borrelload+sword

clara

hiphoshingen

knightmare package

linkuri

reproducus

summon sorc

topologic

i have no idea what im doing, casual deck.

Edited by Angelica Farnaby

10 hours ago, Saiba Aisu said:

Tell us a bit more about the deck... Have you already tested it? What's your win condition? 

tbh if you dont know what valkyries do i dont really see how you can give valid advice, not to sound rude

21 hours ago, Angelica Farnaby said:

i have no idea what im doing

4 hours ago, Angelica Farnaby said:

tbh if you dont know what valkyries do i dont really see how you can give valid advice

Ever heard the phrase, "those who can't do, teach"? Joking aside, the section is called Deck/Archetype discussions. Being able to provide wanted information goes a long way towards discussion. A deck list (for those of us who are seeing the picture on a phone screen) also wouldn't hurt.

...in any case, I assume this is a turn 2 deck that aims to try to OTK with Mischief.  That said, Call of the Haunted feels a bit weak for that purpose. You could probably replace it with Phantazmay for extra draw power/tribute fodder.  Celestial Transformation looks unhelpful, but nothing immediatly comes to mind to replace it.. Maybe when I get on a computer I could find something that might be more immediately useful?

Edited by Tinkerer

3 hours ago, Tinkerer said:

Ever heard the phrase, "those who can't do, teach"? Joking aside, the section is called Deck/Archetype discussions. Being able to provide wanted information goes a long way towards discussion. A deck list (for those of us who are seeing the picture on a phone screen) also wouldn't hurt.

...in any case, I assume this is a turn 2 deck that aims to try to OTK with Mischief.  That said, Call of the Haunted feels a bit weak for that purpose. You could probably replace it with Phantazmay for extra draw power/tribute fodder.  Celestial Transformation looks unhelpful, but nothing immediatly comes to mind to replace it.. Maybe when I get on a computer I could find something that might be more immediately useful?

You run Call of the Haunted because when you activate Mischief, you jump to your next Battle Phase, allowing you to activate Traps, because of that it's basically a Spell Card in this deck. Also, Phantazmay is incongruent with the deck because you can't activate Mischief if you have a non-Valkyrie on the board, and you have no way to get rid of it, basically just blanking the best card in your deck for no real reason.  Also Celestial Transformation is ridiculous. You summon Dritte off Ride, search Erste and then drop Celestial and use Erste to get it huge and smack face.

1 hour ago, Angelica Farnaby said:

You run Call of the Haunted because when you activate Mischief, you jump to your next Battle Phase, allowing you to activate Traps, because of that it's basically a Spell Card in this deck. Also, Phantazmay is incongruent with the deck because you can't activate Mischief if you have a non-Valkyrie on the board, and you have no way to get rid of it, basically just blanking the best card in your deck for no real reason.  Also Celestial Transformation is ridiculous. You summon Dritte off Ride, search Erste and then drop Celestial and use Erste to get it huge and smack face.

CotH: Yes, you can use it alongside Time Goddess, but that is both a) assuming you'll have it and Time Goddess at the same time, and b) assumes that you'll have stuff in the Grave to revive. The deck doesn't look like it puts monsters in the GY that often, especially for a turn 2 push. On the other hand, Phantazmay works alongside Extravagance, giving you many more cards to work with and, again, it can be used as tribute fodder in the scenario that you have the level 5/6 in hand (which is pretty likely with the searchers and the extra draw power). If you're not a fan of Phantazmay, generic power cards might still be more helpful: Raigeki, Dark Hole, backrow removal etc.

Upon some looking, Transformation doesn't seem too bad as an extra extender.

Edited by Tinkerer

9 hours ago, Angelica Farnaby said:

tbh if you dont know what valkyries do i dont really see how you can give valid advice, not to sound rude

I know what they do, I just haven't played them myself. I wasn't asking you to explain the card effects, just your win condition and how the deck has been playing for you (win-loss ratio, dead hand ratio, performance depending on certain common match-ups). The Goddess Continuous Spell Cards (which you seem to have edited out from your original post), seem a bit clunky. Intentions aside, you did indeed come off as rude. I'll leave you to it.

Edited by Saiba Aisu