Sign in to follow this  
Sleepy

Gaia's Emissary

Gaia's Emissary
EARTH Level 4 [Fairy / Effect] 1200/2000

If Summoned from your hand: You can target 1 Field Spell from either GY; place that card face-up on your Field Zone, ignoring its conditions, and if you do, you can draw 1 card.
If this card is destroyed by battle or by an effect: You can Special Summon 1 "Gaia" monster from your Extra Deck. You can only use this effect of "Gaia's Emissary" once per turn.

- - - -

The intention is to wink at both Yugioh's Gaia Warrior series and Gaia the goddess of Earth from Greek Mythology.
Gameplay-wise, I want a generic reverse Terraforming (something that'd fetch from the GY instead of searching out). Since that's inherently weaker than outright searching out, I decided to give it a draw bonus. The lack of a hard OPT clause shouldn't be a huge deal if you have to get the card back in hand to trigger it.
The "ignore the conditions" part of the Field Spell activation clause is meant to bypass things like Orichalcos' "once per Duel".

A random tip but there's a Quick Play Spell that Summons a Level 4 LIGHT from hand, so it is an instant Field Effect such as immunity from cards like the fields of the God cards and the Sacred Beasts.

The Mine floodgate that's running around is raining on my parade but IDK what I can do about that.

Edited by Sleepy

The thing about the recovery effect is that its an automatic +2 on Summon, and then if the Field Spell has a search, that's a net +3 in total. Which is kind of a lot off one Summon.. but that said, the Field Spell does have to be in the GY, so chances of that happening on the opening turn are probably pretty low. 

That said, I like its battle effect. I probably would've restricted it to "Gaia" monsters with 2600 ATK, because I assume they're the ones you were thinking about when making this effect, but you could also use this to Summon the 3500 ATK Gaia Drake. (You could also use this to Special Summon E-Hero Gaia). 

But that said, I do like the ideas behind the card. Yeah, Mystic Mine is a pain but... I imagine that card will get Limited sooner or later. 

A quick errata note is that I don't think you have to put "ignoring the summoning conditions" for the Special Summon effect, since cards like Metamorphosis don't. (This would also make it impossible to Special Summon the E-Hero). 

41 minutes ago, weeb said:

The thing about the recovery effect is that its an automatic +2 on Summon, and then if the Field Spell has a search, that's a net +3 in total. Which is kind of a lot off one Summon.. but that said, the Field Spell does have to be in the GY, so chances of that happening on the opening turn are probably pretty low. 

That said, I like its battle effect. I probably would've restricted it to "Gaia" monsters with 2600 ATK, because I assume they're the ones you were thinking about when making this effect, but you could also use this to Summon the 3500 ATK Gaia Drake. (You could also use this to Special Summon E-Hero Gaia). 

But that said, I do like the ideas behind the card. Yeah, Mystic Mine is a pain but... I imagine that card will get Limited sooner or later. 

A quick errata note is that I don't think you have to put "ignoring the summoning conditions" for the Special Summon effect, since cards like Metamorphosis don't. (This would also make it impossible to Special Summon the E-Hero). 

Actually, I did intend to allow the 3500 ATK Gaia to be the primary target, although E HERO Gaia wasn't in my plans xD
I admit that's a bit of a reckless choice. I could go for 2600 ATK and it'd support pretty much every other one.

I made the card with the idea that a Field Spell in the GY can only happen early game with stuff like Summoner Monk plays, and that taking up the Normal Summon on itself is a sort of condition to note too.... that is, unless you run a Pendulum Deck that already has the scales setup but IDK how much those kinds of decks would really use field spells, or use an alternative Summoning effect like Double Summon, Arrivalrival, or Photon Lead, in which case those -1 spells would get replaced with this card's draw, leaving the field spell as the main net advantage (and whatever the spell does upon activation).

Then again, I didn't really intend to help support the "when this card is activated, search X..." effects. I wonder how it could be properly worded to make it so that it places the card instead of triggering that bit.....

On the Summon conditions clause:Noted, I'm gonna edit it right away.

Thanks a lot for the feedback. Helped me a ton.