Sign in to follow this  
jabber2033

Blue-Eyes Support

So thought I'd start with some Blue-Eyes support.  Loved it when it was relevant, but the deck just got power-crept.  Hopefully these cards can help it get back in the game.  

Elf with Eyes of Blue

LIGHT / Effect / Spellcaster / Tuner / Level 1 / ATK: 0 / DEF: 0

When this card is summoned: you can add 1 "Blue-Eyes" or "Eyes of Blue" monster from your deck to your hand except "Elf with Eyes of Blue."  You can shuffle this card in your GY to your deck: Special Summon 1 "Blue-Eyes" monster from your GY to the field.  Each effect of "Elf with Eyes of Blue" can only be activated once per turn.  

Paladin with Eyes of Blue

LIGHT / Effect / Spellcaster / Tuner / Level 1 / ATK: 0 / DEF: 0

When this card is summoned: draw 1 card for every card you control or in your GY whose original name is "Blue-Eyes White Dragon".  You can banish this card from your GY (Quick Effect): target 1 "Eyes of Blue" monster you control; it gains 3000 ATK and 2500 DEF until the End Phase, but your other monsters cannot attack this turn.  Each effect of "Paladin with Eyes of Blue" can only be activated once per turn.

Soul of the White Dragon

Normal Spell Card

If you control 1 or no monsters: take 1 "Eyes of Blue" monster from your Deck or GY, then, if you control "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" you can Special Summon that monster, otherwise, add it to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Soul of the White Dragon" per turn.  

What do ya'll think?  Too strong?  Or not enough?

Blue-Eyes is bricky as it is, and I thought I'd give it a few cards to help increase the consistency a bit.  Not sure what the deck is missing to be honest.  Might give these pictures eventually as well.  

Edited by jabber2033

Elf isn't strong so much as good. It's a 141 target, works on Normal Summon, and now a Soul of White Dragon target. Even Protector brings it out. It seems to be the best card in the set, completely outclassing Master with it's second effect and first effect. I just feel it renders so many other cards in the set useless, not even comboing off the male Eyes of Blue effects.

Paladin is complete OTK material, but in a good way. I just think the second effect would need some sort of other restriction, rather than having an Honest in the GY for the multitude of already OTK happy Fusions, bigger main deck beaters and such.

Soul illustrates the consistency problem with the Deck. It's a dead card without the original BEWD, and so are a lot of other cards in the set. This is just another one that is very easy to brick open with. No reason to really Special Summon your eyes of Blue anyway. Any of them except the ineffable Elf and Paladin.

Also you can use the spoiler option in the editor instead of quote if you want.

Elf looks like trouble to me. Stratos-like search power + revival of s Blue-Eyes dragon? Too much for a single card, IMO. By the way, the name is Elf, but the hard OPT clause says Queen.

Mixed feelings towards Paladin. Dova already addressed the OTK concerns which IMO would be more amusing if it only applied on "Eyes of Blue" monsters to turn the little ones into beatsticks for a turn, but also the draw effect keep me thinking, as once you get multiple copies of BEWD out it translates to big draws, especially if you have means to Summon it a couple more of times in the following turns. IDK, could be an snowballing effect that derails or spawns variants of "mill BEWDs ASAP, Summon this to draw 3 cards".

Dova already pointed out how Soul is yet another card for Blue-Eyes that depends on another.

Edited by Darj

Fixed Elf's hard OPT clause.

One says Elf is fine, another says too strong.  Any suggestions?

And I guess Paladin's draw effect might be too much considering Alternative is also BEWD in grave. So that's a 6-card draw for one summon.  Decided to make it apply to the Normal BEWD only.  So 3 cards drawn max.

How to make Soul better?  Just make it a generic Eyes of Blue summoner without the BEWD restriction?  Or something else?  

6 hours ago, jabber2033 said:

Fixed Elf's hard OPT clause.

One says Elf is fine, another says too strong.  Any suggestions?

I didn't mean it was fine, I meant it wasn't broken, but still too good.  As I said, it completely outclasses Master; maybe make it trigger of targeting in some way, to work with the other Eyes of Blue Cards?

Paladin works out fine for now, decent fix. Didn't realize the clause that prevented attacked applies to both before and after; maybe phrase it like "until the End Phase. Monsters you control other than the targeted monster cannot attack during the turn you use this effect." to be a little more clear.

A lot of your Eyes of Blue cards benefit off being Normal Summoned. How about something like this for Soul: "If you control 1 or no monsters: Take 1 "Eyes of Blue" monster from your Deck or GY, then, if you control "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" you can Special Summon that monster, otherwise add it to your hand. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase during the turn you activate this card. You can only activate 1 "Soul of the White Dragon" per turn."

The only reason I think the Special Summoning on Soul is fine because I'm assuming you're nerfing Elf, because they combo too well together currently if you buff Soul to make it usable.

I do like the new wording of Soul.  Also dropped the BP restriction as I feel that's too much of a restriction.  The deck needs it's BP.  

Re-worded Paladin a bit, also made it target Eyes of Blue monsters instead of Blue-Eyes monsters.  Less OTK potential but still decent.  

5 hours ago, Dova said:

trigger of targeting

Also, wtf does this mean?

Trigger off targeting, I meant. Like Maiden, and the other female Eyes of Blue member.