British Soul

[DANE] Fairy Dragon Larvalaur

Dwc_NejVAAAGfKW.jpg?ssl=1

DANE-JP020 妖醒龍ラルバウール Youseiryuu Larvalaur (Strange Awakening Dragon Larvalaur/Fairy Dragon Larvalaur)
Level 1/DARK/Dragon/Effect
You can only use the 1st and 2nd effects of this card’s name once per turn, each.
(1) If a monster you control is destroyed by battle or an opponent’s card effect: You can Special Summon this card from the GY (if this card was there when that monster was destroyed) or hand (even if not), and if you do, banish this card when it leaves the field.
(2) If this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 face-up monster on the field; discard 1 card, and if you do, add to your hand 1 monster from your Deck with that target’s Type and Attribute, but a different name.
0/0

While I'm sure this will have uses elsewhere, this thing is basically an easy REDRUM search and summon, and then banishing this thing with the (1) effect won't even matter if you banish it to bring out REDRUM. And hell, you can just have REDRUM bring back the card you discarded if it was a dragon. There isn't really a lot of downsides to using this card.

Can also search Destrudo off itself to facilitate plays or the Chaos Emperor Pendulum Dragon (if it is unlikely to survive its summoning condition). Pretty neat that now 141 = any DARK Dragon.

Aside from that, is there a deck that'd be able to use this to effectively search archetypal members using this effect? Raidraptors, maybe?

Edited by Tinkerer

2 hours ago, The Warden said:

While I'm sure this will have uses elsewhere, this thing is basically an easy REDRUM search and summon, and then banishing this thing with the (1) effect won't even matter if you banish it to bring out REDRUM. And hell, you can just have REDRUM bring back the card you discarded if it was a dragon. There isn't really a lot of downsides to using this card.

I thought you couldn't banish a card for a cost if it's already set to banish itself. Is it different when it comes to Summoning costs like this, or whatever the correct term would be.

At first I overlooked the discard cost and thought it was amazing. Now that I saw it, well, the card is good but not as amazing xD

Yeah, Destrudo and REDMD are good picks this card can inherently grab. I guess Collapserpent would be a potential tech along this in LIGHT mono Attribute/Type decks. Tellarknights, Cyber Dragons and Trickstars come to mind.

Edited by Darj