Sleepy

Christmas Banner Drawing

Featuring my own characters, I made this as a page header for my Facebook, Twitter, and YCM at the start of December:

Spoiler

2Bc8YvZ.jpg

Looks good! I like the little details like the freckles on one of the girls, the tape and scissors on the floor, even the carpet pattern. I'm amazed at the kind of reflective light effect of the wrapping paper below the box. The costumes are amazing, too.

On the other hand, if I have to be critical and dig for flaws, the tree look monotonous since they are spheres with the same color and no diversity in their shape, nor there are other kind of decorations. The wall could be improved with decorations here and there too, like a picture, a small table with a pot or something, IDK. The piled boxes look too flat, too. But I guess those are things that one can easily spot and you are aware of them ^^"

Edited by Darj

5 minutes ago, Darj said:

Looks good! I like the little details like the freckles on one of the girls, the tape and scissors on the floor, even the carpet pattern. I'm amazed at the kind of reflective light effect of the wrapping paper below the box.

On the other hand, if I have to be critical and dig for flaws, the tree look monotonous since they are spheres with the same color and no diversity in their shape, nor there are other kind of decorations. The wall could be improved with decorations here and there too, like a picture, a small table with a pot or something, IDK. The piled boxes look too flat, too. But I guess those are things that one can easily spot and you are aware of them.

I agree there are parts that should have had more care ^^"
I think I had the wrap paper done when I made the boxes so I didn't think of changing their angle while I was caught up with the perspective behind it.
I originally wanted a big window outside showing a snowy night, and possibly a fire in the chimney's room, but the angles for that are things I should have planned beforehand.
I wanted to not procrastinate and to make it by the start of December so I think I ended up rushing some stuff.
The tree.... that just came out that way, I don't think I could have made it better with my current skills xD

Thank you for the feedback!

This is incredible, your style has "improved" so much since the last time I've seen a drawing of yours. This is giving me very https://www.reddit.com/r/Shitty_Watercolour/

Which is not to say your artwork is shitty AT ALL just the style is very similar.

Great stuff keep it up.

I think a bit of shading would be good to do by the leg that's "above" the tree but that's just a minor gripe.

1 hour ago, Tormented said:

This is incredible, your style has "improved" so much since the last time I've seen a drawing of yours. This is giving me very https://www.reddit.com/r/Shitty_Watercolour/

Which is not to say your artwork is shitty AT ALL just the style is very similar.

Great stuff keep it up.

I think a bit of shading would be good to do by the leg that's "above" the tree but that's just a minor gripe.

That artist nails the colors pretty well. Looked through the works and it goes from very casual to deceptively hard.
That artist name xD
I'll also take it as a recommendation.

Now that you mention the leg. IDK how I didn't see that detail before but now it feels like something I need to fix.
That might actually extend to the whole image with the front and the back of the room illuminated pretty similarly.

Thank you!

Ugh, I can't take the adorableness!

In all seriousness, these are great. My only gripe is the pattern in the carpet. Might just be a style thing, but given the perspective, they should be wider on the bottom and gradually reducing in size as they get farther back.

14 minutes ago, Thar said:

Ugh, I can't take the adorableness!

In all seriousness, these are great. My only gripe is the pattern in the carpet. Might just be a style thing, but given the perspective, they should be wider on the bottom and gradually reducing in size as they get farther back.

Yes I tried to make the pattern with markers and as much as I tried I couldn't make them small enough in the back, and I looked for pens but none had the color, then to add another issue, I thought I was mostly done with the drawing when I added the pattern but had to go back and shade some stuff and the pattern got lost in the blending in those areas xD
And the space in-between should have been wider too, and probably the front ones bigger.

Thank you n.n

Love your art, it’s always so cute and the coloring feels nice too.

8 hours ago, Suzu said:

Love your art, it’s always so cute and the coloring feels nice too.

I'm probably repeating this too much in this thread but:
Thank you! 

Glad to hear that n_n