BlackLynx3

NCM Text Issue.

Question

So, I use Neo New Card Maker to make cards, but as of recently, I've been having issues with typing any corrections to typos or mistakes without it immediately going to the end of what I typed every time I press a key. This hasn't happened to me before and i don't know why it's happening now. I don't know how to correct it either and reloading the page does not work. If you're not sure what I am talking about, I can post a short clip of my issue here.

I'd appreciate some help with rectifying this, I think I may have unwittingly done something and it's stuck on some stupid setting.

7 answers to this question

It was indeed an issue with React, which got fixed in version 16.8.3 (released on 21-02-2019). Maybe you need to clear your cache to trigger a download of the new version.

Tried to look into the cause of the issue, but it would no longer occur for me. Which made me curious as to why. So I took a look at the network tab of the developers' console. There I saw that the request for React got redirected to version 16.8.3 (the application requests version 16). So I headed over to the site that hosts it to see when this version was last modified: 26-10-1985... which I found to be unlikely. So I headed over to GitHub where they keep better track of release dates. GitHub indicated this version released on 21-02-2019 (about the time you commented on the issue), where this specific issue was among the patch notes.

Recently encountered said issue myself as well, so I know what you are referring to. The latest update of the cardmaker only dealt with CSS (stuff that relates to the appearance of the application), so I don't know what is causing it (yet).

Considering the issue also occurs with older versions of the application, I'd have to guess it involves one of the dependencies (most likely React). This suspicion needs to be confirmed though.

Could be. I can still make cards with few other problems, but if and when you do have a solution, please keep me posted.

I don't think text normally works like that, so it's annoying yet slightly funny at the same time.

Oh! That's actually really informative and helpful. I'll try to clear my cache if it's not fixed already, might solve the problem I'm having.

Thanks for your research into this, I quite appreciate it.