Sign in to follow this  
Unlisted Member

Wicked Wax Witch of Waning

Wicked Wax Witch of Waning
FIRE
✪✪✪✪ (Level 4)
[Aqua/Effect]
ATK/ 300 DEF/ 1800

Each time a Phase ends, all other monsters lose 100 ATK, then this monster gains 100 ATK for each monster that lost ATK. Once per turn, (Quick Effect): You can target 1 monster whose ATK is lower than their original ATK; negate its effects until the end of this turn.

Concept:

Spoiler

So it is a triple entendre name wise: It combines the concept of a "Wicked Witch", along with the wick and wax of the candle, and the phrase "Wax and Wane". Visually if I were to try and put it together for you it would be a witch with a candle holder for a hat that has melted wax on top that shapes similar to the top of witches hat curved down. As for other details, I don't know... Just what I have thrown together before I actually attempt to draw it.

Edited by BGMキャノン

IDK if FIRE/Aqua is the most appropriate typing for a Wax monster. Impcantantion Candoll is LIGHT/Pyro, for instance.
I find amusing that this would be among the few, if not the only one, Level 4 or lower monsters with an OPT stun Quick Effect that doesn't require you to spend on card advantage (e.g. Tribute, discard, etc.). I remember Kozmo Dark Lady , but she is Level 5 xD
The first effect is funny, but if you are running this, most likely your deck has a consistent way to reduce the ATK of the opponent's monsters through other means. Burden of the Mighty comes to mind to negate maindeck monsters before they become or enable ED plays, as well as some of the scale effects of Qlis. Oh wait, Knightmare Mermaid would be a relatively practical way to enable the effect, too, except currently in OCG since it's banned there.
Overall I like it. Even if a level 4 or lower monster with a stun quick effect were to be controversial, this requires set-up or deck dedication to function optimally, so it should be alright.

Edited by A Crap Guide to CC

14 hours ago, A Crap Guide to CC said:

IDK if FIRE/Aqua is the most appropriate typing for a Wax monster. Impcantantion Candoll is LIGHT/Pyro, for instance.
I find amusing that this would be among the few, if not the only one, Level 4 or lower monsters with an OPT stun Quick Effect that doesn't require you to spend on card advantage (e.g. Tribute, discard, etc.). I remember Kozmo Dark Lady , but she is Level 5 xD
The first effect is funny, but if you are running this, most likely your deck has a consistent way to reduce the ATK of the opponent's monsters through other means. Burden of the Mighty comes to mind to negate maindeck monsters before they become or enable ED plays, as well as some of the scale effects of Qlis. Oh wait, Knightmare Mermaid would be a relatively practical way to enable the effect, too, except currently in OCG since it's banned there.
Overall I like it. Even if a level 4 or lower monster with a stun quick effect were to be controversial, this requires set-up or deck dedication to function optimally, so it should be alright.

I kind of disagree with Konami's typing choice there... You see when I think of Pyro/LIGHT I think fireworks, or representation of suns or stars in the universe. As for a candle... I don't know I view it as more of your typical Pyro/Fire. Since the subject is based  melted candle wax I thought I could take the artisitic license to make it either Pyro/WATER or Aqua/FIRE. It is a subjective topic though so... Yeah I'll leave it at that.

As far as Level 4 with Quick Effect negation without a cost. There is good ol' Justice Bringer https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Justice_Bringer ... But, he only stops Special Summoned monsters who activate their effects, and because of his small body he never left a lasting impression on anybody. XD

Edited by BGMキャノン