Sign in to follow this  
Sleepy

Dark Summoning Alchemist

Dark Summoning Alchemist
DARK  Level 5  [Spellcaster/Effect]  0 / 0

If you control no monsters or if you only control Level 10+ monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand).
You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 "Uria, Lord of Searing Flames", "Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder", "Raviel, Lord of Phantasms", or "Armityle the Chaos Phantom" from your hand or GY, ignoring its Summoning Conditions. 
You can banish this card from your GY: Activate 1 "Fallen Paradise" from your Deck or GY.

- - - - -

Since Sacred Beasts didn't win the Structure Deck, here's some support. It covers for the field searcher, recycles the beasts, actually Summons itself and unlike Beast, the Summons of any of the above is not tied to a hard OPT clause and doesn't end your chances of battling that turn. Inferno Reckless works with it but you gotta have the beasts in the hand or GY already unlike with Beast.

It's a Spellcaster because the decks I've seen already run the Summoner Monk engine along with Transmodify to Armageddon Knight/Dark Grepher and Stygian Street Patrol. If I made 2 more cards it'd be a Warrior-Type "Dark Summoning..." monster and a Spell similar to Transmodify but for the archetype. Maybe both ideas can fit into a single card actually.....

While Dark Summoning Beast pulls out the Sacred Beast in much more reach by either adding them from Deck the  to hand or Special Summoning them from the Deck or hand, this one is significantly more easier to get out and works well with Beast adding effect. Fallen Paradise pull is nice touch considering the Sacred Beast engine is still not well established. The Dark Spellcaster typing even got me thinking this could make Sacred Beast pairable with the Dark Magician engine as well with Dark Magic Veil and Magician Navigation in mind.

Edited by BGMキャノン

26 minutes ago, BGMキャノン said:

While Dark Summoning Beast pulls out the Sacred Beast in much more reach by either adding them from Deck the  to hand or Special Summoning them from the Deck or hand, this one is significantly more easier to get out and works well with Beast adding effect. Fallen Paradise pull is nice touch considering the Sacred Beast engine is still not well established. The Dark Spellcaster typing even got me thinking this could make Sacred Beast pairable with the Dark Magician engine as well with Dark Magic Veil and Magician Navigation in mind.

Had not thought about that. Makes me picture a hypothetical anime scenario where Yugi would have to use a Sacred Beast, he'd probably use something like this with Navigation, Magical Dimension, or Dark Renewal. 

On another note, you can also use Wonder Wand or Spellbook of Knowledge for the +0 "draw 2" effect, and then banish it in the GY to establish the field. IDK how well that'd work in practice but it's an option xD

Personally not a fan of Beast because of its design: it's a Fiend despite being named as Beast, awkward Level 5, and a blatant way to support the Sacred Beasts with the double search. But can't deny the support it provides is solid.

Now, this is an awkward Level 5 to go on theme, but you did a great job at removing what annoyed me of Beast: self-Summon condition lets it go around a Tribute Summon, it's not as bland at supporting the Sacred Beasts, and Spellcaster type goes with its name. Furthermore, as pointed above, DARK/Spellcaster is a decently supported typing,so that's a plus.