Sign in to follow this  
Unlisted Member

Volcanic Homingshot

Volcanic Homingshot
FIRE
✪✪✪ (Level 3)
[Pyro/Effect]
ATK/ 500 DEF/1800

While you control a "Blaze Accelerator" card (Quick Effect): You can banish this card from your hand or GY and target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; destroy the target, and if you do, inflict 500 damage to your opponent. You can only use this effect of "Volcanic Homingshot" once per turn.

Support To:

Concept:

Edited by BGMキャノン

Cannot shake off the vibe that it is a bit too flexible. First, targeting face-up cards is deceptively good, because now Volcanics could handle monsters through Scattershot, and Spell/Traps, albeit face-up ones, with this. Seems that it could be a bit too oppressive to me, from a balance perspective of course because nowadays' meta opens with at least 3 negations/disruptions. But if it could only target monsters, then it would give the opponent the chance to fall back on its Spell/Traps when facing Volcanics, and in a way it could be seen more flavorful in a "Volcanics play around destroying monsters and burning" approach.

Then, there is the ability of using the effect from the hand. Feels a bit off-theme and overkill-ish when Volcanics are more about GY effects, and ideally you will be discarding your Homingshots with the drawing effect of Reload, anyway.

On the other hand, it could be better as Level4 for Rank4 plays with Rocket and Firestorm Guards. I get the Level3 is to stay in flavor with the different Levels of Volcanics, but if you wanna get picky, there already is a Level 3 in Volcanic Counter, while there are 2 Level4s, so you may as well make this 4 as well.

Edited by A Crap Guide to CC