Amorphage Despair

Amorphage Despair
EARTH
[Dragon/Link/Effect]
Link Rating:2
Link Arrows: ⬇ (S), ⬋ (SW)
ATK: 1850

2 monsters, including at least 1 "Amorphage" monster

During your Main Phase, you can conduct 1 Pendulum Summon of a "Amorphage" monster(s) in addition to your Pendulum Summon (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)  If this card is Tributed or destroyed by battle or by card effect: You can add 1 "Amorphage" monster that is either face-up in your Extra Deck or in your GY to your hand. During your opponent's turn (Quick Effect): You can place 1 "Amorphage" Continuous Spell/Trap from your Deck face-up in your Spell and Trap Zone, and if you do, destroy 1 card you control. You can only use this effect of "Amorphage Despair" once per turn.

Support To:

Design and Flavor Notes:

Spoiler

So what this would do for Amorphage in particular is not only provide a free Pendulum summon to try and relieve the maintenance cost of Scale effects (something Amorphage has been suffering from post MR4), but also quickly get out their searcher or their Scale/floodgate fixer and trigger them.

As far as flavor goes... There was very minimal liberty here since they are based off this  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins (Greek Version) and they pretty much correlate to all of them. There is, however, as mentioned in the link, an eighth deadly sin (Latin Version) known as Tristitia (sorrow, despair, despondency)... So I took the opportunity to use that for the flavor. Although because of that... I am sure some people who considered making Amorphage support also did the same. So a little disclaimer here: It wasn't my intent to steal the name if it already exist... It is the only name I could use to relate to the flavor of Amorphage aside from calling it Sorrow, or Despondency which neither sound as cool.

Edited by BGMキャノン

Seems easy enough to make. Use a Token or self Summoner and the archetype monster.

Even at the time these guys came out, I recall no presence of them competitively. And if there was, it was sparse. An additional Pendulum Summon may sound nuts. But given the state of these guys, I don't think it'd do too much harm.

And that last effect helps put into motion their Spell/Traps. Nice card.

IMO it does a bit too much, packing 3 effects, or even 4 considering the archetype can compensate or even benefit from the destruction of the last effect, and 1 floating for the fall back safety on your monster investment, but considering Amorphages' relevance in the game, I guess it can get away with it, but IDK. If you wanted to be safe, I would limit the additional Pendulum Summon to only 1 monster, but because of MR4 rules on Pendulum Summon, that may not be necessary.