Sign in to follow this  
TheLegalNinja

Crossflare, The Dragun

Attribute: Fire

LV: 8

Type: Machine/Effect

ATK:2000/DEF:1200

Cannot Be Normal Summoned/Set, Must First be Special Summoned by sending the top 5 Cards of your Deck to GY (You can only control 1 “Crossflare, The Dragun”). Equip up to two monsters send by this effect, This can ATK equal to half of the Combined ATK of the equipped monsters. This can make up to two attacks during each battle phase. If this card were to destroyed by battle or card effect: You can (Quick Effect), negate the Attack or Effect and if you, destroy that card. When this card is sent to GY: Shuffle all card sent to the GY by this card’s effect into the decl, then draw 2 cards. You can only use each effect of “Crossflare, The Dragun” Once Per Turn

NOTE: I was inspired by some cards in Future Card, Buddyfight

I think I would probably consider splitting this one card into like three different cards, because there's some interesting ideas here but all of its effects when put together make the card pretty busted. 

The first thing is, milling five cards for a cost isn't really a 'cost' in modern Yu-Gi-Oh. Many decks are able to use the Graveyard almost like a second hand, so its basically like you're dropping a free monster on board and setting up your Graveyard for later combos. That by itself would be pretty good, but then on top of that you are able to use two monsters (and chances are you will mill at least two monsters most the time) to boost this thing's effect and turn it into a pretty heavy beater. Even if you only equip to monsters with a humble 1000 ATK each, this card is gonna go up to 3000 ATK. Best case scenario, you'd either get a huge beater and/or you equip monsters that get their effects off when they are sent to the Graveyard, which will work when they get sent there from being equipped.

So, already you have a free big monster on board that goes +2 with its equip effect, then while it's on the field it can attack twice. You probably want to reconsider this, because if it could just attack two monsters, that would be one thing, but the fact it can attack flat-out twice, including two direct attacks basically makes almost an easy OTK. Remember, chances are it's going to have a huge attack. Not to mention the fact it also has a built in one-off destruction immunity, so your opponent basically has to try and kill this thing twice in one turn (well, to be fair, there are other ways around this too). 

The bit about the card shuffling cards back into the deck is something, but a quick game mechanic note is that the monsters equipped by its own effect no longer exist in the Graveyard, therefore they wouldn't be shuffled back, even if they are sent there again. But, the fact you can then draw 2 cards on top of all that is pretty crazy. I mean that's huge card advantage right there. Cards like Pot of Greed and Pot of Avarice are banned, and this is basically like those but on legs, on top of already being easy to summon, setting up the Graveyard, going +2 on Summon, having a huge ATK, attacking twice, and having built-in protection. If nothing else, I'd probably recommend removing the draw effect the most. 

So, if you want to make a balanced card (of course if you actually wanted to make a really OP card, then ignore me), I'd probably recommend trimming down the effects and/or also potentially making it harder to summon. Like I said though, there are genuinely interesting ideas here, like I think a monster that mills and then equips from those mills on Summon would be a pretty cool concept on its own actually (but not mills as a cost, definitely make it mills as an effect imo). But all together its a little crazy. Generally, I think when you make a card its best to start with the options "Huge ATK - Good Effect - Easy to Summon," then you choose up to two of those. This has all three of those and more.

Agreed with most of the above. This thing does a lot of good stuff on its own, and all these sweet effects in a single package is asking for trouble: easy Special Summon even for ED Summon fodder, mill set-up, can equip and consequently trigger floaters, can reach beating stats, nets you 2 draws once it's gone and as if that wasn't enough, it gets to attack twice. Just using it as fodder alone is bound to net you multiple pluses. Really, just remove like at least 2 effects and it should be fine, and if you keep the draw effect, make it only draw 1.