Sign in to follow this  
Thomas★Zero

Heavily Armed Samurai - Benkei

Heavily Armed Samurai - Benkei
DARK
Link: DL, DR
Warrior/Link/Effect
2 monsters with different names, except Tokens
When this card is Link Summoned to the Extra Monster Zone: you can equip as many Equip Spell Cards from your GY to this card. For each Equip Card equipped to this card, it gains 1 additional attack during each Battle Phases. This card cannot attack your opponent directly.
ATK/1500 LINK-2

So Heavily Armed Samurai - Benkei is Link Retrain of the original Benkei where summoning this allows you to grab all of your Equip Spells from the grave and equip them to this card granting it through its other effect to make a massive number of attacks. Lastly to balance this card while it has 2 downward markers is that if theirs a monster in a zone it points to it cannot attack directly.

In a equip heavy deck or a deck that utilizes Isoldes effect to dump equip spells into the grave you can effectively summon this card with a mass number of equip spells on it where it can act as steamrolling beatstick if utilizing cards like Moon Mirror Shield to have this cards ATK go over your opponents monsters high ATK monsters.

Edited by Thomas★Zero

Isolde seems like the perfect setup for this to go off, since she can mill all the equip spells needed AND get the second link material to make this dude all in 1 move. Admittedly, it's WAY less steps to otk with this than FTK with other Isolde combos, so I guess this is all right

Why bother with Moon Mirror Shield when you can load it with ATK-boosting Equips and go for an OTK? Moon Mirror Shield would shift this card's ATK to the attacked monster's ATK + 100 and thus disable OTKs.
I don't like how this is pretty much an OTK from a single Isolde. Regardless of the power levels of the formats, it is unfair as heck.

3 minutes ago, Darj said:

Why bother with Moon Mirror Shield when you can load it with ATK-boosting Equips and go for an OTK? Moon Mirror Shield would shift this card's ATK to the attacked monster's ATK + 100 and thus disable OTKs.
I don't like how this is pretty much an OTK from a single Isolde. Regardless of the power levels of the formats, it is unfair as heck.

Regarding this I made a quick edit so it in general can't attack directly which should hopeful fix some of this cards OTK issues.