Sign in to follow this  
Thomas★Zero

Oblivion God Dragon [2019 Remaster]

Oblivion God Dragon
lv 12 DARK
Dragon/Fusion/Effect
3 Level 8 or higher DARK Dragon Fusion Monsters with the same name
Must be Fusion Summoned with the above Fusion Materials and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Fusion Summoned, and during each of your End Phases: its ATK becomes 10000. It is unaffected by the effects or be destroyed by battle with EARTH, WATER, FIRE, WIND or DARK monsters. After damage calculation: you can have this card lose 2000 ATK, and if you do, it can attack a monster again in a row. You can only control 1 "Oblivion God Dragon".
ATK/5000 DEF/5000

So Oblivion God Dragon which is designed as a final boss type of card is a powerful Fusion Monster that can be summoned 10000 ATK and DEF and have full protection against all monsters except for Light monsters. In addition this card can also make additional ATK during a battle Phase by reducing its ATK by 2000 allowing it to attack for 10000, 8000, 6000, 4000 and then 2000 where at the end of the turn it resets back to 10000.

So of the key methods of balancing such a powerful monster like this are making its fusion requirements require 3 Level 8 or higher DARK Dragon Fusion Monsters with the same name meaning the easiest way you could summon it is if you managed to get 3 Starving Venom Fusion Dragons out (where in addition you would also need a Fusion Spell to summon this.) In addition I also added that its summoning conditions cannot be ignored (even though this is not an official term thats been used in Yu-Gi-Oh it helps avoid easy plays from decks such as Guardragons) and lastly you can only have 1 Oblivion God Dragon on the field at a time making it so you don't have the case of you or your opponent face down 3 of these as facing one would be enough of a challenge as it self.

As Mentioned a Deck using Dark Dragons like Starving Venom Fusion Dragon that can summon multiple out on the field to then summon this the best way to go around summoning this card where ideally you could utilize this in a DARK Dragon/Predaplant Deck where you focus on Fusion Summoning only Starving Venom Fusion Dragon in order to set.

Also for some Trivia this card was designed as a form of evolution from Five Headed Dragon as the original design for this required 3 Five Headed Dragon though I eased the summoning requirements a bit to what it has for the case that I added the cannot ignore summoning condition clause.

Edited by Thomas★Zero

Must be Fusion Summoned with the above Fusion Material Monsters and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways.
It is unaffected by the effects or be destroyed by battle with EARTH, WATER, FIRE, WIND or DARK monsters.
When this card is Fusion Summoned, and during each of your End Phases: It's ATK becomes 10,000. 
After damage calculation: You can have this card lose 2000 ATK, and if you do, it can attack a monster again in a row.

- - - -

Those are both my grammar suggestions and my suggested changes.
-Rainbow Neos's Summon condition which cannot be substituted for or brought out other ways.
-Both effects that reset the ATK to 10k virtually achieve the same thing except the "When Summoned" one also does for the DEF, but I don't think it'd make much of a difference.
-My way of mixing the battle immunity and the effect immunity is most likely not official but I like the idea of letting it be affected by DIVINE both ways so to not list all other Attributes again I put them together xD
-I nerfed the multi-attacking effect. 10k to the face is already almost a game-finisher on its own, and to think your version can total 30,000 damage if all connect as direct attacks. That's a pretty sure win condition right there. If it has to attack monsters to keep attacking I think it can still OTK with ease but it'd be a bit more fair IMO.

Materials are actually more tricky than I expected. The deck with the biggest shot at bringing this out is probably Red-Eyes, but it needs some setup and probably use the Fusions rather than Main Deck monsters.
Or a Blue-Eyes deck with the field spell of the DARK deck teched in xD

14 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Must be Fusion Summoned with the above Fusion Material Monsters and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways.
It is unaffected by the effects or be destroyed by battle with EARTH, WATER, FIRE, WIND or DARK monsters.
When this card is Fusion Summoned, and during each of your End Phases: It's ATK becomes 10,000. 
After damage calculation: You can have this card lose 2000 ATK, and if you do, it can attack a monster again in a row.

- - - -

Those are both my grammar suggestions and my suggested changes.
-Rainbow Neos's Summon condition which cannot be substituted for or brought out other ways.
-Both effects that reset the ATK to 10k virtually achieve the same thing except the "When Summoned" one also does for the DEF, but I don't think it'd make much of a difference.
-My way of mixing the battle immunity and the effect immunity is most likely not official but I like the idea of letting it be affected by DIVINE both ways so to not list all other Attributes again I put them together xD
-I nerfed the multi-attacking effect. 10k to the face is already almost a game-finisher on its own, and to think your version can total 30,000 damage if all connect as direct attacks. That's a pretty sure win condition right there. If it has to attack monsters to keep attacking I think it can still OTK with ease but it'd be a bit more fair IMO.

Materials are actually more tricky than I expected. The deck with the biggest shot at bringing this out is probably Red-Eyes, but it needs some setup and probably use the Fusions rather than Main Deck monsters.
Or a Blue-Eyes deck with the field spell of the DARK deck teched in xD

Made the edits as you advised and when asking about the multi attacking effect I mentioned before it was designed as a evolution based Fusion using 3 FHD where its support to reflect the attacks from each of its five heads.

8 minutes ago, Thomas★Zero said:

Made the edits as you advised and when asking about the multi attacking effect I mentioned before it was designed as a evolution based Fusion using 3 FHD where its support to reflect the attacks from each of its five heads.

Oh I see. I noticed the Five Headed Dragon parallels when I was reading the card but somehow I missed that it adds up exactly 5 attacks.
Technically it'd be in-theme that the card be overpowered, as the intention of the big 5 was to be unbalanced because the main cast were pros and the big 5 weren't so evening out the field with unfair designs was their motto. That said, I'm still glad you took me on in the offer of attacking monsters xD
Although the first attack of every turn is the one that hurts the most haha.