Sign in to follow this  
Thomas★Zero

Xtra HERO Cross Converter

Xtra HERO Cross Converter
LIGHT
Link: DR
Warrior/Link/Effect
1 "HERO" non-Link Monster
During the turn this card was Link Summoned, you cannot Special Summon monsters except "HERO" monsters. When this card is Link Summoned: add 1 "Polymerization" or "Fusion" Spell Card from your deck to your hand. (Quick Effect): you can banish this card from your GY; target 1 "HERO" Fusion monster you control, return the targeted card to the Extra Deck, then, Special Summon 2 "HERO" monsters with different names from your GY. You can only activate each effect of "Xtra HERO Cross Converter" once per turn.
ATK/500 LINK-1

So Cross Coverter is a Link 1 HERO that searches your Fusion Spells for them and can also act as a Defusion from the grave which then locks you into only summoning HERO's from your Extra Deck. Ideally this card can work both for Fusion and Link plays as with its Defusion effect it allows you to then get more monsters to use as Link Material after you Fusion Summoned a monster.

Edited by Thomas★Zero

Pretty cool idea for a card. The ability to search for any given "Fusion" card is pretty strong, considering it gives you easy access to things like "Brilliant Fusion" or "Miracle Synchro Fusion," which could get pretty degenerate depending on what else you're playing.. I do like how it functions as a De-Fusion for your HERO monsters, that's a nice touch.

23 hours ago, Saiba Aisu said:

Pretty cool idea for a card. The ability to search for any given "Fusion" card is pretty strong, considering it gives you easy access to things like "Brilliant Fusion" or "Miracle Synchro Fusion," which could get pretty degenerate depending on what else you're playing.. I do like how it functions as a De-Fusion for your HERO monsters, that's a nice touch.

Thanks for the comment where I made the slight edit to the Defusion effect where it instead just summons any 2 "HERO" monsters with different names just to make it a bit user friendly.

2 hours ago, Thomas★Zero said:

Thanks for the comment where I made the slight edit to the Defusion effect where it instead just summons any 2 "HERO" monsters with different names just to make it a bit user friendly.

Ah.. So you made it even stronger by removing the restriction on the summoned monsters having to be previously used as Fusion Materials? Haha. Now it’s almost like a monster reborn on drugs!

40 minutes ago, Saiba Aisu said:

Ah.. So you made it even stronger by removing the restriction on the summoned monsters having to be previously used as Fusion Materials? Haha. Now it’s almost like a monster reborn on drugs!

Still note that this effect still locks you into only being able to summon HERO's from your Extra Deck during the turn you activate this effect while your also returning a Fusion on the field back to the Extra Deck so it should be okay.

This is not okay. Turns any HERO into a Poly/Fusion Spell searcher. That can be abused by searching the aforementioned Brilliant Fusion and the different Miracle Fusions, even in non-HERO decks.
The GY effect is a bit too flexible for my tastes by being able to revive any HEROes even if they weren't used as material at all, or revive a non-nomi HERO Fusion. The stun on Special Summon of only HEROes is barely a balance factor: if you use it during the opponent's turn, most likely you won't be summoning any other monsters afterwards anyway, and if you do, it's most likely a Masked HERO; if you use it during your turn, then you are going for an OTK for extra damage after battling with the Fusion, and thus the stun is meaningless.

Edited by Darj

18 minutes ago, Darj said:

This is not okay. Turns any HERO into a Poly/Fusion Spell searcher. That can be abused by searching the aforementioned Brilliant Fusion and the different Miracle Fusions, even in non-HERO decks.
The GY effect is a bit too flexible for my tastes by being able to revive any HEROes even if they weren't used as material at all, or revive a non-nomi HERO Fusion. The stun on Special Summon of only HEROes is barely a balance factor: if you use it during the opponent's turn, most likely you won't be summoning any other monsters afterwards anyway, and if you do, it's most likely a Masked HERO; if you use it during your turn, then you are going for an OTK for extra damage after battling with the Fusion, and thus the stun is meaningless.

Made modification to the HERO Lock to when its link summoned and made it for any Special Summon which should help block out the whole brilliant Fusion abuse.

3 hours ago, Darj said:

Yeah... This is more or less the point I was trying to make. This is pretty degenerate considering how easy it is to summon.