Fusion

Captain Marvel

Captain_Marvel_poster.jpg

Carol Danvers becomes one of the universe's most powerful heroes when Earth is caught in the middle of a galactic war between two alien races.

My thoughts on the movie:

It's pretty alright and solid. I'd say it's like mid-tier/high mid-tier for MCU films. I enjoyed Cap interacting with Fury and some of the other cast, but I think she's stronger with other characters than she is solo. But she did have amnesia most of the movie, so I feel like Cap Marvel 2 will have better solo character stuff with Carol now that she has an established identity and Brie Larson will have grown more into the role by that point.

I probably should have expected the Skrulls being good considering the Kree were the bad guys in Avengers and Guardians. I liked them, so it'd be interesting to see them modern day. If they do a Fantastic Four reboot, Super Skrull could be a good villain to use in FF 2.

I also really enjoyed all of the 90s content, got a huge chuckle when she crashed through the Blockbuster.

Also, I see what you did with Monica there, Marvel.

It's got a great box office weekend too.

Spoiler

First of all, the Stan Lee tribute at the beginning was very nice. I wonder how long they'll keep it.

The movie was great fun. I was very surprised to see the Skrulls as the good guys (I dunno if that's normal for them, I'm only familiar with Super-Skrull being a F4 villain), and I loved Ben Mendelsohn as Talos.

Interesting to see how Fury actually lost his eye, I guess the Flerkin scratche must have left some nasty infection.

Brie Larson needs to take some running lessons from Tom Cruise or something, though. Her form lacked urgency.

Edited by Shradow

Spoiler

Wasn't anywhere near as "end of MCU go woke go broke" bad as the internet has been sperging on about, but wasn't amazing either. If you walk in during the last 10 minutes, you really didn't miss much.

Though, that scene where Marvel roars back at the Skrull made me crack a smile for some reason.