Sign in to follow this  
jabber2033

IRL Thunder Dragons

Finally got all the cards for this in the mail, so now I can use this deck.  Problem with building a new deck around Ban List season is you don't know how it would get hit.  My question now is, should I get the remaining two Colossus now, or wait?

Monsters: 25

3 Thunder Dragon

3 Thunder Dragondark

3 Thunder Dragonroar

3 Thunder Dragonhawk

3 Thunder Dragonmatrix

3 Aloof Lupine

2 Batteryman Solar

2 Effect Veiler

3 Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring

Spells: 13

3 Allure of Darkness

3 Instant Fusion

3 Called by the Grave

2 Thunder Dragon Fusion

1 Gold Sarcophagus

1 Monster Reborn

Traps: 2

2 Infinite Impermanence

Extra DecK: 15

3 Thunder Dragon Colossus

2 Thunder Dragon Titan

1 Kaminari Attack

1 Thousand-Eyes Restrict

2 Some Summer Summoner

1 Wee Witch's Apprentice

1 Knightmare Phoenix

1 Knightmare Unicorn

1 Summon Sorceress

1 Borreload Dragon

1 Borrelsword Dragon

A note on Impermanence: I got lucky and pulled one, and traded one of my spare Borrelswords I pulled for a second copy.  I'm not blowing $90 on a third when we're getting reprints in a couple months.

Edited by jabber2033

Not an expert so take my thoughts as a grain of salt:
- From what I have seen, some decks open with 2 Colossus. So I would suggest to get at least 1 more copy of it. Besides, I doubt they will drop a new banlist this recently, They did say not earlier than January, but it doesn't guarantee there will be one right after this month.
- Not really convinced of x3 Instant Fusion, personally. It sucks when you draw it in multiples due to the hard OPT. IMO give it a shot with x2.
- IDK if it's any good but I have seen some variant with Brilliant Fusion to Summon Prism-Aura then "evolve" it into Dragon Titan. If you got a Brilliant engine, it may be worth a shot.

Bit the bullet and ordered my Colossus pair this morning.

I'd rather see IF than not, and having it at 2 makes me see it less.  Yeah, it's annoying drawing multiples, but you've got Dragonhawk to fix your hand.

I do wanna try the Brilliant engine, and I have a playset of BF, but I don't have the Prism or Amber.  So Called is in its place for now.  Called might actually be better, just because the deck is somewhat vulnerable to Ash.

Deck updated for the January 28 Ban List and also post-Savage Strike.  

Aloof Lupine is really nice.  Certainly makes up for the loss of 2 Gold Sarc, though it kind of interferes with thunder-type summons a bit what with it being beast-type.  Wee Witch makes use of it though.  And a 3100 ATK Colossus is always nice to have.

Edited by jabber2033

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Sainz
      3 ash
      3 honest
      3 driitte
      2 erste
      3 sechste
      3 vierte
      2 zweite

2 celestial transformation
      1 final light
      2 fbg
      2 mischief
      1 reborn
      1 141
      3 indulgence
      3 ride
      3 valhalla

3 coth

fairy cheer
      utopia+lightning
      tornado
      borrelload+sword
      clara
      hiphoshingen
      knightmare package
      linkuri
      reproducus
      summon sorc
      topologic

i have no idea what im doing, casual deck.
    • By Thomas★Zero
      Extra: 15
      1 Elemental HERO Great Tornado
      1 Vision HERO Adoration
      1 Elemental HERO The Shining
      1 Elemental HERO Nova Master
      1 Elemental HERO Absolute Zero
      1 Vision HERO Trinity
      1 Elemental HERO Brave Neos
      1 Elemental HERO Neos Knight
      1 Elemental HERO Gaia
      1 Elemental HERO Steam Healer
      1 Saryuja Skull Dread
      1 Xtra HERO Dread Decimator
      1 Decode Talker
      1 Xtra HERO Wonder Driver
      1 Isolde, Two Tales of Noble Knights

Monsters: 16
      2 Elemental HERO Honest Neos
      2 Elemental HERO Neos
      1 Elemental HERO Stratos
      2 Elemental HERO Solid Solider
      2 Elemental HERO Blazeman
      2 Elemental HERO Shadow Mist
      2 Vision HERO Vyon
      2 Elemental HERO Bubbleman
      1 Elemental HERO Avian*

Spell: 16
      2 Polymerization
      2 Miracle Fusion
      2 Neos Fusion
      2 Instant Fusion
      2 E - Emergency Call
      2 Legacy of a HERO
      2 World Legacy Succession
      2 Warrior Returning Alive

Trap: 8
      2 Back to the Front
      2 Compulsory Evacuation Device
      2 Solemn Strike 
      2 Recall

*This card will be replaced for a second Stratos when Stratos goes to 2 in a future list where for now it will act as my second copy of a WIND HERO monster.

So this a aggro deck is focused on the Fusion Style of HERO's rather than using Masked HERO's where with the mass utility of Fusion cards enabling you to set up both your links and Fusion monsters where Adoration acts as a perfect fusion to utilize Solid Solider with Stratos as Adoration doesn't have an effect that triggers on summon meaning you can summon Stratos without missing timing on its effect. In addition with this mass number of Fusion Summoning and utilizing Fusion monsters as Link Material through these means like the previously mentioned Adoration using Solid Solider and with Steam Healer being summoned off Instant Fusion to be used as Link Material where this makes Legacy of a HERO more easily accessible for recycling in order to draw 3 more cards while you've got a Link monster set up. Lastly with Neos Fusion and the following Neos Fusions in this deck, Neos Fusion acts as a end of combo card (since it locks out your Special Summons for the rest of the turn) where after you set up your field with a Link monster, Neos Fusion can then get you a Brave Neos onto the field while allowing you to drop a Shadow Mist from your deck to the grave in order to search another HERO monster like Honest Neos.

Simply to put it with this deck its built for mass Fusion/Link spam while giving you great benefits from doing so e.g. getting Dread Decimator and Brave Neos on the field with a total of 7 different named HERO's in grave making their ATK's 3200 for Dread Decimator and 3900 for Brave Neos (700 from its own effect and 700 from Dread Decimator.)