Alice

[DANE] Mekk-Knight Crusadia Astram

7F7F1B3B-DE26-4490-9D0A-471CCAD83FA3.jpe

Cyberse/Link/Effect LIGHT ATK 3000 LINK-4 (Left, Right, Bottom-Left, Bottom-Right)
2+ monsters that were Special Summoned from the Extra Deck
While this Link Summoned card is on the field, your opponent cannot target this card with card effects, also your opponent's monsters cannot target monsters for attacks, except this one. Once per battle, if this card battles a Special Summoned monster, during damage calculation: You can have this card gain ATK equal to the ATK of that opponent's monster, during that damage calculation only. If this Link Summoned card in your possession is sent to your GY by your opponent's card: You can shuffle 1 card on the field into the Deck.

Edited by Alice

It has not been one hour since these cards were revealed and posted in their news threads. As these two threads are first offenses, it will not be locked, but do follow the rules in the future.

It seems impossible to tell whether the second effect is a Trigger Effect or Quick Effect by text alone, so take that part of my translation with a grain of salt

Looks like it has to be distinguished via DB entry

I think it's more likely to be a Trigger Effect though, following the recent Salamangreat Violet Chimera

“Borrelsword is good”

”ye?”

”Borreload is good”

”ye???”

”Metaltron saw play.”

”yeeeee???????”

”Put them in a blender and call it Astram”

not reallt decided on where it falls yet, but at least it’s anothwr target for Firewall Xceed?

I thought for the meantime Konami wasn't gonna encourage Link laddering, but I'm more surprised by the built-in Honest/Mirage Knight effect it has and how it feels pretty much ok.
Dat removal I'm pretty ok with. It can't be targeted so this might be a bit of a nuisance. 

Great arrows. I am a fan of the Link 4s that open up 2 zones no matter where you play them at. It could only be better if one of the down arrows pointed straight down so it'd still provide 2 but get some co-link potential from the EMZ.

So Auram is going Super Saiyan Blue now?  Also, is it weird that this dude is heavily battle focused when the easiest way to deal with him is using battle traps?

On a more serious note he actually seems like a pain to try to out.  It is a surprisingly defensive Link-4.. Any chance for Pendulum decks to use this?

I like this one a lot, except for the CYberse type but that's a minor nitpick.

It's another name for the Mekk-Knight Field, material requirements that should be feasible enough if Pendulum decks had little trouble going for Metaltron, I find the art amazing and in general I like characters and arts with that kind of swords and stances such as Cloud and Silent Magicians, and the effects make it tough to beat unless you run non-targeting removal.

Not sure if this form is before or after Crusadia Maximus, if not Equimax.

3 hours ago, Darj said:

I like this one a lot, except for the CYberse type but that's a minor nitpick.

It's another name for the Mekk-Knight Field, material requirements that should be feasible enough if Pendulum decks had little trouble going for Metaltron, I find the art amazing and in general I like characters and arts with that kind of swords and stances such as Cloud and Silent Magicians, and the effects make it tough to beat unless you run non-targeting removal.

Not sure if this form is before or after Crusadia Maximus, if not Equimax.

I'd argue that the Cyberse typing is exactly WHAT makes it more usable (coughFirewallXceedDragoncough)

But yeah, a once per battle effect that can match any attack gains and targeting immunity means Borrelsword isn't getting over this without help. So its up there, if not past the 3Ker, in terms of material requirement (easier and yet harder at the same time). If you want raw non-targeted power, Super Saiyan God Trunks Astram's your man. Use of it, unlike the Borrels, goes down if it leaves the field initially, but since when is that the big problem to an OTK-enabler? 

Borreload, however...I mean, battle-wise, no card's better, but this is the new close second now.

8.9/10, and let me just say it is insane how Honest grew these days lol

Card looks pretty crazy. Cannot be targeted, and protects all of your smaller monsters from attacks. It has a semi-honest effect when it battles a special summoned monster, and it shuffles a card on the field into the deck when destroyed. 

Utopia the Lightning still outs this though, while preventing it's floating effect. That goes for every monster in the game that can be destroyed by battle though, so it doesn't really make this any less good. Erebus / Ignister get rid of this guy as well, as neither of them target. 

An interesting boss monster for sure. I wonder how it would do in Crusadias though, given that Equimax can negate things and gain huge attack.