Sign in to follow this  
Unlisted Member

Bonfire Fuel

Bonfire Fuel
[Normal Spell]

You can discard up to 2 FIRE monsters with 200 DEF; draw a number of cards equal to the number of cards you discarded +1. You can only activate 1 "Bonfire Fuel" once per turn.

Inspiration From:

Spoiler

Viva la Rekindling !

T'is great to have it back at 3.

Great era to be a Laval/Flamvell/Jurrac player... Now if only these archetypes got modern day consistency/speed... Hmm.

Edited by BGMキャノン

Performapal Recasting for 200 DEF FIREs, huh. Like Torcher, card is welcomed but still rather bland. I find amusing how you resort to adding consistency to Rekindling decks before making a card that directly searches Rekindling instead, or Spell/Traps that affect FIRE monsters with 200 DEF for that matter if you don't want to be too blatant and spice it a bit; feels as you were jumping through hoops for the sake of appearing to be fair xD

1 hour ago, A Crap Guide to CC said:

Performapal Recasting for 200 DEF FIREs, huh. Like Torcher, card is welcomed but still rather bland. I find amusing how you resort to adding consistency to Rekindling decks before making a card that directly searches Rekindling instead, or Spell/Traps that affect FIRE monsters with 200 DEF for that matter if you don't want to be too blatant and spice it a bit; feels as you were jumping through hoops for the sake of appearing to be fair xD

Well... They may be bland... But, all the Decks that I've seen with FIRE/ 200 DEF motif lack fundamental things on consistency, searches and/or draw power , except for maybe Infernoids and to a lesser extent Lavals. The pragmatic side of me finds this fair because the card actually nets 0 in advantage because you discard 2 or 1, and this card replaces itself.  It is based upon whether or not you get Rekindling for you to actually get pluses. Another thing to consider is that you can go a hard -3 if you get Ashed while trying to get greedy via discard 2 for 3 draws.

That is personally why I prefer draw power and luck of not getting Ashed (or having Called by the Grave) over directly searching Rekindling.

Edited by BGMキャノン

Well, with some dedication maybe you could make a consistent 200 DEF FIRE deck. For instance, Miscellaneousaurus is an easy Aeolo search, Tenki can grab Fire Fist Spirit and Leopard, and OCG has Needlefiber to grab whatever Level 1~3, 200-DEF FIRE Tuner they want, so you could makeshift engines from there, thinning the deck and setting up the GY for a Rekindling play.
And to be fair this card is more for deck thinning than consistency. There is the risk of drawing this but not enough 200 DEF FIREs to take advantage of the effect or, worse, the card ends up dead.

1 hour ago, A Crap Guide to CC said:

Well, with some dedication maybe you could make a consistent 200 DEF FIRE deck. For instance, Miscellaneousaurus is an easy Aeolo search, Tenki can grab Fire Fist Spirit and Leopard, and OCG has Needlefiber to grab whatever Level 1~3, 200-DEF FIRE Tuner they want, so you could makeshift engines from there, thinning the deck and setting up the GY for a Rekindling play.
And to be fair this card is more for deck thinning than consistency. There is the risk of drawing this but not enough 200 DEF FIREs to take advantage of the effect or, worse, the card ends up dead.

Ah yes Deck thinning is what I meant... But, let's face it Rekindling is a very potent card, and for whatever reason doesn't have a HOPT. Sure it requires set up... But, that is what this is suppose to do while Deck thinning. Yeah there are Decks that don't have a lot of the FIRE/200 to make up for it, but there is at least one good, splashable candidate that I can think of that can make this card live because it has a searcher: Red Resonator. Resonator Call searches it and offers you a chance to Deck thin with this card... I mean it is that and/or you can just play Decks that are already heavy on the motif: Laval/Flamvell.

Edited by BGMキャノン