Sign in to follow this  
Tinkerer

Desert Hawk

Desert Canyon Eagle
EARTH ****
Winged Beast/Effect
Once per turn, you can activate this effect: Return this card you control to your hand; until the End Phase, your opponent cannot activate Trap Cards.  During the Damage Step, when an EARTH monster you control is targeted for an attack (Quick Effect): You can send this card from your hand to the GY; change that monster to defense position and it gains DEF equal to the ATK of the attacking monster until the end of this turn.  Any battle damage your opponent takes from that battle is doubled.
1300/1200

An EARTH Honest that is a bit more specific and doesn't kill the opponent's monster, but hits WAY harder to compensate.  Name (and the main part of the effect) is a conglomerate of the gun Desert Eagle, and the cards Desert Sunlight, and Canyon.  As a bit of an afterthought to tie the "Eagle" part in, I made its statline and return to hand effect connect to the old card Eagle Eye.  Honestly, I really like how it turned out.

Text fix suggestion:
You can return this card from your field to the hand; your opponent cannot activate Trap Cards, until the End Phase. During the Damage Step, when an EARTH monster you control is attacked (Quick Effect): You can send this card from your hand to the GY; change that monster to face-up Defense Position, also it gains DEF equal to the ATK of the attacking monster until the end of this turn. Any battle damage your opponent takes from that battle is doubled.

Removed the OPT clause on first effect since it is kinda redundant because if you get it on board again you can use the effect again anyway. The condition of the second effect was simplified a bit, too.

Regarding the effect, looks fine outside of Canyon Aztec Fairy Box OTKs. As stated in the opening post, it's an Honest for EARTHs that also assists in breaking through backrow. My only gripe is that its hand trap effect cannot support Links, but I guess it's fine if it doesn't. IDK if it would be fine to make the 2nd effect more flexible and leave it as a Quick Effect, for combos with a handful of monster that rely on position changes, such as the Nordic black Goat and Geargiarmor.