Sign in to follow this  
Tinkerer

Equal Opportunity Spell Slicer [WRITTEN]

Equal Opportunity Spell Slicer
WIND *****
Warrior/Tuner/Effect
If a Spell/Trap leaves the field by an effect, you can Special Summon this card from your hand.  If this card declares an attack, you can negate the attack, and if you do, destroy 1 Spell/Trap on the field.  The Spell/Trap is treated as though it were destroyed by battle.
2200/1000

Just a silly card I came up with.  I noticed that a lot of the floating Spell/Traps only trigger when destroyed by card effect, so I figured I'd make a monster that bypasses that.  It can destroy things yet - at the same time - normally doesn't trigger their effects.

Yeah, I know I could get a similar utility more conventionally (banishing, negating effects in GY, etc. etc.) but this seemed like more fun! ?

for some reason im picturing Witch-Hunter using Whip/Chain Weapon (kinda like Castlevania's Belmont family)

the removal effect is definitely interesting....

"If this card declare an attack: You can target 1 Spell/Trap card your opponent control; Special Summon that target as Normal Monster (ATK 0/DEF 0) in face-down Defense Position and then change this card attack target to that Summoned Monster.

probably the most realistic take on this, its slow but it should be good if the monster has access to multi attacking or piercing

Thanks!

I think the biggest issue with that wording is that it removes the original card's ability to destroy your own spell/traps (for the few that trigger, i.e. Geartown).  Other than that, yeah, I might change up the wording to work in-line with that phrasing.  Thanks again!

Interesting take on alternative Spell/Trap removal for sure. IMO it would be mostly played for its first effect, though. Makes me think it could be a decent tech in True Dracos, since they can pop Spell/Traps on board with Diagram. Other decks should be able to consistently Summon it, and as a Level 5 Tuner it allows the access to higher Synchros than the more common Level 1~3 Tuners do.