Sign in to follow this  
Summer Darj

[Written] Majesty XII, The True Dracocaster Maiden

Majesty XII, The True Dracocaster Maiden
WIND/Wyrm/Effect/Level 7
2800/2000
(This card is always treated as a "Majespecter" and "Zoodiac" card.)
To Tribute Summon this card face-up, you can Tribute Continuous, "Majespecter" and Zoodiac" Spell/Traps you control, as well as monsters. Unaffected by the effects of cards with the same card type (Monster, Spell, and/or Trap) as the original card type of the cards Tributed for its Tribute Summon. When your opponent activates a card or effect while you control this Tribute Summoned monster (Quick Effect): You can target 1 monster you control and 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; return them to the hand(s). You can only use this effect of "Majesty XII, The True Dracocaster Maiden" once per turn.

Originally made this for the "Unlikely Archetypes" game in the Workshop subsection, but I think it actually may be decent and realistic enough to be placed here. After all, Zoodiacs are tied with the True Dracos lore-wise.
Basically, it takes inspiration from the currently banned Master Peace, being a strengthened version of Majesty Maiden and carrying Master Peace's iconic protection + quick-effect disruption combo effects. However, I watered down the disruptive effect, making it reactive and requiring you to bounce a monster of yours as a drawback of sorts. To further add a hint of flavor, the protection and bouncing effect can be seen as a reference or nod to Majespecter Kirin.

Flavor and artwork-wise, the card would depict Majesty Maiden strengthened by couple of the Zoodiac weapons, if not all of them, before giving them to Metaltron XII.

Thoughts?

Hm there is only a handful of the said Continuous Spells and Traps being 3... And of the 3 of them... You would only want to run 1 being Zoodiac Barrage in most practical cases, but if you really wanted that trap protection you have to run Zoodiac Gathering (really bad attach to Xyz card) and/or Majespecter Supercell (a blanket against negation for an archetype that is already a nuisance in terms of what it is protected from, with S/T recycling). And of those 2 I'd rather run Supercell. But, that being said it is still quite accessible to Tribute Summon considering Zoodiace Barrage gets out a Zoodiac without expending a Normal Summon, and Majespectors are a Pendulum arch (although you might be making your Majespector Spell and Traps dead if you Tributed Majespectors you Pendulum Summoned).

In terms of how well it meshes with Majespecters, and Zoodiac.... Let alone how Majespecters and Zoodiac mesh together... Mmm. I don't know about this one... I thinK Majespectors would rather have members of their own arch present on the field to keep their backrow live than have an occasional Zoodiac stifle their stunning capabilities.

As far as this thing being a True Draco, sure it is searchable via Dragonic Diagram, but there isn't much of anything else you want to search considering you are probably going to mish-mash the other two arches together to be able to play this...  Also, Dragonic Diagram is only going to most likely net a flat 0 in advantage with the 2 arches in mind and it doesn't really do much for them, except trigger Zoodiac Ramram effect.

In all, I think it is manageable to combine the archetypes to run this.... But,  getting this out could work against you.

Suggestion: Make it able to "Tribute"  Majespecter Pendulum Cards in Pendulum Zone to mesh better with Majespecter, and make that count towards Spell Immunity.

Edited by BGMキャノン

You already can Tribute  Majespecter monsters in Pendulum scales, note how the conditions lets you use Cont. Spell/Traps, Majespecter Spell/Traps, and Zoodiac Spell/Traps as Tribute. You could even Tribute a Set Zoodiac Combo to get in in the GY for its Emeral effect.

This monster is not about mixing the 3 archetypes in a deck, but more about splashing it in their decks. You could run it as a Master Peace lite in True Dracos, but you would have to be able to put another monster on board to use the effect without bouncing itself, but that's something you can resort to, too. In that case, maybe it should make it vulnerable to itself even with protection towards monster effects.