Sleepy

Question: How do Clubs Work?

Question

I've been wanting to ask this one for a while. 
Not a suggestion or critique and not directed to the staff only but to whoever can clear my doubts xD

I'm used to how YCM clubs were essentially a base of operations kind of thread where people posted directly, and for projects they'd sometimes go make relevant threads outside accordingly.

Though over here, I see the clubs have 3 sections:
-Home: Which is just like a thread's OP, explaining what the club's about.
-Activity: Which is just a log of what members there are and a timeline of when they joined. Seems more like a kind of extension to the "members" section.
-Members: Which has a list of regular members and creator + club mods in another section (which it seems nice that there can be more than 1 person altering the club's info if needed).

Soooo is there interaction between club members at the clubs themselves and I just need to join to see where that is, or is it more like a subscription deal in some way, or how exactly do things operate with this model?

3 answers to this question

Thanks both. I think I figured it out. 
Aix's club isn't even visible from my end so I wouldn't even know it exists without these replies. That gave me the clue I needed.
I went for the "make a club" button...  which I should have gone for earlier now that I think of it....
So there's different privacy settings. 

There's the option to make the club not require membership to participate (which none of the current clubs have at the moment).
Then making the club appear and be open for membership but not show the activity unless you are a member.
Then making a club appear minus inside activity and without the option of membership.
And finally to make it fully off limits. Pretty much like a group PM, but with a full mini forum structure to it and controlling who gets to invite people.

I gotta say, I'm pressed by how unexpectedly spacious that sounds.

@Aix has setup a really in depth club with details etc

Perhaps he can help (I would provide a fully detailed explanation but I can’t be bothered to write out an explanation on a mobile phone ?)

Club is basically your own full forum p much and you can moderate it and restrict if it's members only and shit like that.