Sign in to follow this  
Sleepy

Alternative Soul Offering

Alternative Soul Offering
[Spell Card]

Once during this turn, if you would Tribute a monster(s) for the Tribute Summon of a monster that requires 2 or more Tributes, you can Tribute an opponent's set or Level 4 or lower monster(s) even though you do not control it. 

- - - - - -

This is an alternative "Soul Exchange". Not to particularly outclass it or fight with "The Monarchs Stormforth". It is to fix discrepancies between the IRL and anime/manga versions of it. It was never used to Tribute your opponent's boss monsters and I am pretty sure the writers always had a hassle looking for ways to excuse it not being used that way. It was also never used to bring out a mid-boss-sized monster like a Summoned Skull. It was always 2 or 3 monsters.

Yes I understand "Level 4 or lower" kills its uses vs virtually anything Extra Deck related (not just Xyzs and Links since even Fusions and Synchros usually have higher Levels). But I also wanted its power level to be believable by the standards of when the card was used by Kaiba.

It still should be an ok card. 
Grammar is directly lifted from the text of "The Monarchs Stormforth".

inb4 comboing this card with Level-reducing effects :v

Yeah... limiting the Tribute substitutes to Set and Level 4 or lower monsters really limits its applications. Otherwise IMO it would be a solid support cards for decks that rely on 2+ Tribute monsters, and that alone should be enough to differentiate it from Stormforth, like, it's missing the SS stun from Stormforth, but in exchange you should be running plenty of 2+ Tribute monsters to make the Spell consistently live.
Instead, it's heavily match-up dependent. You could try to support it with Setting effects, but vs. Link decks the strategy most likely will fall flat.

2 hours ago, Darj said:

inb4 comboing this card with Level-reducing effects :v

Yeah... limiting the Tribute substitutes to Set and Level 4 or lower monsters really limits its applications. Otherwise IMO it would be a solid support cards for decks that rely on 2+ Tribute monsters, and that alone should be enough to differentiate it from Stormforth, like, it's missing the SS stun from Stormforth, but in exchange you should be running plenty of 2+ Tribute monsters to make the Spell consistently live.
Instead, it's heavily match-up dependent. You could try to support it with Setting effects, but vs. Link decks the strategy most likely will fall flat.

On the plus side, you can combo it with things like Book of Eclipse to intercept the play, although Eclipse's draw is too much of a drawback at times. Then you can have an Obelisk or something to get rid of 3 of the monsters, no drawbacks. There's also technically Ultimate Conductor's disruption although I can't think of double Tributes that deck would run.