Raven Maiden

DARK/Lv 4/Winged Beast/Effect/1300 ATK/2000 DEF

“Golden Castle of Stromberg” in your Field Zone cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent’s card effects. When this card is Summoned: shuffle all of your face-down banished cards into the Deck. When a card(s) is banished face-down: This card gains 500 ATK and DEF. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can shuffle 5 of your top-most face-down banished cards into your Deck.

I designed this card to not only mitigate the cost of "Golden Castle of Stromberg" while supporting it, but also to add another representative from "The Raven", the same Brothers Grimm tale that "Golden Castle of Stromberg" originates from.

This card mostly eliminates the cost of Pot of Desires (which is not an issue, so does Necroface) so there's that plus.
You could also try Pot of Indulgence into it without any major issues so long as it is the last draw effect activated that turn.
Though Castle can play this directly from the Deck. The only question remaining is if that's really the best option for Golden Castle to bring out. I'm not very knowledgeable about the archetype but I think I recall a guy + armor that is like 2 monsters in 1 Summon, and a 2600 or 3200 ATK witch that negated stuff? I should probably look it up.

Sounds like a build would center around it a little bit rather tan it seamlessly fitting into it (from my untrained eyes at least).
I would say the boost is probably not the ideal kind. Maybe a la Necroface it could return any number of face-down banished cards instead of all of them, and have it gain 500 for each instead. That'd give it enough body to sustain things. The recycle bit that's not on-Summon doesn't need to be included in the boost if this suggestion were to happen though (that's probably be a bit much). Then I would be confident about a good old Inferno Reckless combo after enough setup, in a way that gave you some nice beaters and in a deck that can consistently +3 most turns with its engines.

Edited by Sleepy

Admittedly I'm not familiar with the Stromberg pseudo-archetype, but IDK if this card warrants to be played. AFAIK normally players don't care much about banished face-down cards, except in decks that have a lot of key 1-ofs. IDK if that's the case for this pseudo-archetype.

That means you would mainly play this for its stat-boosting effect, but unless you combine Stromberg with other banish-face-down cards like Desires, Eater of Millions, this will take a while to reach a threatening ATK.

However, if you were to make it into an Firestorm Guard/Sirius version of the archetype, in that it nets you a draw when you return 3~5 banished-face-down cards into the deck, then you may be onto something.

Edited by Darj