Sign in to follow this  
Sleepy

Little Witch Drawing

This character is meant for a bigger project, a comic that I've been planning for a while.

Though I'm still having trouble with it, as simple of a design as it might seem. This inked and colored version is based on a sketch I made probably a bit over a year ago xD
Since then I noticed I've made her face gradually stretch to the sides, and I'm gonna practice to undo that. I also really struggle with kid proportions. Well some might say I struggle with ALL proportions, but kids in general. I still keep aging her up by accident when I don't look at my reference. I know the basic concept to make a character look like a kid but it's still hard.

Spoiler

ouU3ip2.jpg

Also, the original sketch had to be re-made because of how small it was.
In the next spoiler:
Left = Original sketch (less than 2 inches in size)
Right = Re-made sketch (around 3 1/2 inches)
Still not a huge difference but enough for markers to come in with something more than base layers.

Spoiler

cK5j9eV.png

Edited by Sleepy

Lovely drawing, she is so precious. I'm amazed at how you colored the skin. Looks so well... blended, IDK if that's the right word for it. The way you color and style her hair impresses me, too!