Sign in to follow this  
cr47t

Joker

I'm actually interested in the idea of a Joker origin story that isn't just "oh he fell into the vat of acid and he's crazy now" and is actually more of a psychological thriller or something like that. Judging from the trailer it looks to me like Joaquin Phoenix is going to be the second best Joker (nothing can top Heath Ledger) assuming the movie is as good as the trailer makes it out to be.

Your thoughts, NCM?

Edited by cr47t
Removed the "attach movie" feature because it took up too much space. Now I realize why people don't use it

When I first heard this movie was going to be a thing and Joaquin Phoenix was playing the lead role, I was excited because I enjoyed him as Johnny Cash in Walk the Line... then that screen test came out a couple months back and I was a little nervous, but seeing this trailer I love that we are seeing his slow descent into madness... not taking anything away from any of the other Jokers who’ve come before him either but I think he’s third best, Mark Hamill & Heath Ledger are top 2 for me

On 4/5/2019 at 11:58 PM, jad2342 said:

When I first heard this movie was going to be a thing and Joaquin Phoenix was playing the lead role, I was excited because I enjoyed him as Johnny Cash in Walk the Line... then that screen test came out a couple months back and I was a little nervous, but seeing this trailer I love that we are seeing his slow descent into madness... not taking anything away from any of the other Jokers who’ve come before him either but I think he’s third best, Mark Hamill & Heath Ledger are top 2 for me

interesting to hear hamill as top 2. personally i think phoenix will be #2 for me and i've never seen hamill. what do you like about his portrayal? (i personally prefer the more serious jokers over the campy ones but that's just me)

About Hamill's? Well You don't see Hamill, you just hear him in the animated series and in the Batman Arkham City video game. Something about the fact Hamill can be both serious (in the video game) and campy (both in the animated series and in the video game at times) just kind of stuck with me... plus Hamill got the laugh down PERFECT

I don't know about that man... Ledger sounds better at least to me.  I didn't grow up with the Animated Series and I've never played any of the Arkham games so I'm not familiar with Hamill.

Anyway, I'm getting off track. What else did you like about the trailer?

The fact we see his slow descent into madness is what gets me, instead of jumping right into it like Ledger’s Joker. Joaquin Phoenix is a phenomenal actor and he will kill it, it’s already a different Joker than what we’ve seen in all these years