Zaziuma

Psychokinetic Fissure

A Trap monster that focuses on destroying things depending on how many of your turns it has been Set on the field. It's designed to be offensive if that's what you want, or destroying your own cards, the focus being on Artifacts mostly, due to this becoming a Level 5 monster. Additionally, since you may want this Set for a while, if it's destroyed while Set, it destroys a card on the field, so your opponent gotta be careful with what they blow up.

dcwmkus-ec47892d-38de-481b-8263-eb4c3dc4

Special Summon this card as an Effect Monster (Psychic/LIGHT/Level 5/ATK 1100/DEF 2100). (This card is still a Trap.) If Summoned this way: Destroy cards on the field up to the number of your turns this card was Set on the field. If this Set card is destroyed by a card effect: You can destroy 1 card on the field. You can only use each effect of "Psychokinetic Fissure" once per turn.

Edited by Zaziuma

How do the rulings behind the card work?
-Does the turn counting only counts fully concluded turns towards it or can it immediately claim 2 turns past the first End Phase (when Traps can normally be used)?
-You sure you wanna count turns in general rather than a specific player's turns?
-Do you reveal/show the card to the opponent when you set it or do you both have to start counting back when it does activate? sounds like something that'd only really work in videogame setting for an automatic program to take care of the count....

As I understand it, you can always chain it to removal so it gets Special Summoned before it is destroyed and it can get the destruction when destroyed effect and the destruction x turns effect. 

The balance is probably not a huge problem but relying on x turns something's been set sounds like a bit of a pain. Has the game IRL done this before?
I'd guess IRL cards try to get these sorts of effects out of face-up cards that can receive counters during specific phases of the turn to make up for this mechanic.
This probably should have gone in Experimental Cards.

6 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

How do the rulings behind the card work?
-Does the turn counting only counts fully concluded turns towards it or can it immediately claim 2 turns past the first End Phase (when Traps can normally be used)?
-You sure you wanna count turns in general rather than a specific player's turns?
-Do you reveal/show the card to the opponent when you set it or do you both have to start counting back when it does activate? sounds like something that'd only really work in videogame setting for an automatic program to take care of the count....

As I understand it, you can always chain it to removal so it gets Special Summoned before it is destroyed and it can get the destruction when destroyed effect and the destruction x turns effect. 

The balance is probably not a huge problem but relying on x turns something's been set sounds like a bit of a pain. Has the game IRL done this before?
I'd guess IRL cards try to get these sorts of effects out of face-up cards that can receive counters during specific phases of the turn to make up for this mechanic.
This probably should have gone in Experimental Cards.

It does specify player turns, it's your turns, as it says, so to answer the first two questions, it would be 1 turn the turn you Set it and your opponent's turn when you can first activate it, then your next turn again it would be 2 turns.

No, turn counting is an inherent process of the game, and thus revealing cards is not a part of that. It isn't necessary for you to show it, as each card is set on a specific turn, and both players know this, because Traps are not allowed to be activated the same turn they are Set. I can see how it could be experimental, but there are cards that count how long they have been on the field, like Blockman. There may not have been cards that count how long they were face-down, but I don't really think that it changes much regardless.

1 minute ago, Zaziuma said:

It does specify player turns, it's your turns, as it says, so to answer the first two questions, it would be 1 turn the turn you Set it and your opponent's turn when you can first activate it, then your next turn again it would be 2 turns.

No, turn counting is an inherent process of the game, and thus revealing cards is not a part of that. It isn't necessary for you to show it, as each card is set on a specific turn, and both players know this, because Traps are not allowed to be activated the same turn they are Set. I can see how it could be experimental, but there are cards that count how long they have been on the field, like Blockman. There may not have been cards that count how long they were face-down, but I don't really think that it changes much regardless.

Oh, I noticed the "your turns" part, my mistake there....

I think there is distinction between the card being face-down or face-up. People don't normally care or take into account the turn count unless something like Blockman is there, and with a face-down card doing so, only 1 player will be able to be keeping tabs on it if time starts accumulating. Be it trusting the player's honesty or their accuracy, something like that is not as likely to happen with Blockman's way. It very much sounds like a mechanic that'd belong to a manga/anime card and would be ditched for IRL release.

I guess it's debatable.

Personally, I'd ditch the problem entirely by just making it count its time as a monster. Then again, that's an entirely different card. The idea is interesting, it's just not being used in a way that's feasible in the manual game.setting.

In short, this card would be banned at all tournament settings for the same reason as Self-Destruct Button: giving the Judges headaches constantly.

17 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Oh, I noticed the "your turns" part, my mistake there....

I think there is distinction between the card being face-down or face-up. People don't normally care or take into account the turn count unless something like Blockman is there, and with a face-down card doing so, only 1 player will be able to be keeping tabs on it if time starts accumulating. Be it trusting the player's honesty or their accuracy, something like that is not as likely to happen with Blockman's way. It very much sounds like a mechanic that'd belong to a manga/anime card and would be ditched for IRL release.

I guess it's debatable.

You are always trusting, there are scenarios where a player has to trust that the opponent can activate a card that's hidden in their hand or Set, but wouldn't normally be able to know due to game mechanics, so it's not out of the question that Set cards can have counted turns as well.

43 minutes ago, ChaosKnux said:

Personally, I'd ditch the problem entirely by just making it count its time as a monster. Then again, that's an entirely different card. The idea is interesting, it's just not being used in a way that's feasible in the manual game.setting.

In short, this card would be banned at all tournament settings for the same reason as Self-Destruct Button: giving the Judges headaches constantly.

Well yes, that is not how it's suppose to work, though I suppose you could make it work that way too, but I wanted it to work immediately as it got out, since that's both for flavor, and to not have a monster that can just destroy things at any point, but only when it comes out first. I dunno, for the sake of gameplay it may be better, as Sleepy has said, it can be a problem sometimes.

Umm no I wouldn't go as far as to say it'd be banned at any events xD
but I think it'd be a bit troublesome if it goes past a turn or two. Thinking about it, it might be a situational scenario nowadays for it to last too long.
Still iffy on the mechanic but just saying, not to that degree.

Last night I remembered a card that worked like this actually, I should post it at TCG to see what people think. I'm curious now.
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Life_Shaver

So pretty much this card will at least break even if it is not destroyed on the turn it is Set? Then it's really good. I'm impressed to see a Monster Trap that can actually be relevant and is not named
"The Prime Monarch" or "Shaddoll Roots" back when it was decent as a 1-of.