Sign in to follow this  
Sleepy

Kuribohulder

Kuribohulder
LIGHT Level 1 [Rock/Effect] 300/200

Your opponent cannot attack monsters you control, except this one.
This card is unaffected by monster effects from monster effect that have not battled with it.
If a player takes battle damage from a battle involving this card: After damage calculation, you can gain LP equal to the damage.

- - - -

Just a classical protection card. You need to find ways to protect it from battle destruction and to put it on the field, but it either cancels out the damage you take (provided you don't die from it first) and can also give you more LP if you happen to be the one damaging the opponent with it. Also, it's effect protection ought to be a little annoying xD

It's a cute card idea, I think the the fact the opponent has to battle it before its monster can affect it is a pretty unique immunity. Especially if you have two of these things on the field somehow, it'd be like that classic Solar Flare Dragon combo, well except without the burn. I wondered why its other effect isn't simply "Battle damage you take with this card is 0," though that being said one thing you could do, is Creature Swap this, then attack it with some big monster, then since it goes to your GY when its effect activates, that means you'd deal big damage to your opponent and gain LP off of it. I think that's how it'd work out, anyway. 

Another LIGHT/Rock, huh xD
On its own it doesn't really stand out over the other Kuribohs, but with 2 copies on board it becomes the aforementioned softlock, and as Level 1 it gets more support than Flare Dragon. Also it's another Kuriboh name for Kuribohrn, and that's something. IDK if it benefits from the Rock Type. Block Dragon can search it but you would need to complete with a Level 7 Rock, or 2 Rocks whose total Levels are equal to 7.
The card looks alright to me.

17 hours ago, weeb said:

It's a cute card idea, I think the the fact the opponent has to battle it before its monster can affect it is a pretty unique immunity. Especially if you have two of these things on the field somehow, it'd be like that classic Solar Flare Dragon combo, well except without the burn. I wondered why its other effect isn't simply "Battle damage you take with this card is 0," though that being said one thing you could do, is Creature Swap this, then attack it with some big monster, then since it goes to your GY when its effect activates, that means you'd deal big damage to your opponent and gain LP off of it. I think that's how it'd work out, anyway. 

Somehow I hadn't thought about how strong the lock could be with the effect immunity that now can't be undone xD

The part about the damage nullification is that, well, I admit that 0 damage is of course more effective than my current version that takes in the damage and then replenishes it, but so long as it isn't a game-ending blow it'll serve the same purpose, on top of being support for effects that want LP gain, and it also gives you LP when your opponent takes battle damage from it. 

On the last bit, sadly no. The game's battle steps have players take the damage before they destroy the monsters by battle and send them to the graveyard. If you Creature Swapped it, the opponent would get its LP gain before it went out of the field. ^^"

13 hours ago, Darj said:

Another LIGHT/Rock, huh xD
On its own it doesn't really stand out over the other Kuribohs, but with 2 copies on board it becomes the aforementioned softlock, and as Level 1 it gets more support than Flare Dragon. Also it's another Kuriboh name for Kuribohrn, and that's something. IDK if it benefits from the Rock Type. Block Dragon can search it but you would need to complete with a Level 7 Rock, or 2 Rocks whose total Levels are equal to 7.
The card looks alright to me.

It technically has "Catapult Zone" and "Rock Bombardment" as Foolish Burial-like cards.... or "Doki Doki" but I can't think of Level 1 Rocks as a very common combination xD
The card wants to encourage the Battle Phase and removal by generics like old school, rather than a readily available Extra Deck or boss monster for a theme. That is unless you are playing against Sky Strikers... those can search Spell removal.