Transmutation Cards

Originally posted card in spoiler

Spoiler

Transmutation Cards
Spell
Reveal 1 Spellcaster monster in your hand.  Apply the appropriate effect:
- Level 6 or lower: Draw 1 card.
- Level 7+: Draw 2 cards.
Shuffle the revealed monster into your Deck.  You can only activate 1 "Transmutation Cards" per turn.

Just another draw card for Spellcasters.  Not much else to say about it.

Transmutation Cards
Quick-Play Spell
Reveal 1 Spellcaster monster in your hand; apply the appropriate effect, then shuffle that monster from your hand into the Deck (if possible).
- Level 6 or lower: Draw 1 card.
- Level 7+: Draw 2 cards.
You can only activate 1 "Transmutation Cards" per turn.

Ok, so this was the version of the card that had originally popped into my head.  For the most part, it's largely the same as the one I posted, but there are a couple key differences that make this one a bit stronger.  First, it being quick-play softens the HOPT without making it pointless.  More importantly though, this one is much more apparent how you can bypass the minusing aspect of it.  You can chain cards to this one to move/summon the revealed monster.  If you do, you gain the draw(s) without losing the monster.  This aspect is still very niche, but combining with its quick-play nature, it allows for some random interactions like using this card to reveal and chain Effect Veiler or using this to trigger Magician of Dark Illusion for 2 free draws.

There are definitely still ways to tweak this, but I like the happy medium it's reached here, even if it still isn't a top tier card.

Edited by Tinkerer

Kinda meh, IMO. The Level 6 or lower option is a -1, and the other is a Trade-in, but Spellcasters already have 2 draw power cards in Spellbook of Knowledge and Wonder Wand so IDK why you would want to give them more draw power.
I find it a bit awkward that it shuffles the monster afterwards but I can get it's to avoid losing the card advantage if the card/effect i negated, and to eliminate the chances of drawing into the same card you put back. Still, it can look more neat if you re-write it as:
Reveal 1 Spellcaster monster in your hand; apply the appropriate effect, then shuffle that monster into the Deck.

Thanks for the wording fix. That was originally how I was going to write it actually, but I wasn't actually sure because it would kinda be read out of chronological order.

As for the effect, yeah. Your statement was kinda why I didn't have much to say about it. The difference between this and the other draw spells is that you don't actually have to commit any resources to the board to get the draw(s). Admittedly, it is still pretty niche; I'd kinda debuffed it before posting, but the "full power" one isn't that much better. I'll post the original version with the text fixes when I get on a computer.

Thanks!