Sign in to follow this  
Unlisted Member

Sylvan Unity

Sylvan Unity

[Normal Spell]
Target any number of "Sylvan" monsters with different Levels (min. 2); Special Summon 1 Plant Xyz monster from your Extra Deck whose Rank is same as 1 of the target's Levels, and then attach all of the targets to it as material. You can only activate 1 "Sylvan Unity" once per turn.

Support To:

Edited by BGMキャノン

Reminds me of Evo-Singularity, although this gets a bit more of support from Sylvan, for whatever that's worth because their supportive effects can be a bit awkward due to the reliance on excavations. I guess that's something xD
Summoning any Plant Xyz is too broad and IMO lascks futureproofing because no one knows if/when koomy will ever make an OPed high-Rank Plant Xyz that this card would be able to access. IMO Summoning any Sylvan Xyz should suffice, ad the choices they have are decent to good.
Also, I would be more comfortable with the card if it required to you to target at least 2 monsters, that way it needs a bit more of set-up and deck dedication, or at least give the illusion that it does.

7 hours ago, A Crap Guide to CC said:

Reminds me of Evo-Singularity, although this gets a bit more of support from Sylvan, for whatever that's worth because their supportive effects can be a bit awkward due to the reliance on excavations. I guess that's something xD
Summoning any Plant Xyz is too broad and IMO lascks futureproofing because no one knows if/when koomy will ever make an OPed high-Rank Plant Xyz that this card would be able to access. IMO Summoning any Sylvan Xyz should suffice, ad the choices they have are decent to good.
Also, I would be more comfortable with the card if it required to you to target at least 2 monsters, that way it needs a bit more of set-up and deck dedication, or at least give the illusion that it does.

Hmmm I think I am fine with leaving it open ended to Plant Xyz to offer more utility to the deck: I made the decision to offer Sylvan access to 2 things in mind

https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Meliae_of_the_Trees

https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Fairy_Knight_Ingunar

Sure we won't be able to determine what possible Plant Xyz powerhouse that they may concoct in the future, but to me it seems unlikely especially since Plant Xyz only have been represented in 2 archetype so far (Traptrix and Sylvans, and I am under the impression they won't make another Plant Xyz Traptrix without making an Insect 1 first, and given the span of things that even seems unlikely given their play style.) ... And they only made a handful of generic/semi-generic Plant Xyz. If they do manage to do so, well then I will look back at this idea as a bad one in the my Cloud storage time capsule in that future to come. XD

However, I did in fact take your suggestion up on making a minimal requirement. Since yeah... Excavated mills have to look the effort.

Edited by BGMキャノン

Yeah, short-cutting into Meliae, Ingunar and other Plant Xyzs is sweet and all, but still, what if they make a stand-alone Rank10+ Plant with a potent effect and intended to be Summoned normally or with a RUM effect? After all, they did randomly make big Xyzs like that Super Giant Robo Destroyer whatever. At least you could make it require the Rank of the Xyz to match 1 of the Levels of the targeted monster. That way there is little risk of dropping big Xyzs unless Sylvans get Level9+ members, and requires further set-up to access the bigger Xyzs.

29 minutes ago, A Crap Guide to CC said:

Yeah, short-cutting into Meliae, Ingunar and other Plant Xyzs is sweet and all, but still, what if they make a stand-alone Rank10+ Plant with a potent effect and intended to be Summoned normally or with a RUM effect? After all, they did randomly make big Xyzs like that Super Giant Robo Destroyer whatever. At least you could make it require the Rank of the Xyz to match 1 of the Levels of the targeted monster. That way there is little risk of dropping big Xyzs unless Sylvans get Level9+ members, and requires further set-up to access the bigger Xyzs.

Hmmm... It makes you have to run Guardioak for Igunar and Marshaleaf for Meliae ( I am not even going to consider Mikorange that thing is the worst Sylvan XD). And if you really wanted to, you could include the even less used Level 4 Sylvan for Blackship of Corn or Traptrix Rafflesia. Sylvan builds as of late have been hesitant to use a lot of their members, but this would grant more incentive to do so. I like it... Great suggestion. Thank you.

Edited by BGMキャノン