaosKnux
Forget to separate the effects for ease-of-reading

Sounds like a more searchable "Code A Ancient Ruins" that can search from the Deck and replenishes half the counter cost with it's own Summon.
The Saucer is no biggie although it's fun that you can technically bring it out from the Deck at low cost and out of flavor. Cosmic Horror too (though mostly for the Level since it's already a heavily outclassed card).
Most importantly is Gol'gar. That is HUGE for them. 

It covers for the problem of getting interrupted and being a sitting duck, which Mysterious Triangle and Amonyte were the only extra Summons they'd get otherwise. Now no more need for that pesky Blue-Eyes Sanctuary xD

Hm... so Aliens are actually that slow of a Deck, then? Never actually learned their playstyle in-depth. Would you say, between the counter cost being higher than the generation and the restriction to only the Extended Archetype, this card could get away with no OPT at all, or would it be best to just keep the softie it has at this time?

25 minutes ago, ChaosKnux said:

Hm... so Aliens are actually that slow of a Deck, then? Never actually learned their playstyle in-depth. Would you say, between the counter cost being higher than the generation and the restriction to only the Extended Archetype, this card could get away with no OPT at all, or would it be best to just keep the softie it has at this time?

They are not extremely slow, they can possibly swarm if you have stuff like Amonyte (the Tuner) + Alien Dog + Alien Overlord + Mysterious Triangle, but their searcher spell only searches with its GY effect that is not live the turn the card is sent, and many prefer to setup the GY with Blue-Eyes Mausoleum ditching Shocktrooper for Amonyte to revive and making Amonyte an extra Normal Summon via the Blue-Eyes field spell.

Then ideally the deck wants to a decent number of backrow that can remain face-up for Gol'Gar to keep bouncing up.
To their merit, Amonyte doesn't negate the effects of what it revives so something like Alien Telepath (their S/T removal) is easy enough to bring out.

I never did Aliens proper myself, but this is an Alien deck I made before the Link was announced. When it was announced I put it in the side deck but did not modify the deck. I wanna give it an update at some point though.

Spoiler

FSn1TZi.png

It re-used Call of the Haunted, Fiendish Chain, and Rainbow Kuriboh's hand trap effect as much as possible.
Offering to the Snake Deity, Amonyte's reviving effect, Mysterious Triangle, those things also fuel Supply Unit's draw on top of it being an extra thing to bounce.
I think this is actually kind of slow, and the Blue-Eyes field spell never came off while I could Summon Amonyte and have something else to bring out. If the game produced something that kept adding Amonyte to the hand, maybe.... but for the most part he is probably the only Normal Summon you really want once you start going.
Some people like the Blue-Eyes tech though.... but hopefully this build gives off a bit of an idea.

Code A Ancient Ruins looked like the best thing ever until I realized Gol'Gar wasn't included xD It's still good for a tech though IMO.
If your field spell was a thing I would ditch the 2 copies of the random "Watch Cat" and go for Terraformings haha.

Edited by Sleepy