Sign in to follow this  
Sleepy

D.D. Portal Orb

D.D. Portal Orb
[Quick-Play Spell Card]

Shuffle 1 banished Spell/Trap into the Deck; banish 1 "D.D." monster from your hand, Deck or GY, and if you do, Special Summon it during the End Phase. You can only use this effect of "D.D. Portal Orb" once per turn.
A monster Summoned by the effect of "D.D. Portal Orb" cannot be targeted by your opponent's attacks or effects while you control a "D.D." monster Summoned by other ways.
If this card is banished while you control a "D.D." monster: Add it to your hand.

- - - -

The card is meant to support "D.D. Master" which is like "The Creator" but for banished monsters. It gives it protection to a degree. Also, if you have a Macro Cosmos-like effect on the field, the Spell will return to your hand to become discard fodder for D.D. Master's effect. 

The protection effect is worded like that so that no matter which copy of this spell you used, having only D.D.s summoned this way won't create an attack/target lock. 
Its idea is that D.D. Master returns the D.D. Warrior/Warrior Lady/Assailant monsters and smashes them against the opponent for good old removal, before being able to touch the master.

Edited by Sleepy

That is an interesting activation cost and a potentially handy one in prolonged games as it can recycle pivotal stuff you might have banished like Raigeki, and the likes. While it is delayed, most D.D. monsters are actually defensive/grindy cards in nature particularly the ones you mentioned. It should be noted that D.D. has one member that was awkwardly named different from the rest of the archetype: https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Different_Dimension_Dragon I don't know if you would want to include him as a search option.

Edited by BGMキャノン

41 minutes ago, BGMキャノン said:

That is an interesting activation cost and a potentially handy one in prolonged games as it can recycle pivotal stuff you might have banished like Raigeki, and the likes. While it is delayed, most D.D. monsters are actually defensive/grindy cards in nature particularly the ones you mentioned. It should be noted that D.D. has one member that was awkwardly named different from the rest of the archetype: https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Different_Dimension_Dragon I don't know if you would want to include him as a search option.

Oh god.... what a mess xD
I'm looking it up, and it seems Igigen is the term used, but D.D. Master is written with English D.D. in the Japanese card for some reason, and other cards like Different Dimension Deepsea Trench have the term outright spoken.

I guess I could make it:
"D.D." or "Different Dimension". 
Good thing the D/D/D cards differentiate each other with the slash, despite them being "Different Dimension Demon"... I don't have to worry about them.

IMO removing "Orb" from the name would be better. "Portal Orb" doesn't roll out of tongue too well for me, or however the expression goes.
The requirement of returned a banished Spell/Trap into the Deck bugs me a bit: it's uncommon, and although I do get it's intended to be paired with Macro, without Macro you would have to resort to other effects that get Spell/Traps banished, namely Spell Striker of Spell/Traps with built0in GY effects that banish themselves as cost. In that way it feels off-theme. The last effect is a rather odd way to support D.D. Master, by offsetting the discard cost. I advice to add a hard OPT to the last effect as well, otherwise it could loop with the 7-card hand limit.

All in all, aside the last effect lacking hard OPT, the card looks fine, even if it's a bit eccentric at supporting D.D.s xD

Edited by A Crap Guide to CC