Saikazo

Outcasts of the Spider-Verse (OOC/PG-13/Accepting)

Title.png

OP- 「REALiZE」- LiSA
ED- Heroes - Brian the Sun

Across the multiverse, there are millions of Spider-People, each one going through their own life experiences. Each life makes an universe, and each universe weaves itself into a greater multiverse. A web of lives, one that is delicate yet well protected. However, thanks to the meddling of a super collider in Earth-1610 and of a wizard in Earth-199999, the fabric of reality has been slowly torn.

Things from one universe are finding themselves in other universes. Such holes in reality may lead to a complete collapse of the multiverse. To combat this, the Spider-Man of the future, Spider-Man 2099, has assembled an elite strike force to handle the problem.

You are not part of that strike force.

No, for one reason or another, you were rejected. And yet, you have a role to play.

Unbeknownst to the elite strike force, an ancient and powerful artifact known as the Master Spider had been shattered. Its pieces have been scattered across several dimensions, and even in this shattered state, causes chaos in that dimension. So now, you, along with a ragtag team of other Spider-People, all must travel the Multiverse under the guidance of the mysterious Madam Web to make sure the Master Spider is reassembled... and does not fall into the hands of evil.

Just so you all know, movie knowledge is not needed, and this will not spoil the latest movie. I'm just using it as a backdrop.

Application

Spoiler

feel free to do whatever with this app skeleton, just make sure to include the information listed here in your finished product. We've been rping together for like, what, 7 years now? I trust you guys, lol. Except you Kibiro. Maybe stick with this for now.

Name: Whatever they go by
Appearance: Either images or description is adequate. Whichever way you go, include height measurements, since they are crucial to forming mental images.
Personality:
History:  Not all Spiders have the exact same origin, even if there are similar key beats. What history does your Spider have? Be sure to include your universe number!
Special Abilities: Not all Spiders have the same abilities. Not even things like wall crawling are a given. They might not have even gotten their power from the same source. Is it a symbiote? Magic? Tech? What makes your Spider like the others? What makes them different?
Miscellaneous: Anything else you want to include, place them here.

Edited by Saikazo

There I am, Turn the Page

Spoiler

"Okay...just going to say it...I know you guys are saying 'Multi Threader', but there's a hyphen in the middle there...and it just bothers me. Grammar is important!"

Personal Information
Name:
Marcus Mattox
Hero Name: Multi-Threader
Designated Universe: Earth-2294
Appearance:

Spoiler

ETnfD8W.png

Made with Picrew

Height: 5'9"

Personality:

Spoiler

Marcus is a writer and usually spends most of his time writing away at his desk, and he is always constantly searching for inspiration for his own stories. Because of this, he is prone to asking a lot of questions to someone new he meets, hoping that the answers will spark new ideas in his head. Besides his writer tendencies, Marcus is a kind-hearted and loyal individual who is always there to lend a hand. Along with this, he has a habit of being quite sarcastic and loves to make jokes, if only to lighten the mood or even to poke fun at the baddies with his quips. His reasoning is that "it makes the bad guys talk more...ya know, monologue", which also tends to cause the opponent to slip or trip up in their movements and such (unless they have an amazingly focused mind).

He does have a slight flaw: he still blames himself for the death of his father, even though he himself couldn't do anything to prevent it. Part of him still thinks that he could've stopped this...that he could've found a way to prevent it. Naturally, he uses this as a driving factor to try and make sure no one else goes through what he went through. Marcus has the power, so it's his responsibility to make sure everyone is protected. This doesn't mean they all do...and this will sometimes weigh heavily on his mind. He'll be quick assume responsibility and guilt for anything that happens in his presence. He's trying to learn to not have this happen, but it's easier said than done when you're a Spider-Person.

History:

Spoiler

BGM

"Who am I? You sure you want to know? Alright then, let's start at the beginning, one last time. Same story, different beats. My name is Marcus Mattox. I solved an ancient tablet and got bit by a mystical spider, and for the last four years I've been New York's one and only Spider-Man Multi-Threader! Pretty sure the rest of the narrative you know, or at least the broad strokes of it. Became Anansi's ambassador, became a superhero, lost my dad, saved a bunch of people, saved the city...quite a few times actually, fell in love...uh...she's on the wrong side of the law currently...hopefully that'll change, wrote a book...well...attempting to write a book. Hey, you try and juggle being an aspiring writer while also being a protector of the city and tell me how easy it is! Ahem...anyway, even though I have to juggle the career I'm chasing and being a spider-based hero, I wouldn't trade it for the world. After all, I'm the only thing standing between New York and the ever oncoming threats that rear their ugly heads. It's my story that I've been blessed with...and I'm going to see it through to it's final chapter!"

The FULL Story Here

Spoiler

Marcus Mattox was born off the coast of New York City to a strange family. His father, Douglas Mattox, was an archaeologist whilst his mother, Laurel Mattox, was a famous writer. They would travel the world together in search of new archaeological dig sites and even where there was a great inspiration for stories. Though because of this, he didn't have any solid friends due to the fact that his family was always moving from site to site. Of course he did have friends from around the world and even his younger brother Terry Mattox, but he always felt alone.

However, by the time Marcus turned fifteen, his family was called out to the plains of Ghana. From what they were informed, there was a stone slab that was brought to a nearby village that depicted a strange spider-like creature, though standing like a man. When the family began to ask questions and research the inscriptions on the stone slab, they could only get one word: Anansi. Marcus, a bookworm, realized that this was referring to the African folklore spider who captured three creatures in order to bring forth stories to the world from Nyame, who made him the god of stories. The pure fact that this would refer to the spider intrigued Marcus.

The family was stumped on this Anansi slab that the Mattox boys and their mother finally returned to New York, whilst his father remained. It wasn't long before his father returned with the slab and brought it to his office at the New York City Museum of Natural History. Douglas told Marcus that try as he might, he couldn’t translate the slab nor the dialect that was used in the inscriptions. Douglas believed it might’ve been created by the Akan people, due to there being a mixture of different dialects in it as well as that being the origin place of the Anansi myth, however this wasn’t the case. Every single translation he worked with ended up making zero sense nor ended up making any reference to the spider god. Feeling defeated, Douglas figured he’d just bring it back to the states in order to work at it at his leisure.

While researching what this slab truly said and even trying to find out how he could tie this into a story, Marcus found out something interesting. He took notice that the “Anansi Slab” was definitely something similar to something the Akan people would write, however it wasn’t. It was more than just the different dialects, but it was a general cipher that was written in the style of quite a number of different styles of ciphers. Substitution cipher dealing with plaintext and ciphertext, something like this he had seen in a few stories that he had read before. Marcus could never figure out if this was by pure coincidence about him remembering this from the books he read a long time ago, or if this was some sort of divine intervention. Regardless, with this knowledge, Marcus was determined to decipher this encryption left by whoever wrote the “Anansi Slab”. Every waking moment for the good side of a year, Marcus dedicated whatever time he had to deciphering the slab and the strange cipher, along with researching more about the area of Ghana where the slab was found. This of course gave rise to some information he found out about quite a number of cultures in the Akan, where some occasions were those of man that became like spiders. This intrigued Marcus and it only pushed him further in wanting to figure out what this meant.

It was a grueling time, but nearly a year later working at the “Anansi Slab”, Marcus deciphered the cipher: “Betrayed by the Sky God, cast into a deep slumber. Brought back to the world by your cunning trickster ways, awakened to pass your stories to the next generation: Anansi”. He read this aloud to himself, but noticed something strange from the slab. There was a spider crawling out from the slab, so of course Marcus disposed of it. But where there was one, there were two. And from where there were two...three...then four...and many, many more. This freaked the young man out quite a bit, making him want to dispose of them all as he went and reached out to grab something to kill the countless spiders, especially when one bit him right on his hand. “Storyteller...Are you the one who freed me from my prison and my slumber?” Marcus began to hear a ghostly voice, seeing the spiders now moving away from his feet and began to swirl together and began to take the form of a man, creating an embodiment of a spider-like man, Anansi. The embodiment of the storyteller god asked his question once more, prompting Marcus to nod in response to this. This was where Anansi began to tell his story to the young man and it was here that Marcus learned quite a number of things.

Every single story and myth that Anansi was a part of, they were true. But the one he was most intrigued with was the obvious myth and legend that everyone knew: Nyame’s stories. He captured the hornet, snake, leopard and even fairy for Nyame in order to get his stories. Once the stories were in his possession, he spun a web and gave it to the world, which was a strange move but it was what he did. But it continued, especially with Anansi becoming Nyame’s messenger as a blessing due to him allowing Nyame to know the inner-thoughts of him. That is where the story took an unforeseen turn that Marcus wasn’t expecting in the slightest. Whether it was due to his crafty trickster nature or because Nyame no longer required him, the Sky-God proceeded to put Anansi into a deep slumber. During this, however, Anansi proposed a challenge: if he could find someone worthy, then he would be released from his slumber and dwell on the Earth yet again. This is where the "Anansi Slab" came into being, a challenge and puzzle created by Anansi himself to find the one who was worthy to receive his power. He explained to Marcus that while he wasn't the first to find the slab, he was the first to actually solve it. Others had tried but only used brawn to crack its contents, resulting in quite a number of those of man becoming like spiders, like Marcus had looked into.

It was strange that this would be the case of Anansi's life story, but Marcus knew that in all stories, there were different perspectives. The people who were given the tale of Anansi only got one end of the story, not the whole picture. Nevertheless, he found worthiness and favor with Anansi for solving his challenge, which begged the question: what power was he to receive? With that, Anansi simply smiled and extended his hand, "You...you are to be an influential storyteller. Quite the legacy of stories weaved into your bones I sense. This power and gift I present to you, it will change your life, but if you are willing to accept it from this humble storyteller, you will be my ambassador to this world". Hesitant, Marcus accepted this and shook him with the hand that he received the bite on, to which in horror the spiders began to crawl upon his hand and into his bite. Anansi would only reassure him that these spiders, like him, were of magical and mystical origin, thus would not harm their new host, saying: "You shall be our home...our hive, storyteller". Before he knew it, he was alone in the museum office with the slab and a newfound bite on his hand. A hallucination perhaps, right?

However over the next few days after this encounter, Marcus would notice strange happenings to him. More and more spiders appeared in places, things sticking to him...it was weird. It wasn't too long before he realized that it wasn't a hallucination, but reality: Anansi had gifted him with power and made his body a home and gave it to these mystical spiders. Now, Marcus had within him these spiders given to him by Anansi...so what to do now?

The answer was obvious: become a superhero, at least according to Terry. The two designed the outfit and some gadgets (thanks to his tech-wiz of a younger brother) and he became the hero known as "Multi-Threader". He began to, in a sense, create his own story - "The Tale of the Multi-Threader". However, things would soon come to hit home closer than he would’ve ever thought. On a specific night, after a few weeks of being Multi-Threader, Marcus came home a bit later than he was supposed to, though he came to a sight that he never wanted to see. Police and caution tape around his home, his mother and brother in tears. They tried to keep him from going into the house, but Marcus pushed through, learning then and there that his father was the victim of a home invasion…he protected his mother and brother, but in the process… Rage filled every fiber of his body, already rushing away from the scene in a hurry, the moment he overheard the police radio saying they had visuals on the perpetrators. Tonight, they’d be taught a lesson by the costumed teen and he was already losing control with it. The perpetrators were broken, battered, bruised…but alive. But to Marcus, he wanted to end their lives…a life for a life, the phrase went. But he couldn’t pull himself to go across that line, it’s not what his father would’ve wanted. The same time, he felt like he had all these powers but couldn’t do anything to stop this…he felt like a failure, especially towards his younger brother.

Days later, Marcus would find a letter addressed to him from his late father while going through his things in order to sort it. It was mainly for him when he turned eighteen, but Marcus had to know what his father’s last words practically were. The words he read cut him deeply. “Son, I couldn’t be more proud of the young man you’ve turned out to be. I know you’ll only grow more into the man I wish I could’ve been. Just remember, even when you have that first taste of fame with your very first published book…to use what you have for the benefit of others. There’s a saying my father once told me and it’s stuck with me to this day: with great power, comes great responsibility. I love you Marc”. It caused Marcus to look at everything differently…knowing that he had this power to do something good, he knew this…but he needed to make sure something like this didn’t happen to anyone else.

Years would pass and Marcus would grow, just as his father said he would, into a man that he was to become. Now at age twenty, Marcus and the Multi-Threader have devoted everything to protect the citizens of New York from the slew of villains and costumed freaks that have descended on his turf. Whether it be the the four Totems of the Spirits Anansi sealed away those many years ago, or the occasional space creep…one thing’s for certain: New York will always have it’s one and only Multi-Threader to combat whatever threat rears its ugly head.

Special Abilities:

Spoiler

Marcus exhibits generally the normal abilities found in Spider-Man of Earth-616:

• Spider Physiology
  • Wall-Crawling
  • Spider-Sense
  • Superhuman Speed
  • Superhuman Strength
  • Superhuman Agility

However, unlike the Spider-Man of 616, Marcus has another set of powers:

• Living Hive
    The ability to turn one’s body into a living hive to house creatures in a symbiotic nature. This ability and power was bestowed upon Marcus by way of Anansi after solving the “Anansi Slab”, to house a large number of magical and mystical spiders. With this ability, the spiders have found a way to burrow into his bones, making them hollow inside while still being strong enough to support Marcus. Because of their mystical properties, they imbue their host with enhanced strength and speed when they aren’t being called.

• Arachnid Manipulation
    The ability to control different types of arachnids, however this only applies to the spiders that are housed within Marcus’s body, as they have formed a psionic link between one another.

Not part of his spider powers, but Marcus himself:

• Gifted Intellect
  • Polyglot (Currently knows Spanish, Latin, Italian, Japanese, African dialects)

Equipment:

Spoiler

The Multi-Threader Suit
image.png

A simple suit that was the combined creation between Marcus and his brother Terry. They went with the style to have it fit the origin of his powers, this being taken from African culture, in the wraps, sash, shin guards and even the sandals. The poncho and hoodie combo was a Marcus original design, wanting to keep in theme with the aesthetic but also have some style.

It comes with a pair of Web-Shooters, which unlike normal Web-Shooters, utilize the spiders Marc houses. These wrist-mounted devices allow for the spiders to enter it and power the devices. Using the natural webbing the spiders have, mixing with a "web fluid" based concoction that Terry created, they'll fire off strands of this webbing at high pressure and speeds.

Miscellaneous Information
Marcus' Theme | Spider-Theme

• Marcus, a name with Latin origins, meaning "Dedicated to Mars". Mattox, a name with English origins, meaning "Son of Madoc".
  • Marcus' text hex is: #c0392b/Pale Red.
  • He has an editorial title, the Magnificent Multi-Threader.
  • Marcus had the opportunity to train with Earth-2294's Sorcerer Supreme, Stephen Strange, due to his power's mystical origins. However that was short lived as, according to Marcus: "The guy was very strict when teaching anything in the Mystic Arts, plus he hated how I utilized tech with my powers. Nice guy though".
  • Marcus speaking in full phrases in any of the four other languages he knows will be denoted by these: <Spanish>, -Latin-, (Italian), /Japanese\, |African dialects|.
  • The Title for this app is in reference to the Bob Seger song: Turn the Page.
  • This is the third iteration of this character. The original version of this character originally debuted in “Teen Titans: Twilight of the Gods”. In this, he was named Benjmain O'Hara and was simply known as the alias of “Arachnid”. The second iteration was in "My Hero Academia: Beyond Max Omega", in which the powers didn't come from Anansi, but it did give him the psychic link between Benjamin and the spiders he has housed within him. With everything I've learned between the two iterations, they've mixed into what this version is.
Edited by Chaos Sonic

Spider-Kick! WIP

Spoiler

Name: David Driver, Spider Rider!
Appearance:

Spoiler

kamen_raida_supaida_by_thechamba_d86bhzo

Personality:

Spoiler

History:

Spoiler

Special Abilities: 

Spoiler

Unlike most Spider-Men, David wasn't bitten by a radioactive spider. All his powers come from his suit. With the cry of "Henshin!" and a slap of his web bracelet, he becomes Spider-Rider! His suit gives him the standard set of powers one thinks of when it comes to Spider-Man.

• Super Strength
  • Wall Crawling
  • Enhanced Speed

In addition, it creates web fluid for him on the fly. However, he is noticeably missing a Spider-Sense.

Without his suit, he has no powers. He does, however, still has great responsibility.

He also has a few things that most other Spider-Men don't, such as

• A motorcycle that can shoot webs and climb walls.
  • A black bottle that he refuses to use unless he absolutely has to.

Miscellaneous: Anything else you want to include, place them here.

Edited by Saikazo

Toxic

Spoiler

notjojo.png

Name: Joan Joanna Jameson/Spider-Girl (Earth-8022)

Appearance:

Spoiler

1649970_sKE9Pr8K.png

made using Picrew
Height: 5'8"

The Suit...

Spoiler

spider-girl_suit.png

Spider-Girl's suit was designed with consideration for both her abilities and her world. A gas mask was deemed a necessity, of course, and the hood is made of materials resistant to acid rain, just in case. The suit itself bears this resistance too, to an extent, but if exposed to acids for too long, it will eventually start to disintegrate. Mounted on each arm is a venom injector, a device designed by Peter Parker that allows Spider-Girl to shoot a blast of her paralytic venom directly into an enemy via jet injection. Additionally, stored in a belt on her thigh are metal syringes designed to automatically inject their contents once the needle pierces something.

Joanna came up with the general design, and let Peter handle the finer details, such as the spider emblem on the chest and the web-like patterns prevalent across the suit. The belt is a remnant from an early version of the costume in which Joanna wanted the syringes to be holstered on her waist instead of her thigh, despite Peter's objections. One web-swinging accident later that saw Joanna injected with her own venom, she quickly gave in to Peter's insistence on a thigh belt instead.

Personality:

Spoiler

Overbearing in demeanor, stubborn in her beliefs, and unflinching in the face of adversity, Joanna is very much her father's daughter. Although she has a friendly, humorous attitude in social situations, when it comes to work, Joanna is a girl with a no-nonsense, rest-when-you're-dead work ethic. If she's got a job to do, she makes damn sure she does it, and does it to the best of her ability. Between this and the high value she places on punctuality, if somebody needs something done, getting Joanna to do it is almost a surefire way to guarantee it'll get done, and fast. However, if something goes wrong, she's likely to blame herself, even if there's no way the fault could be linked to her.

Joanna also prides herself on her personal toughness, and did so even before becoming Spider-Girl. And true to her boasting, Joanna's an incredibly resilient girl, both physically and emotionally. She can be brought down just like anyone else, but keeping her down is leagues more difficult. Alas, this extends to not just Joanna herself, but her beliefs as well; although she's got a good head on her shoulders and a heart in the right place, she is incredibly stubborn. She insists on doing things her own way, and getting her to compromise will seldom be as simple as merely asking nicely. While this does mean it's all but impossible to tempt her down a path of evil, it can also make her difficult to work with in coordinated efforts if she doesn't like the plan. This stubborn sticking to her beliefs also means that the values she holds dear reflect well in her personality: Punctuality, professionalism, honesty, and integrity. If nothing else, one can expect these qualities from Joanna as a baseline.

History:

Spoiler

"One last time, from the top. I'm J. Joanna Jameson, Daily Bugle. I was bitten by a chemically-enhanced spider, and for the last five years, I've been the one and only Spider-Girl. You can pretty much guess the rest. I busted some crimes Alchemax was running behind the scenes, got into a fistfight with CEO Kingpin himself, wound up in the hospital... yeah, he's a tough one. That's where I met my tech guy, Peter Parker. He made my web-shooters and injectors, and even made this suit for me! Did some more crime busting, mom died, I saved Manhattan a few times, fought Kingpin again and almost won that time, and by now I'm kind of a local celebrity. The Bugle sure doesn't like me, and there's plenty of other people who hate me too because of it, but to a lot of them, I'm your friendly neighborhood Spider-Girl, here to save the day. Balancing being Spider-Girl and working at the Bugle is difficult, but I never wanted an easy life in the first place. Oh, and, don't tell my old man that I'm Spider-Girl; I think he'd die on the spot if he found out I'm the masked menace he keeps ranting about."

The full story...

Spoiler

On Earth-8022 - a world where the natural environment was ravaged by decades of unchecked development in chemical technology - was born Joan Joanna Jameson. Her mother primarily worked overseas for Alchemax and spent little time in New York, leaving Joanna to be raised mostly by her father, J. Jonah Jameson Jr, owner of the Daily Bugle. The Bugle was a paper with a bit of a mixed reputation. To the people, it was simply a newspaper that printed cold hard facts, even if the people or the Bugle itself didn't like them, and nothing more. To Alchemax and Oscorp, however, the two chemtech giants that effectively owned the world, the Bugle was a threat, owing to the unflinching integrity of its owner. The two companies were responsible for Earth-8022's high standards of life, but also responsible for the all but total erasure of the world's natural beauty, as well as being both the owners of the world's police forces and also the root of countless criminal operations. While most media outlets could simply be given "generous donations" to buy their silence, J. Jonah had proven time and again that his silence would not be bought. If Alchemax or Oscorp was responsible for something terrible, there was no doubt that the Daily Bugle would report it.

Joanna grew up admiring her father, and the unbreakable conviction he showed the corporations. She aspired to be like him, going so far as to take up a part-time job at the Bugle as soon as she was of age. When she was fifteen years old, Joanna was given a job as a photographer, though she had a tendency to make some personal investigations of her own while she was at whatever event she'd been assigned to. This is what saw her in the back rooms of a corporate party hosted by Alchemax one night, searching for any sign of industrial-grade misdeeds. Instead, she had found - or rather, been found by - a spider, which bit her in the leg before scurrying off. Joanna left the party shortly after, and went to bed feeling rather unwell. When she woke up the next morning, however, Joanna was better than ever.

She had strength and reflexes beyond her wildest imagination! She could climb up walls and stick to the ceiling! Her body contained a paralytic venom! As she later discovered, she had a supernatural instinct that alerted her to danger!

With abilities like these, Joanna saw it fit to use them for good, and elected to keep them a secret. The last thing the world needed was a superhero everybody knew by name. During her spare time, Joanna would look into signs of foul play by Alchemax and Oscorp, and take it upon herself to crack down on the criminals. Before long, word had spread of the "Spider-Girl" who would appear, stop criminals dead in their tracks, then scurry off up the walls before anyone could get a good look at her. The Daily Bugle made its stance clear from the start: Spider-Girl was no better than the criminals she was apprehending.

"She has neither the training nor the authority to arrest these men, and her anonymity relieves her of all personal responsibility. Spider-Girl could turn on this city, and nobody would be able to track her down. She is a menace; the last thing the world needs is a masked vigilante who can't be held accountable for the misdeeds and failures she will inevitably stumble into."

At this point, Joanna knew she had to double down on her Spider-Girl efforts, and had to work all the harder to ensure her secret stayed a secret. The former ultimately culminated in one of the Bugle's hottest headlines to date: "Spider-Girl Assaults Alchemax CEO Wilson Fisk". The common threads in her crime-busting spree all led back to Fisk; the "Kingpin" who sat atop the world as one of the two kings of chemtech, and so she had elected to take the fight straight to him. She was soundly defeated, and was lucky to escape with her life. Forced to retreat on broken bones and a bloody face, Joanna later checked into a hospital to get fixed up, citing a mugging as the cause of her injuries. It was here that she'd meet someone that would turn Spider-Girl from a mere vigilante to Earth-2088's first bona fide superhero: Peter Parker.

Peter was a boy with a brilliant mind, who had been doing some volunteer work at the hospital to get an up-close lesson on the medical applications of chemtech. He wanted to use his gifts for the good of others - something the two had in common - and so after becoming fast friends and confirming Peter could keep a secret, Joanna revealed to him the true identity of Spider-Girl. After she recovered, Joanna made frequent visits to the Parker residence, discussing plans for tools to better utilize her gifts. A pair of wrist-mounted devices were created that allowed Joanna to shoot out a web-like substance, light enough to carry freely but durable enough to swing from. An additional pair of devices to be filled up with Joanna's paralytic venom, that could discharge it straight into an enemy at a measured dosage via jet injection, plus the means to safely extract her venom so she could fill the injectors. And, as a surprise from Peter, a dedicated costume to be worn during her outings as Spider-Girl. Light, breathable, but still durable, and with a built-in gas mask; a necessity in the chemical-filled atmosphere of Earth-8022.

Joanna then went about her business with renewed vigor and even greater success, quickly becoming a local celebrity. The Daily Bugle doubled down on their stance, and while Joanna backed up the Bugle from behind the camera, as Spider-Girl, she doubled down right back. However, true to the Bugle's predictions, Spider-Girl was inevitably met with failure, by her own hand no less.

During one of Mrs. Jameson's brief vacations back home, she and Joanna had gone out for a day of mother-daughter bonding. During this vacation, however, Mrs. Jameson was unaware that a target had been painted on her back by Alchemax, after the company had discovered that she was a corporate spy whose true loyalties lied with Oscorp, and that she had leaked the discarded plans for an experimental serum Alchemax deemed not worth pursuing. Kingpin wanted her gone, and her brief return to New York was a perfect time to see it done. That night, after Joanna and her mother had gone their separate ways, had witnessed a group of armed men holding up and stealing a chemical delivery truck. Having neither her suit or gadgets on her, and not wanting to out herself as Spider-Girl, Joanna decided it was probably best to let these chem thieves get away with this one. It wasn't until later that she learned, to her horror, they weren't thieves; they were assassins who had killed Joan Jameson under Kingpin's orders.

J. Jonah was furious, both at Alchemax once he uncovered it was their call that ended Joan's life, and at Spider-Girl for not being there this one time. J. Joanna wasn't faring much better, blaming herself for the incident she could have easily prevented if she'd just demonstrated a bit more responsibility with her power. Joanna was given leave from her duties at the Bugle for a time to grieve, during which time Spider-Girl's activities increased massively. During Joanna's weeks off, Spider-Girl had cracked down on and dissolved entire chem clans, following the threads of evidence all the way up to Kingpin once again, culminating in yet another brawl between the two. Under any other circumstance, this would have ended in Kingpin's defeat and subsequent arrest, but between Joanna's clouded judgment and Kingpin having several tricks up his sleeve, he ultimately escaped, forcing Spider-Girl to turn her attention back to the crimes being done on the streets rather than the ones being executed from the office.

The years that followed were more or less stable. Joanna resumed her work at the Bugle, striving to excel both as a photographer and now columnist as well, as well as in her role as Spider-Girl. Gangs and clans were formed and broken down, various other villainous characters turned up and were met with the webbed hand of justice, the Daily Bugle continued to preach that Spider-Girl was a masked menace, and the days passed on and on. The year is now 2027, and while the people of New York live good lives, they are lives that can quickly take unexpected turns according to the needs of Alchemax and Oscorp, or any of the other villainous sorts that have bent chemtech to their own ends. However, there's one simple truth they can count on. If there's danger afoot, you can count on your friendly neighborhood Spider-Girl, masked superhero, perhaps even the first of many.

Abilities:

Spoiler

Like most Spider-Men/Women, Joanna has powers that are considered standard among them. Incredible strength, durability, and agility, the ability to stick to walls and ceilings, and a supernatural "spider sense" that lets her detect danger before it becomes an immediate threat. However, there's also one thing fairly unique to Joanna.

Her venom. Not an alien symbiote - such things don't exist on Earth-8022 - but rather, a paralytic agent contained in special glands that have developed in Joanna's mouth and fingers. She can eject this venom from her body at will, and her stores of it replenish rather quickly, but using it in combat like this is highly impractical. To facilitate their use, Spider-Girl's suit comes equipped with both a pair of injectors that use jet injection to force measured doses into her opponents, as well as a numerous metal syringes that automatically inject upon hitting something. Naturally, Joanna makes a point to thoroughly clean the latter after every outing.

Misc:

Spoiler

MORE ABOUT EARTH-8022:

Spoiler

Earth-8022 is a world in which chemicals rule all. From power sources, to medicine, to construction, to waste disposal, and any and all else in-between, chemistry is king, and there are no greater kings of chemistry than the mega-corporations Alchemax and Oscorp. Respectively headed by ruthless businessmen Wilson Fisk and Norman Osborn, Alchemax and Oscorp combined dominate virtually all of the world's commerce, and the two companies are in constant competition to try and one-up the other. As of 2027, the numbers show that the only nation in the world as wealthy as the two companies is the small, highly isolationist nation of Latveria, and so it's not much of a stretch to say that Alchemax and Oscorp all but own the world.

And for all intents and purposes, these chemical kings appear to treat their subjects well. Quality of life is often high - though the same can certainly not be said of the air - and due to the advanced chemistry of Earth-8022, things like world hunger and disease have since been kissed goodbye. Indeed, life is good. Assuming, of course, one just looks at the surface, or only a little bit beyond it. Dig a little deeper, and one will find that things are very not fine. Owing to decades of unchecked chemtech development, the environment of Earth-8022 is all but uninhabitable. Wildlife is all but extinct, and a murky black smog envelops the earth, making the days dark and the nights darker. Even the very air itself is unbreathable on the best of days, requiring the use of a gas mask merely to avoid suffocating on the streets. Aside from the world having been so ravaged by the commercial warfare between two chemtech behemoths that the word "natural" has lost most of its meaning, the treatment Alchemax and Oscorp show to the people is largely a front. Rather than out of a genuine care for the consumers, this is done more to make one company look like "the good guys", and thus the other one "the bad guys". Plus, people would have a much harder time buying their products if they were dead.

In the dark underbelly of the world, away from the public eye, Earth-8022 is a world more toxic than even the most potent chemicals, and it becomes clear that "Alchemax and Oscorp own the world" applies to more than just economics. Because the two companies hold such financial power, in nearly every corner of the world, what they say goes; a power that they pay for with roads, buildings, and even police, hospitals, and other essential services that allow people to live their lives. This means that Alchemax and Oscorp write the law, control its enforcement, and if a scandal almost comes to light because of these actions, the hush money to get the media to ignore it is mere pocket change to them. Armed with de facto control of most of the world, and the financial power to force whatever's left to do their bidding anyway, Alchemax and Oscorp are thus able to create the image that everything is fine, by giving people their high standards of living with money that will immediately end up back in their pockets anyway.

Edited by yui

Oh yeah...you know this is one of mine

Spoiler

Name: Deloris Johanna Osborn, (A.k.a. DJ) / Beatdown
Appearance: 

Spoiler

1649970_7zmmLfec.png

Height: 5'11
Weight: 177lbs

Suit:

Spoiler

dexqf0i-71be1a92-9a4b-47d5-8d05-fad2f7de

Personality:

Spoiler

Spunky, erratic, and spiteful, DJ really is a product of her time, that being the 90's of Earth 5555.  She loves getting on people's nerves, just to see a reaction out of them, usually to her own detriment.  She loves getting into fights, just for the fun of it, usually ending up in her healing factor having to get into overtime.  She's obsessed with techno music, and likes to sing her favorite beeps and boops to herself or around people she likes when she's bored.  But that list of people is short.  DJ doesn't have many friends, fearing they mainly get in her way emotionally.  Though she appears standoffish and brutal, she truly does have a heart of gold that can be often accessed through foods.  

History:  

Spoiler

Huh?!  What do you mean you weren't listenin' the first time?!  Well Aren't you daft!?  I do like talkin' about myself though, so you better listen well!  Let's start at the beginning!  Hey, I'm DJ, also known to a lot of people in jail as Beatdown!  I go by that because my dad decided to name me after one of our old timey ancestors, Delores Osborn.  YUCK!  I'm the one and only arachnid powered Punk from Earth 5555!  My Grandpa was some geezer named Norman Osborn.  Ran a company called Oscorp...bet you heard of it before, huh?  Well that numbskull was dying due to some genetic disorder, and thought that the only cure lied beyond the stars.  Crazy, right?  Well I guess he was sorta onto something, seeing as how Aliens exist and what not.  Well guess who caught one and held it in his lab for some pretty heinous experimentation?  You guessed it!  This is where your girl comes into the picture!

See, I was never really a fan of my dad, or my dad's dad growing up.  I know.  Shocker!  I had no intentions of running that family business they had going.  And I was especially not going to after I found out all about my dad's secret plots of ruling over the United States with an Iron Fist as some freakazoid named the Green Goblin!  They didn't really like the fact that I found out, so guess who was experiment number one for human trials of their longevity drug.  Right again.  My best friend, May Parker.  Apparently, that alien life my Grandpa had captured a long time ago had gotten really attached to a mutated Wolf Spider.  Those two grade A ***holes really thought that if that thing bit someone, they'd live forever.  Jokes on them, It just happens to give you a lot more than longevity.  And better yet, they were going sacrifice my best friend in some sort of sicko way of initiating me into their dark dealings slash "Family Business!"  Nu-uh!  I wasn't having any of that.  I busted into the room to save May.  But in the process, I was bit by the Symbiotic Spider as well.  After busting out of my Grandfather's facility, our relationship was a little less than rocky...I've been chased to the ends of the earth for my DNA...and I eventually lost both May, and my Grandfather, in a battle above New York....

This responsibility to stop Oscorp is mine, and mine alone.  And since I have this power, I won't let May's death go unpunished.  This world will be safe from my family, or I'll die trying to make it so.  

Special Abilities: 

Spoiler

DJ has the typical spiderperson abilities, that being: Superhuman Strength, Speed, and Durability, a Spider Sense, Regeneration, and the ability to crawl along any flat surface.  Unlike most spiderpeople, she is unable to make her own bio-webbing. However, due to her spider also being bonded with a symbiote, her DNA was manipulated by the alien creature.  She had basically become a human-symbiote Hybrid.  As such, she is not under the influence of any parasite.  Rather, she is able to call upon the black ooze of the symbiotes to form a protective layer over her skin, which she can manipulate at will to make weaponry or even webbing.  Along with her symbiotic shell, her spider powers are enhanced five fold!  If she so wished, she could bond herself with anyone who was a good match to give them her same powers as well.  

[It's not so easy being...]
“You’ve gotta be shocking kidding me…”

Name: Oren Osborn: The Indomitable Spider-Goblin of Earth-204577
[Appearance:]

orenosborn.png

Height: 6'

SUIT TO BE ADDED LATER

[History:]
“We’re doing this again? Alright then, but take notes this time, there will be a quiz. My name is Oren Osborn I was bitten by a time-traveling spider, and for these last four years I’ve been the one and only Spider-Goblin. I’m from Old New York City in the year 2099, got a feeling you know the rest. Learned how to use these sweet new powers, salvaged some old tech and got a suit put together. I wasn’t able to save my friend and ally Franklin when the tin cans showed up and destroyed the time machine, but now I’m here to wrench the Big Apple out from under its oppressor’s polished boot, one destroyed drone at a time. Maybe two, if I’m really pushing myself. Every day is a fight for survival for the people here in ONYC who aren’t plugged into that AI, but I’m as scrappy as the rest of them. Because no matter how many times that shocking smartfridge knocks me down, I always get back up. Because I’m the only thing standing in Ultron’s way, I’m the last hero on Earth.”

[Unabridged:]

In the year 2095, Earth-204577 has been conquered by Ultron, a rogue AI that was once developed by the mad scientist Hank Pym. Pym is long since dead, killed by his own creation. The overwhelming majority of humanity has been converted into cyborg abominations and jacked into the collective consciousness, serving as slaves to Ultron. In the underground of Old New York City, a resistance hides and waits for a chance to fight back, but with Ultron’s mutant genocide in the 2050s and the targeted destruction of any other enhanced individuals the world has been left without heroes.

A brilliant scientist and inventor by the name of Franklin Richards devises a plan to try to acquire backup, and creates the Chronal Abductor. While Richards figured he could probably create a chronal escape pod, he knew that doing such would be abandoning those left in ONYC. Instead, his dubiously ethical device was built to pull a target from earlier in the time stream into the year 2095, without disrupting the chain of events or leading to a paradox that could potentially destroy the world. Using salvage gathered by his friend Oren Osborn, Richards constructed this device within the abandoned Alchemax headquarters, making use of its still-functional on-site nuclear fusion reactor for power.

Accompanied only by Oren, Richards activated the machine, electing to first target a generally unimportant organism in case things go disastrously wrong. The random organism selected was a spider. Eight legs made it sufficiently complex, or so Richards claimed. Oren and Franklin waited with bated breath as the machine started up. A bright flash of light from within, and then all the lights went dark as the deuterium-tritium fuel was depleted. Cracking the glow sticks the two young men carried for this circumstance (Richards predicted it to have an 83% likelihood), they looked through the viewing window. Lo and behold, a single spider was within the glass jar in the center of the platform within.

Richards sent Oren in to remove their successful test subject and release it outside. Oren went along with what the man who successfully invented time travel said, because clearly he was the smart one between the two. Retrieving the jar, Oren stepped outside. He got a good look at the night sky above, before kneeling down and unscrewing the lid. It was then that something unexpected, and particularly fateful occurred: the time-traveling spider immediately crawled from the jar onto the back or Oren’s hand. Oren had barely made it back into the lab before he collapsed.

When Oren Osborn awoke, everything felt… different. He could feel that his clothes were a little tighter, and looking down it was quickly explained by his suddenly more athletic build. And just by flexing his muscles a bit he could already tell that his new muscled appearance betrayed the true strength within. Beside him, he found Franklin Richards, who explained that by some incredible chance, the spider had granted him powers similar to Peter Parker, the long-dead Spider-Man of this same city. Unfortunately, Richards also informed Osborn that they needed more fuel for the reactor to start up again. In search of this rare material, the pair traveled across town to the Oscorp Building.

Fortunately, Oren’s DNA was close enough to that of his great-grandfather Norman’s allowing them to enter through the biometrically-secured secret entrance. Within, they not only found the deuterium-tritium fuel they needed, they found an enormous collection of gadgets that Norman Osborn used once upon a time during his stint as the villainous Green Goblin, as well as the equipment used to make the Goblin suit. Seeing their opportunity to give ONYC another hero to back up the one they planned to kidnap, the two collected the tech present and used it to create a spider-suit for Oren. Despite the fact that Oren despised the wicked ways of his ancestor, he knew that it was only because of the legacy of the Goblin that he had the chance to help his people. Taking a page from Peter Parker, as well as Norman Osborn, Oren took on the mantle of Spider-Goblin.

When the pair returned to Alchemax, they set work on preparing the Chronal Abductor for its true purpose: pulling a hero from the past to help Spider-Goblin fight back against Ultron. Richards said their target was a man named Robert Reynolds, but it wasn’t a name Oren was familiar with. Regardless, he trusted his best friend’s judgment. They started up the reactor and the lights flashed back on. Before Richards could activate the Abductor, however, Oren felt a feeling he wasn’t familiar with. It was like lightning firing down from his brain, through his spine, to the tips of each of his fingers and toes. He felt alive, and he felt terrified. After a fraction of a second that very well could have made all the difference, he realized what he was experiencing: spider-sense.

The wall of the lab burst open, as through the now gaping hole hovered Ultron. Not a drone. Not even one of the Cyborg Six. Ultron himself. Oren had never seen the master machine in person before, but he knew all too well just how dangerous he was. He knew that this was the being that had murdered the original Spider-Man, Peter Parker. So, without a second thought, Oren ran. He used all his spider powers and goblin gadgets to escape. It wasn’t until Oren had been running for two hours that he realized he left Franklin behind.

It was a full day before he could steel himself to return to the lab, and when he did it found it completely destroyed, with no hope of salvaging the tech. Best as he could tell, Franklin had initiated the self-destruct on the Chronal Abductor, sacrificing the seconds he had to try to escape so as to keep this technology out of the hands of Ultron. Oren knelt above the body of his friend, charred on one side from the explosion and with a hole in his chest that Oren knew was produced by Ultron’s fist. With a fist of rage pounded on the floor, cratering the cement, Oren vowed he would never again flee when there was someone to save.

With great power, there must also come great responsibility.

In the four years since, Spider-Goblin has made quite a name for himself in ONYC, and been a pain in the AI’s central processing unit. He has tangled with the Cyborg Six on many an occasion, destroyed hundreds if not thousands of Ultron’s drones, and most importantly saved a hell of a lot of people. And he has never run away when there was someone to save. Because he’s the Indomitable Spider-Goblin.

[Personality:]

Like most spider-people, Oren is humorous both on and off the battlefield, and like most spider-people, this is largely a coping mechanism for the enormous pressure on the young man. Despite it being years ago, the death of Franklin Richards hangs heavy on his mind, and whether it is true or not, he feels that if he made an effort he could have gotten his friend out of there before he was slaughtered by Ultron. Despite his variety of powers and gadgets, he doesn’t have the backing that the cyber-thugs he fights do, and is often, almost always outmatched. Despite this, he uses tenacity and creativity to come out on top. Unlike most spiders, Oren knows that if he loses, the world will be left without a hero, and this pressure pushes him forward.

[Abilities and Equipment:]

Oren Osborn has all the powers associated with Peter Parker of E-616 - proportional speed and strength of a spider, as well as wall-clinging and spider-sense - but also has a few extras. Oren’s spider-sense has expanded over the years, allowing him to sense electromagnetic fields with incredible precision. This allows him to “read the mind” of electronics around him, as well as identify their locations, though he cannot influence them in any way. Additionally, due to the tachyons absorbed by the spider that bit him, Oren can force himself and anything he wears or holds into a quantum superposition. This, in essence, means that he can exist in multiple places at once, splitting himself into flickering duplicates. This process is painful for Oren, and this pain magnifies with greater split mass and greater distance, so he uses this power sparingly.

In addition to his spider powers, Oren uses technology developed by Oscorp, more often associated with villainous figures including the Green Goblin, the Hobgoblin, or Jack O’Lantern. This includes pumpkin bombs, EMP and sonic pulse emitters, electrified bolas, and of course a glider. Oren’s goblin glider consists of 4 separate pieces (two footholds and two wings) held together electromagnetically, so that it can fit into a smaller space when not in use.

The formula and required ingredients for Peter Parker’s web formula has been lost to time by the 2090s, so instead of web shooters, Spider-Goblin has 4 mini grapple lines in each glove, one per knuckle. These allow Oren to traverse the air in a manner similar to most spider-people, but due to shorter effective range he tends to stay closer to walls when not on his glider.

Spoiler

Name: Jonathan Parker AKA Webster, Spider-Man of Earth-230599.

Appearance:

Spoiler

(image of face to be here later)
Height: 165cm (5'5")

History:

Spoiler

(For editing later)

Personality:

Spoiler

(For editing later)

Abilities and Equipment:

Spoiler